Jump to topic:

Does Danielle always do this?

MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 12:04:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Danielle is basically calling my arguments idiotic in the comments and ranting about how stupid I am: [http://debate.org...]

It's becoming clear to me that she isn't doing this based on her actual opinion, but to get support from the voters and make them biased towards her before they even read the debate. It's incredibly low, far more so than when I used to demand explanations from people who voted against me. I can't even conceive of doing it. She did this in our original debate, too.

She's an immature sore loser who uses this tactic every time she realizes she isn't winning. She harassed a another member for supporting me and said that he was my multi-account (Nate confirmed he wasn't). I'm getting sick of her comments popping up every time I post my round. In all my time here, I've never met anyone who would do that because of the sheer ridiculousness of it. You don't insult your opponent to win.

Does she always do this or is it just with me? I'm getting rather fed up with it...
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
RationalMadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 12:07:09 PM
Coming from a crazy Jew who hacked the system to allow unlimited character limit and is an idiot this sure is rich.
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 12:24:26 PM
At 12/15/2012 12:07:09 PM, RationalMadman wrote:
Coming from a crazy Jew who hacked the system to allow unlimited character limit and is an idiot this sure is rich.
You aren't used to a little spanking here, eh? I think it's time you keep your mouth shut and let the debaters have their way. Be glad I ain't MouthWash, otherwise your presence here would be mere embarrassment for yourself. I think the most embarrassing thing for either side is their supporting block. You're a good example Ma'am.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 12:58:34 PM
At 12/15/2012 12:24:26 PM, Mirza wrote:
You aren't used to a little spanking here, eh? I think it's time you keep your mouth shut and let the debaters have their way. Be glad I ain't MouthWash, otherwise your presence here would be mere embarrassment for yourself. I think the most embarrassing thing for either side is their supporting block. You're a good example Ma'am.

I actually agree with Mirza... It really is the end of the world.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
RationalMadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 1:37:26 PM

Did you just f*cking call me "Ma'am"?!
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 1:54:24 PM
At 12/15/2012 1:37:26 PM, RationalMadman wrote:

Yup he did, Ma'am. You are definitely a Ma'am.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 2:02:36 PM
At 12/15/2012 12:04:34 PM, MouthWash wrote:
Danielle is basically calling my arguments idiotic in the comments and ranting about how stupid I am: [http://debate.org...]

It's becoming clear to me that she isn't doing this based on her actual opinion, but to get support from the voters and make them biased towards her before they even read the debate. It's incredibly low, far more so than when I used to demand explanations from people who voted against me. I can't even conceive of doing it. She did this in our original debate, too.

She's an immature sore loser who uses this tactic every time she realizes she isn't winning. She harassed a another member for supporting me and said that he was my multi-account (Nate confirmed he wasn't). I'm getting sick of her comments popping up every time I post my round. In all my time here, I've never met anyone who would do that because of the sheer ridiculousness of it. You don't insult your opponent to win.

Does she always do this or is it just with me? I'm getting rather fed up with it...

It is my experience that if you hold an opinion other than hers you are an idiot. There are no other valid opinions than her opinions.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Apeiron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 2:19:45 PM

Relax girls do this they're social creatures.
Apeiron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 2:22:08 PM
but I'll begin this round by thanking the READERS for taking the time

Lol, you're obviously dealing with a politician of DDO here. You're arguing a popularity contest bud. Maybe let it be about the propositional content and not the person and ya might be able to prove whatever point you're going for?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 2:36:46 PM

I don't know. Why not fvcking ask her, instead of plaguing the rest of us with your artificial drama?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 2:48:25 PM
At 12/15/2012 2:36:46 PM, drafterman wrote:

I don't know. Why not fvcking ask her, instead of plaguing the rest of us with your artificial drama?

