Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Impossible to accept debates

DoctorDeku
Posts: 162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 6:39:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm getting a little bit sick of them. Why would someone put a debate out as an open challenge and not let anyone aside from one they specifically choose accept it?
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 6:46:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 6:39:00 PM, DoctorDeku wrote:
I'm getting a little bit sick of them. Why would someone put a debate out as an open challenge and not let anyone aside from one they specifically choose accept it?

Because this site is crawling with dumba**es and retards who will completely mess up a debate someone has worked hard on to make.

Example: http://www.debate.org...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
famer
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 6:59:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 6:46:56 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/25/2012 6:39:00 PM, DoctorDeku wrote:
I'm getting a little bit sick of them. Why would someone put a debate out as an open challenge and not let anyone aside from one they specifically choose accept it?

Because this site is crawling with dumba**es and retards who will completely mess up a debate someone has worked hard on to make.

Example: http://www.debate.org...

You've got to be joking. I've just started a debate against him.

And the only reason I can see with making debates impossible is to know your opponent beforehand before you get a noob or be paired up against someone who you stand no chance against.
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
RationalMadman
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 7:05:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
THe reasoning is to show off their narcissistic personality disorder in a manner that displays their urge to feel superior to others and far too important to EVER, god forbid, debate with a low-life like myself for fear of a little FUN in the debate oooh hooo boo hoo f*ck you poo poo...
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
famer
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 7:07:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 7:05:12 PM, RationalMadman wrote:
THe reasoning is to show off their narcissistic personality disorder in a manner that displays their urge to feel superior to others and far too important to EVER, god forbid, debate with a low-life like myself for fear of a little FUN in the debate oooh hooo boo hoo f*ck you poo poo...

well i'm hoping that you will take our debate somewhat seriously...
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
RationalMadman
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 7:10:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 7:07:18 PM, famer wrote:
At 12/25/2012 7:05:12 PM, RationalMadman wrote:
THe reasoning is to show off their narcissistic personality disorder in a manner that displays their urge to feel superior to others and far too important to EVER, god forbid, debate with a low-life like myself for fear of a little FUN in the debate oooh hooo boo hoo f*ck you poo poo...

well i'm hoping that you will take our debate somewhat seriously...

I will tear you apart.

Efficiency>Motivation
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2012 7:11:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/25/2012 6:39:00 PM, DoctorDeku wrote:
I'm getting a little bit sick of them. Why would someone put a debate out as an open challenge and not let anyone aside from one they specifically choose accept it?

There seems to have been an increase in accepting serious debate by people, and then those people trolling the debate.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
DoctorDeku
Posts: 162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 2:43:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Whatever the reason it, it's annoying. If people wanted to preempt certain individuals from accepting, then DDO should add a function that allows instigators to keep specific individuals from accepting a debate.
Stupidwalrus
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2012 3:36:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/26/2012 2:43:14 PM, DoctorDeku wrote:
Whatever the reason it, it's annoying. If people wanted to preempt certain individuals from accepting, then DDO should add a function that allows instigators to keep specific individuals from accepting a debate.

Too many people need to be excluded to just list out "specific individuals."

There already is a function to exclude people based on wins, but some good people have very few wins, and some bad people have a lot of wins... its easier to just have people post in the comments if they want to accept it, then choose one that you know will do well.