Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

double email

philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2012 11:49:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Every time somebody posts a comment on one of my debate, or anything at all happens for which I get an email, I never get just one email. I always get two. Is it just me? What's the point of getting two emails for each notification?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2012 11:52:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I put ddo in spam a long time ago but I think it's because you probably commented on the debate which would automatically add it to your favorites. So you're getting a notification because it's in your favorites and another notification because it's your debate.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2012 12:07:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The issue isn't that I get email notifications. There are settings for that. The issue is that I get two emails per notification. I don't need to be notified twice for the same thing.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2012 12:16:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/29/2012 12:07:49 PM, philochristos wrote:
The issue isn't that I get email notifications. There are settings for that. The issue is that I get two emails per notification. I don't need to be notified twice for the same thing.

I know but does one notification say "favorite debate - new comment" and another say "new comment posted on your debate"?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2012 12:17:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/29/2012 11:49:58 AM, philochristos wrote:
Every time somebody posts a comment on one of my debate, or anything at all happens for which I get an email, I never get just one email. I always get two. Is it just me? What's the point of getting two emails for each notification?

Oh never mind. Didn't see that part.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
philochristos
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2012 12:23:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Oh, I see your point. I get email notifications on my own debates for two reasons, so I get two emails.

Yeah, i also get two email notifications for when it's my turn to post on my debate. One will say "new argument" and the other will say "It's your turn to debate." That seems redundant.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2012 1:15:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/29/2012 11:52:36 AM, phantom wrote:
I put ddo in spam a long time ago but I think it's because you probably commented on the debate which would automatically add it to your favorites. So you're getting a notification because it's in your favorites and another notification because it's your debate.

I just keep it in a separate folder.

@OP
Try disabling and enabling notifications a few times and see if it works.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2012 1:18:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I've forwarded this thread to Juggle. Hopefully they can get this resolved.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2012 1:27:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/29/2012 1:15:02 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 12/29/2012 11:52:36 AM, phantom wrote:
I put ddo in spam a long time ago but I think it's because you probably commented on the debate which would automatically add it to your favorites. So you're getting a notification because it's in your favorites and another notification because it's your debate.

I just keep it in a separate folder.

Do you use Gmail? If so how do you make it automatically do it? I haven't figured it out.

@OP
Try disabling and enabling notifications a few times and see if it works.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)