Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Anyone interested in this debating topic?

famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 9:32:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Topic:

Should the US prioritize tax cuts over spending cuts?

You will be arguing against that topic.

If so, please contact richarddong. Profile is here:

http://www.debate.org...

^ He's been sort of pestering me with this debating topic and calling me a "cow" and a "loser" because I don't accept his challenge on that topic. E.g.

The reason why I don't accept this debate is not because I don't have the time but because I am only 15 years old, have no idea what the topic even means and don't even have the slightest interest in finding out.
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 9:40:39 PM
At 12/21/2012 9:32:32 PM, famer wrote:
Topic:

Should the US prioritize tax cuts over spending cuts?

You will be arguing against that topic.

If so, please contact richarddong. Profile is here:

^ He's been sort of pestering me with this debating topic and calling me a "cow" and a "loser" because I don't accept his challenge on that topic. E.g.

The reason why I don't accept this debate is not because I don't have the time but because I am only 15 years old, have no idea what the topic even means and don't even have the slightest interest in finding out.

The topic is essentially saying:

We have no money. How will we solve this? Get more money, or spend less money?
richarddong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 11:16:34 PM
FAMER: I am in 7th grade and i know what this topic is. LOL. :D
Many and yeah.

KK SEE YOU LATER ALLIGATOR <3
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 3:05:26 AM
I considered accepting until you said the debate would be with some other guy instead of you.

That other guy hasn't debated yet, so taking him up on this debate is elo-suicide.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 4:37:44 AM
At 12/22/2012 3:06:48 AM, larztheloser wrote:
... and that's one of the problems with the ELO system.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 5:02:43 AM
At 12/22/2012 3:05:26 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I considered accepting until you said the debate would be with some other guy instead of you.

That other guy hasn't debated yet, so taking him up on this debate is elo-suicide.

Just out of pure curiosity, why would you be interested in debating this topic against me? My ELO is pretty damn low, so that might be some ELO suicide.
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
RationalMadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 6:29:19 AM

I sacrificed my elo for the sake of true debating.
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 10:33:27 AM

debating noobs doesnt lower your elo rating, it just doesnt do a thing to lift it at all
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 10:33:47 AM
At 12/22/2012 6:29:19 AM, RationalMadman wrote:

I sacrificed my elo for the sake of true debating.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, good one.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 12:07:09 PM
At 12/22/2012 10:33:27 AM, imabench wrote:

debating noobs doesnt lower your elo rating, it just doesnt do a thing to lift it at all

It actually does, and I don't think it's uncommon. It was confirmed in the elo thread.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
richarddong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 3:24:07 PM
How do you guys know i'm not a noob anyways you can't judge a person until you have walked on their mocciacans.
This basically means you can't say that a guy is a noob if they made an account yesterady and has been debating like a pro for years.

famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 6:33:51 PM
At 12/22/2012 3:24:07 PM, richarddong wrote:
How do you guys know i'm not a noob anyways you can't judge a person until you have walked on their mocciacans.
This basically means you can't say that a guy is a noob if they made an account yesterady and has been debating like a pro for years.

The debates on this site are very different to those in real life (the speech ones for all I know). And most new people on this site can barely hold any substance with their first debate.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 6:35:51 PM
I know that b true
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
richarddong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 9:08:30 PM
Actually i've been reading a few debates and i understand the concept and i know what to do.

At 12/22/2012 6:33:51 PM, famer wrote:

The debates on this site are very different to those in real life (the speech ones for all I know). And most new people on this site can barely hold any substance with their first debate.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 9:19:48 PM
At 12/22/2012 12:07:09 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 12/22/2012 10:33:27 AM, imabench wrote:

It actually does, and I don't think it's uncommon. It was confirmed in the elo thread.

Yes, but only if your ELO score is 6 times that of your opponent and you are the contender. If you are the instigator, you cannot lose ELO points.

It should also be noted that only 4 people on DDO (and only 2 of them are active) are of the level that there are potential debates that can harm their ELO should they win, and for them it is only if they face someone that is already 0 - 10 or something of the like.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Muted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 10:33:25 PM
At 12/22/2012 6:33:51 PM, famer wrote:

Wait a minute. This does not hold true for me. Oh well...
Exterminate!!!!!!-Dalek.

The ability to speak does not make you a competent debater.

One does not simply do the rain dance.