All drama becomes artificial when one realizes the lack of exigency in conferring a spectacle a particular importance and relevance in the lives of those not involved in it. :)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 3:01:57 PM
I agree with Drafterman. Artificial drama indeed. This thread is especially ridiculous when seen in light of the utter ridiculousness, pointlessness, futility, of the debate itself in the first place. No offense but what a silly waste of time. You're lucky that she accepted the debate challenge in the first place (if I were her I wouldn't have wasted my time on it) and even luckier that she continued to participate and actually put her effort into it after you posted that round with a seemingly infinite amount of characters. You have no right to act annoyed, confused, or surprised by the nature of Danielle's comments, because the very nature of your protests about the last debate and the provocative, incendiary nature of this one are so childishly inappropriate that it would inevitably lead to such a "flame war" with the apparently inappropriate behavior you describe. I've never seen more hype about, and more effort put into, another debate on this site, which is a shame, because I don't want to read a debate about such a boring, petty, and irrelevant topic in the first place.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 3:12:37 PM
At 12/15/2012 2:02:36 PM, sadolite wrote:

It is my experience that if you hold an opinion other than hers you are an idiot. There are no other valid opinions than her opinions.

Experience, rather than acquaintance...:(

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 3:40:18 PM
At 12/15/2012 3:01:57 PM, jat93 wrote:
I agree with Drafterman. Artificial drama indeed. This thread is especially ridiculous when seen in light of the utter ridiculousness, pointlessness, futility, of the debate itself in the first place. No offense but what a silly waste of time. You're lucky that she accepted the debate challenge in the first place (if I were her I wouldn't have wasted my time on it) and even luckier that she continued to participate and actually put her effort into it after you posted that round with a seemingly infinite amount of characters. You have no right to act annoyed, confused, or surprised by the nature of Danielle's comments, because the very nature of your protests about the last debate and the provocative, incendiary nature of this one are so childishly inappropriate that it would inevitably lead to such a "flame war" with the apparently inappropriate behavior you describe. I've never seen more hype about, and more effort put into, another debate on this site, which is a shame, because I don't want to read a debate about such a boring, petty, and irrelevant topic in the first place.

You just got ripped a new one.

And I really don't think there's a single person who has or will read that debate.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 4:42:53 PM
At 12/15/2012 3:40:18 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/15/2012 3:01:57 PM, jat93 wrote:

You just got ripped a new one.

And I really don't think there's a single person who has or will read that debate.

Unfortunately that won't stop people from voting.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 4:44:13 PM
At 12/15/2012 1:37:26 PM, RationalMadman wrote:

Make us sammiches please.
kfc
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 5:07:29 PM
At 12/15/2012 5:06:06 PM, Wnope wrote:
Can we just agree Mouthwash is acting like a lil' b*tch right now?

Look what you've done!

Mouthwash is probably drawing up a debate right now titled "Wnope uses mean tactics in his comments."
kfc
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 5:11:51 PM

Ill sign that petition.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 5:15:00 PM
At 12/15/2012 5:07:29 PM, Koopin wrote:

Look what you've done!

Mouthwash is probably drawing up a debate right now titled "Wnope uses mean tactics in his comments."

Can I be pro?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 5:23:37 PM
At 12/15/2012 5:15:00 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 12/15/2012 5:07:29 PM, Koopin wrote:

Look what you've done!

Can I be pro?

I loled
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 5:34:56 PM

I only insulted you after I was insulted first. Also, that's what the comments section is for: comments. People were saying that the debate/arguments were stupid, and I agreed. Accepting the debate was dumb in the first place, but after you insulted me, discredited my win, made false accusations, whined, and refused to debate me ever again based on the "dishonest" tactics of our first debate compelled me to defend myself. I regret that now, but after putting in that much time it's too late to quit. It's also completely dishonest of you to suggest that you weren't saying very nasty things about me both in our actual debates, as well as the comments section of both debates. You need to get off your high horse, hypocrite. The flame war between us in the comments section got more views than our debate will. At the very least, I may have provided some entertainment to people who couldn't avoid stopping to stare at the car crash known as our current debate.

It's not "clear" to anyone but you. Also, I can confirm that I was calling your arguments stupid via PM that was just between me and you. Ergo, it's completely false that I did this because of or in order to gain support. I said those things because they're true, and the fact I told you so via PM before our debate ever began proves this is a lie. Fail.

She's an immature sore loser who uses this tactic every time she realizes she isn't winning.

1. I won our debate...
2. Everyone keeping up with the arguments agrees that I'm winning our current debate...
3. You created a debate based on the fact I crushed you...
4. I was the winner, you were the loser, and apparently you're pretty sore about it, not me.

She harassed a another member for supporting me and said that he was my multi-account (Nate confirmed he wasn't).

