Hey DDO

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 5:22:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hey DDO,

It's been an interesting first week of my second term. Because of the events this past week, I have been very busy working with Juggle to resolve these issues and haven't been able to speak much to the community; even while members thought I was responsible for the problems. While my reputation on the site as president and moderator is naturally important to me, it seemed trivial while we tried to fix the issues, and I knew members would eventually know I had nothing to do with it anyway.

I'd like to say that I understand the reactions of those members who accused me of wrongdoing in forum threads and in PMs. The evidence against me looked irrefutable and I don't have any negative feelings towards those who expressed disgust with me and what they thought were my actions.

This was a hit job on me, and my character. I am not deterred, nor am I any less enthusiastic about volunteering my time and efforts to seeing this site succeed and become an even greater DDO for everyone. I will continue to be committed to working hard to see that everything that members want from this site continues to come to fruition.

Much of these problems have been resolved now and we should be able to prevent this type of thing from happening in the future.

I'd like to thank Nate and Mike for their continuing hard work and dedication to the quality of the site. I'll continue to work with them regularly so that we can anticipate any future problems and fix them before they happen. I cannot overstate my gratitude for the work that Nate and Mike have done this week, working late into the night so we could get these issues fixed.

I'd like to thank everyone who voted in the DDO election. I'd like to thank my supporters for their votes and their help on my reelection. To those members who voted against me, thank you for your continuing contributions to the site and for taking an interest in member-run site governance. I do not think any less of you, or hold any resentment to you for not supporting me, and I hope that you will still be willing to work with me to help the site in any way that you would like to see it improve.

To my opponents, thank you for your efforts. Your dedication and contributions to the site continues to improve it and I look forward to working closely with each of you. All it takes is for members to have a desire to see the site affected in some way, and we can accomplish this if we work together.

I'm very excited that ELO rankings were released this week. Thank you Juggle and Ore_ele for your work on this project. It's been something that members have been asking to happen for a long time now and I'm happy that we were able to make it happen.

In the near future I'll be posting threads for feedback on ideas and plans on how to improve the site. For now though, I'd just like say that this site means a lot to me and I am looking forward to seeing what we can achieve together over the next six months. If you would like to help in any way, please contact me and let me know. There are so many ways you can contribute, and I would like to see that everyone who wants to help us directly is able to in some way.

Thank you Juggle; Nate, Mike and Alex, for your continuing hard work and dedication to seeing the site improve and become even better.

Finally, I'd like to thank every single member who makes this site what it is by contributing to debates, to the forums, or to anything else this site has to offer.

Without you, there is no DDO.

Thank you.

- Airmax1227
Debate.org Moderator
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 5:27:37 PM
At 12/22/2012 5:22:10 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Hey DDO,

It's been an interesting first week of my second term. Because of the events this past week, I have been very busy working with Juggle to resolve these issues and haven't been able to speak much to the community; even while members thought I was responsible for the problems. While my reputation on the site as president and moderator is naturally important to me, it seemed trivial while we tried to fix the issues, and I knew members would eventually know I had nothing to do with it anyway.

I'd like to say that I understand the reactions of those members who accused me of wrongdoing in forum threads and in PMs. The evidence against me looked irrefutable and I don't have any negative feelings towards those who expressed disgust with me and what they thought were my actions.

This was a hit job on me, and my character. I am not deterred, nor am I any less enthusiastic about volunteering my time and efforts to seeing this site succeed and become an even greater DDO for everyone. I will continue to be committed to working hard to see that everything that members want from this site continues to come to fruition.

Much of these problems have been resolved now and we should be able to prevent this type of thing from happening in the future.

I'd like to thank Nate and Mike for their continuing hard work and dedication to the quality of the site. I'll continue to work with them regularly so that we can anticipate any future problems and fix them before they happen. I cannot overstate my gratitude for the work that Nate and Mike have done this week, working late into the night so we could get these issues fixed.

