Jump to topic:

I saw the incentives for voting...

Cometflash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 4:07:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
How about incentives for creating debates?

There is very little debates to be selected to debate. A lot of times those little debates that exists are only debates that have being there for so long, and no one wants to take it.

If it is possible, it be nice if a person who have a lot of imagination could create a bunch of debates, but not sit as PRO or CON, and just leave for the taken. This could be a privilege gained by members who shows they are good at creating good debate topics.

Sometimes I want to debate, can't think of anything concrete to create a debate, and feel disappointed because there is about a hand full or less of debates available to be taken.

Another idea. Set timer for debate to be accepted, after timer goes out anyone can accept. While timer is running, you can put yourself in the list of acceptions. Whoever created the debate can remove/reject acceptions, the person who accept may also remove themselv while timer is on. In the end, if there is anyone in the list, the one who first click accept and still in the list takes the debate, if there is no one, then whoever show up first take the debate, like always.

This would incentive users to be on the debate main page, and maybe even incentive voting as they wait to see the timer running out. At the same time, there should be more debates for the taken.

___
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 4:10:04 PM
Starting debates isnt an issue on DDO, hell it used to be that if there were 3 open debates, it would be a miracle of God. Now anytime you go into the challenge section you see anywhere from 5 to 10 debates just waiting to be taken.

You have it pretty easy
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
RationalMadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 4:11:40 PM
I don't think offering a prostitute per open debate is a good idea... But then again... if I came up with it it must be :/
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 4:11:47 PM
If people want to debate, they can start the debate themselves. If not, then they just don't want to debate.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Cometflash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 4:28:03 PM
At 12/16/2012 4:10:04 PM, imabench wrote:
Starting debates isnt an issue on DDO, hell it used to be that if there were 3 open debates, it would be a miracle of God.
That could rush people from taking the debates, making the debates less productive. I have done that, and so have someone done to a debate I created.
Now anytime you go into the challenge section you see anywhere from 5 to 10 debates just waiting to be taken.

You have it pretty easy
And those are usually debates that no one wants to take it, so is like having no debates at all.

___
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 4:33:18 PM
The last option makes noon snipping very easy. It would be annoying if I kept trying to accept debates but people were rejecting me simply because they'd rather debate a noob.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Cometflash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 6:32:56 PM
At 12/16/2012 4:33:18 PM, phantom wrote:
The last option makes noon snipping very easy. It would be annoying if I kept trying to accept debates but people were rejecting me simply because they'd rather debate a noob.

I was simply proposing ideas, and created the thread with hope of any other ideas to be shared.

A system put in place can only do so much. The problem is usually with the people, not the system.

__