Wow. What a blatant liar you are. I didn't "harass" anyone. Royal made an accusation of multi-accounting, and I said it could very well be your multi. I never made that accusation, and in fact said that it probably wasn't true. Here's proof.

"n00bs who have been online for a week... Money on the fact that they never read the previous (or this) debate. They're either MW himself, his friends, or random biased n00bs."

http://debate.org...

"He probably isn't a multi, though royal suspects he isn't new. I've never seen him say anything outside of this debate so I have no idea."

http://debate.org...

So yeah... keep lying little homie.

I'm getting sick of her comments popping up every time I post my round. In all my time here, I've never met anyone who would do that because of the sheer ridiculousness of it. You don't insult your opponent to win.

Likewise, I'm getting tired of your comments. Cry me a river.

I also don't need to insult you (or anyone) to win. Your arguments were/are so bad that you defeat yourself, honestly. You really need to stop blaming me for the fact that you lost our debate fair and square (with infinitely more characters than me). Like I said, in our original debate, you cheated to break the character limit. You posted last. You could have explained exactly why you should have won based on my "dishonest" tactics. But you know what happened? People read the debate, decided that I beat you by an overwhelming majority, and then you retaliated by attacking me just because I beat you. Grow up.

Waaah.
President of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 5:41:16 PM

Maybe there's some psychology behind this bias. For example, your username is horrendously unappealing. If I didn't know what you 2 were arguing about or who you two were, I'd side with someone named Danielle without thinking twice. Who wants to agree with mouthwash?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 5:44:33 PM
This thread has some win responses.

This is one of the worst cases of butthurt in the history of DDO.

There is an old saying, 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.'
It is so relevant here!

If you thought she used dishonest tactics originally, why the hell are you surprised that she would use those same tactics again, given the resounding victory she had the first time. Are you stupid? Get the fvck over it. Anyone who has done a few debates on this site will have had debates not go as they expected (see, been curb stomped in the votes when they thought they had it over a barrel.). It's part of the game.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 5:49:17 PM
At 12/15/2012 5:41:16 PM, 000ike wrote:

Maybe there's some psychology behind this bias. For example, your username is horrendously unappealing. If I didn't know what you 2 were arguing about or who you two were, I'd side with someone named Danielle without thinking twice. Who wants to agree with mouthwash?

I hope there is some legitimate ground for this wonderful surmise, Ike. :)

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 5:51:23 PM

Im sure she has some valid arguments to both claims.

You mean to tell me that some people on Debate.org sometimes exhibit questionable conduct? THANKS CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

She's an immature sore loser who uses this tactic every time she realizes she isn't winning.

Said by the kid who
1) Started a mutliaccount to mimic somebody else and then use that account to spam the f*ck out of the forums with the word f*ck which resulted in you getting banned for a day or so
2) Started a thread about a debate you lost in which you clearly cheated and STILL got your a** kicked.

She harassed a another member for supporting me and said that he was my multi-account (Nate confirmed he wasn't).

Royal was the one who started the multiaccount accusations, not Danielle.

I'm getting sick of her comments popping up every time I post my round.

Im sick of all of your sh*t but you dont see me making threads about it.

In all my time here, I've never met anyone who would do that because of the sheer ridiculousness of it. You don't insult your opponent to win.

Clearly you are not familiar with some of my work..... I can name at least 3 debates ive won where all i did was poke fun at somebody elses grammar.

Then grow a pair of balls and dont challenge her to meaningless debates that nobody is going to even read.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 6:41:31 PM
My arguments are idiotic and I am stupid: [http://debate.org...]

It's becoming clear to me that I am biased towards her before they even read the debate. My self-esteem is incredibly low, far more so than when I used to demand explanations from people who voted against me. I can't even conceive of doing it. I do this in all my debates.

I am an immature sore loser who uses this tactic every time I realize I'm not winning. I harassed another member for supporting me and said that he was my multi-account (Nate confirmed he wasn't). I'm getting sick of my comments popping up every time I post my round. In all my time here, I've never met anyone who would do that because of the sheer ridiculousness of it. You don't insult your opponent to win.

Do I always do this or is it just with me? I'm getting rather fed up with it...
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 6:43:03 PM
At 12/15/2012 5:44:33 PM, tvellalott wrote:

There is an old saying, 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.'
It is so relevant here!

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong. It goes, "Fool me once...shame on....shame on you...If you fool me, can't get fool again."
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle