Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Merry Christmas from Scotland!!

AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 4:19:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
So does England.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 4:30:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 4:19:23 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
So does England.

You guys still mad about 1812?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 4:35:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 4:32:55 AM, Center_for_Rationality wrote:
I may be wrong but I believe we won the war of 1812....

America can't lose wars.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Center_for_Rationality
Posts: 48
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 4:38:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 4:35:44 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/25/2012 4:32:55 AM, Center_for_Rationality wrote:
I may be wrong but I believe we won the war of 1812....

America can't lose wars.

Though I do not agree with reasons of it, America lost Vietnam :)

Scottish people don't lose wars, we self sabatoge.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 4:38:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 4:32:55 AM, Center_for_Rationality wrote:
I may be wrong but I believe we won the war of 1812....

Technically it was a draw.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 4:41:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 4:38:05 AM, Center_for_Rationality wrote:
At 12/25/2012 4:35:44 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/25/2012 4:32:55 AM, Center_for_Rationality wrote:
I may be wrong but I believe we won the war of 1812....

America can't lose wars.

Though I do not agree with reasons of it, America lost Vietnam :)

Scottish people don't lose wars, we self sabatoge.

We won Vietnam. We just wanted to be nice so we made it look like we lost.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Center_for_Rationality
Posts: 48
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 4:42:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 4:38:36 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 12/25/2012 4:32:55 AM, Center_for_Rationality wrote:
I may be wrong but I believe we won the war of 1812....

Technically it was a draw.

I'll accept that :) though I think that the British stopped the repeated invasions of Canada along with the ultimate defeat of the France Dictator, Napoleon at the cost of a great many American lives even though we did not reclaim any territory in the Americas.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 4:44:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Vietnam is so weird when you look back on it. I mean, casualties wise, we dominated the enemy, but we failed to win the people.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Center_for_Rationality
Posts: 48
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 4:52:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 4:44:14 AM, OberHerr wrote:
Vietnam is so weird when you look back on it. I mean, casualties wise, we dominated the enemy, but we failed to win the people.

I agree. Here was the problem from a military and social perspective:

America's puppet leader, I forget his name at the moment, was not a man of the people he was Catholic rich man who may as well have been white. He also seemed to be the most corrupt leader we could have put in place.

The Vietcong did not care about numbers. In fact they didn't care vietnam, it was about defeating a ideology for them, so gorilla and tactics which lead to death either way were of no value to them. America on the other hand used small unit tactics on a gorilla army, which is bad tactics for any army. Honestly, traditional warfare would be a better way of accomplishing defeating gorilla armies.

The Media played a pivotal role in the defeat of America at Vietnam. America was weakened at the latter part of the war when we seemed to be winning. The Media never actually got into Vietnam at the worst time, if they had they would have gone insane.

*disclaimer off the top of my head
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 7:35:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 6:48:17 AM, Kinesis wrote:
DDO: merry christmas message almost immediately turns into a debate over american intervention in vietnam. -_-

I was thinking the exact same thing. DDO is a curse :O
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
RationalMadman
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 7:40:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 4:06:03 AM, Center_for_Rationality wrote:
Scotland wishes the States a very Merry Christmas!!

Lol.
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 8:07:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 4:44:14 AM, OberHerr wrote:
Vietnam is so weird when you look back on it. I mean, casualties wise, we dominated the enemy, but we failed to win the people.

Look at it this way. Today many there are still in poverty. They failed to win because the communist system fails pretty much every time, and they have suffered as a consequence.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
RationalMadman
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 8:19:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 8:07:57 AM, Contra wrote:
At 12/25/2012 4:44:14 AM, OberHerr wrote:
Vietnam is so weird when you look back on it. I mean, casualties wise, we dominated the enemy, but we failed to win the people.

