RudeReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 5:16:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Reference to the debate:

http://www.debate.org...

I'm of a mind that it's just sheer toddlerish tantrum-esque nonsense, myself, on both fronts. Pro for starting the entire debacle with his baseless accusations, and Con for accepting the debate and thus pandering to Pro's shredded ego.

I've read the entirety of both debates, and I can't help but critique MW on his seemingly deliberate malfeasance on the first debate that resulted ultimately in his loss. So the second debate is a bone of contention on the use of dishonest tactics...like that could ever be proven via a debate. I feel this is worse than my introduction to DDO, vis a vis the Imabench debacle (not picking a new fight with you, Ima, just illustrating that we too ended up picking a really dumb argument that resulted in childish behavior on both sides). Either consent to a new debate on the original topic/resolution, or simply concede that you lost, MW.

Dani, I admire your skills at debate. I can't really disagree with very much at all of what you said in the original debate. The only critique I can offer is more up-to-date resources that you can find mainly at GLSEN's website (they provide a ton of outside .edu studies links) or GLAAD's, and, surprisingly, even NOM, even though NOM attempts to shred the credibility of anything found to be LGBT positive, study wise. Please, next time, keep your integrity intact and don't resort to bickering over the nonsense from a sore loser.
You sir, are an utter DERP.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 5:18:30 PM
At 12/15/2012 5:17:44 PM, drafterman wrote:
Not as much of a waste as the threads about that debate.

Dangit! You got here before I could make the KFC post.
kfc
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 5:20:04 PM
At 12/15/2012 5:18:30 PM, Koopin wrote:

Dangit! You got here before I could make the KFC post.

Popeyes.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 5:21:27 PM
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 5:21:43 PM
At 12/15/2012 5:21:27 PM, 000ike wrote:
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
RudeReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 8:28:29 PM

Granted. LMAO.
You sir, are an utter DERP.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 10:26:38 PM
I'm in utter shock at the amount of attention this debate is receiving lol. Wow - my initial debate with Mouthwash spawned a whole other debate ABOUT the debate, not to mention hundreds of comments, tens of thousands of views, and at least 4 separate threads LOL. I'm kind of flattered but I can assure you that all of this attention is unnecessary. Let me spoil the plot for you: It's a classic case of a child being a sore loser, and the should-know-better bigger person succumbing to an instinct of self-defense in the wake of incessant, unwarranted personal attacks. Indeed, this debate was a waste of my time, but that's my problem. The rest of you don't need to be get upset about it, I promise. It's not that serious :)
President of DDO