I'd like to thank everyone who voted in the DDO election. I'd like to thank my supporters for their votes and their help on my reelection. To those members who voted against me, thank you for your continuing contributions to the site and for taking an interest in member-run site governance. I do not think any less of you, or hold any resentment to you for not supporting me, and I hope that you will still be willing to work with me to help the site in any way that you would like to see it improve.

To my opponents, thank you for your efforts. Your dedication and contributions to the site continues to improve it and I look forward to working closely with each of you. All it takes is for members to have a desire to see the site affected in some way, and we can accomplish this if we work together.

I'm very excited that ELO rankings were released this week. Thank you Juggle and Ore_ele for your work on this project. It's been something that members have been asking to happen for a long time now and I'm happy that we were able to make it happen.

In the near future I'll be posting threads for feedback on ideas and plans on how to improve the site. For now though, I'd just like say that this site means a lot to me and I am looking forward to seeing what we can achieve together over the next six months. If you would like to help in any way, please contact me and let me know. There are so many ways you can contribute, and I would like to see that everyone who wants to help us directly is able to in some way.

Thank you Juggle; Nate, Mike and Alex, for your continuing hard work and dedication to seeing the site improve and become even better.

Finally, I'd like to thank every single member who makes this site what it is by contributing to debates, to the forums, or to anything else this site has to offer.

Without you, there is no DDO.

Thank you.

- Airmax1227

This is why I'm proud to have you as DDO's President and to have voted for you as President of DDO.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 5:27:55 PM
Beautiful.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 5:36:42 PM
I still don't understand. What ell points are and how they're callculated
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 5:39:38 PM
At 12/22/2012 5:36:42 PM, lannan13 wrote:

1) Elo points

2) It is a system that more accurately shows who the top/worst debaters on the site are based on more then just how many debates theyve won.

3) the are calculated by taking into account whether you debate other good debaters or just noob snipe all the time, whether you actually win your debates or whether the other person just forfeits, and stuff like that.

Meaning that if you noobsnipe all the time and win because the noob forfeits, then your Elo ranking will be low, but if you debate actual good debaters and legit win debates that arent forfeited, then your ELO ranking will be much higher.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 5:39:58 PM

I'll have someone post a detailed thread on ELO and how it works in the near future.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 5:40:44 PM
At 12/22/2012 5:39:38 PM, imabench wrote:

1) Elo points

2) It is a system that more accurately shows who the top/worst debaters on the site are based on more then just how many debates theyve won.

3) the are calculated by taking into account whether you debate other good debaters or just noob snipe all the time, whether you actually win your debates or whether the other person just forfeits, and stuff like that.

Meaning that if you noobsnipe all the time and win because the noob forfeits, then your Elo ranking will be low, but if you debate actual good debaters and legit win debates that arent forfeited, then your ELO ranking will be much higher.

thanks
Debate.org Moderator
RationalMadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 5:50:14 PM

1) Elo points

Prejudice against noob snipers :(
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 7:04:09 PM
At 12/22/2012 5:50:14 PM, RationalMadman wrote:

1) Elo points

That ducks cause that's been what I've been doin' to get my win ratio hove 50%.

Prejudice against noob snipers :(
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 11:03:21 PM
haha For how sensible you are, I'm still a bit shocked people thought it was you orchestrating all that as a prank.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 11:05:15 PM
At 12/22/2012 11:03:21 PM, Oryus wrote:
haha For how sensible you are, I'm still a bit shocked people thought it was you orchestrating all that as a prank.

Well, the Mod saying that he did it was a bit shocking :P
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 11:24:38 PM
At 12/22/2012 11:05:15 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Still! It's airmax...
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2012 11:26:00 PM
At 12/22/2012 11:24:38 PM, Oryus wrote:

At 12/22/2012 11:05:15 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Still! It's airmax...

Yeah, I really doubted it. It was still a possibility though.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 12:46:37 PM

I think this quote sums it up perfectly.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 11:13:53 PM
At 12/22/2012 5:22:10 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Hey DDO,

I didn't really believe that you had done it.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)