Look at it this way. Today many there are still in poverty. They failed to win because the communist system fails pretty much every time, and they have suffered as a consequence.

socialism is successful when the government is not corrupt.
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 8:26:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 8:19:48 AM, RationalMadman wrote:
At 12/25/2012 8:07:57 AM, Contra wrote:
At 12/25/2012 4:44:14 AM, OberHerr wrote:
Vietnam is so weird when you look back on it. I mean, casualties wise, we dominated the enemy, but we failed to win the people.

Look at it this way. Today many there are still in poverty. They failed to win because the communist system fails pretty much every time, and they have suffered as a consequence.

socialism is successful when the government is not corrupt.

So Socialism is never successful.
kfc
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 8:47:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 8:26:27 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 12/25/2012 8:19:48 AM, RationalMadman wrote:
At 12/25/2012 8:07:57 AM, Contra wrote:
At 12/25/2012 4:44:14 AM, OberHerr wrote:
Vietnam is so weird when you look back on it. I mean, casualties wise, we dominated the enemy, but we failed to win the people.

Look at it this way. Today many there are still in poverty. They failed to win because the communist system fails pretty much every time, and they have suffered as a consequence.

socialism is successful when the government is not corrupt.

So Socialism is never successful.

Except when the government isn't corrupt.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 8:57:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 8:47:16 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/25/2012 8:26:27 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 12/25/2012 8:19:48 AM, RationalMadman wrote:
At 12/25/2012 8:07:57 AM, Contra wrote:
At 12/25/2012 4:44:14 AM, OberHerr wrote:
Vietnam is so weird when you look back on it. I mean, casualties wise, we dominated the enemy, but we failed to win the people.

Look at it this way. Today many there are still in poverty. They failed to win because the communist system fails pretty much every time, and they have suffered as a consequence.

socialism is successful when the government is not corrupt.

So Socialism is never successful.

Except when the government isn't corrupt.

So Socialism is never successful.
kfc
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 9:00:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 4:30:46 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/25/2012 4:19:23 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
So does England.

You guys still mad about 1812?

That was a stalemate, neither side got tgeir objectives. We failed to take canada, and they failed to obtain our southern territories and, well, all of us :P
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 5:50:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 8:57:18 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 12/25/2012 8:47:16 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/25/2012 8:26:27 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 12/25/2012 8:19:48 AM, RationalMadman wrote:
At 12/25/2012 8:07:57 AM, Contra wrote:
At 12/25/2012 4:44:14 AM, OberHerr wrote:
Vietnam is so weird when you look back on it. I mean, casualties wise, we dominated the enemy, but we failed to win the people.

Look at it this way. Today many there are still in poverty. They failed to win because the communist system fails pretty much every time, and they have suffered as a consequence.

socialism is successful when the government is not corrupt.

So Socialism is never successful.

Except when the government isn't corrupt.

So Socialism is never successful.

Except when the government isn't corrupt.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Nidhogg
Posts: 503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 3:31:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 4:06:03 AM, Center_for_Rationality wrote:
Scotland wishes the States a very Merry Christmas!!

I approve this message
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
Nidhogg
Posts: 503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 3:32:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 4:38:36 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 12/25/2012 4:32:55 AM, Center_for_Rationality wrote:
I may be wrong but I believe we won the war of 1812....

Technically it was a draw.

The Brits burned DC. How is that a Draw?
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 4:09:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/26/2012 3:32:27 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
At 12/25/2012 4:38:36 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 12/25/2012 4:32:55 AM, Center_for_Rationality wrote:
I may be wrong but I believe we won the war of 1812....

Technically it was a draw.

The Brits burned DC. How is that a Draw?

They didn't win the war......Derp.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 10:30:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/27/2012 3:45:52 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
Wait... people actually live in Scotland?

Yes, I believe it is a suburb of London. Kind of like Connecticut is a suburb of New York.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 10:40:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/27/2012 10:30:43 AM, innomen wrote:
At 12/27/2012 3:45:52 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
Wait... people actually live in Scotland?

Yes, I believe it is a suburb of London. Kind of like Connecticut is a suburb of New York.

Lmao :P