Jump to topic:

RationalMadman

famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:14:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Approximately 9 minutes after I posted my argument in my debate against RationalMadman, I receive a message from him with the following two words:

"inferior bitch"

Does he have this kind of attitude to everyone on DDO? For those who are even slightly interested in the debate, here's the link:

http://debate.org...

I'm not exactly offended by this message of his, but more confused. Opinions from anyone other than RM?
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:18:24 PM
RM has been waging jihad on his own win ratio for a while now. He probably thinks he has a shot at winning in your debate and so he's looking for a way to screw that up.

I don't know, he's mad. Nothing he does makes sense.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:22:11 PM
At 12/30/2012 8:14:33 PM, famer wrote:
Approximately 9 minutes after I posted my argument in my debate against RationalMadman, I receive a message from him with the following two words:

"inferior bitch"

Does he have this kind of attitude to everyone on DDO? For those who are even slightly interested in the debate, here's the link:

I'm not exactly offended by this message of his, but more confused. Opinions from anyone other than RM?

RM is a troll. Here are the 5 things to do when confronted by a troll.

1) Don't look at it
2) Don't touch it
3) Don't talk to it
4) Don't debate it (meaning put some restrictions on your debates if you want a serious debate)
5) DO NOT EVER REPLY TO IT, your just feeding the fire. A forum post like this is exactly what he wants you to do, he enjoys the spotlight, even if it's for the wrong reasons.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:25:58 PM
At 12/30/2012 8:22:11 PM, Chicken wrote:

"inferior bitch"

1) Don't look at it
2) Don't touch it
3) Don't talk to it
4) Don't debate it (meaning put some restrictions on your debates if you want a serious debate)
5) DO NOT EVER REPLY TO IT, your just feeding the fire. A forum post like this is exactly what he wants you to do, he enjoys the spotlight, even if it's for the wrong reasons.

He specifically asked me to remove the restrictions on the debate and to issue the challenge to him.
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:26:52 PM
At 12/30/2012 8:25:58 PM, famer wrote:
At 12/30/2012 8:22:11 PM, Chicken wrote:

"inferior bitch"

1) Don't look at it
2) Don't touch it
3) Don't talk to it

He specifically asked me to remove the restrictions on the debate and to issue the challenge to him.

Fine... Change 4 to

4) Don't listen to it.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:46:03 PM
RationalMadman and TheFool are two members whose personalities confuse me (well, in regards to how they transgress the once "inviolate" rules of decency).
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:46:29 PM
At 12/30/2012 8:46:03 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
RationalMadman and TheFool are two members whose personalities confuse me (well, in regards to why they transgress the once "inviolate" rules of decency).

Fixed.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 8:50:43 PM
At 12/30/2012 8:46:29 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
RationalMadman and TheFool are two members whose personalities confuse me (well, in regards to why they transgress the once "inviolate" rules of decency).

Fixed.

I'm sure they've waged many wars, and lost just as many confrontations with members, though one can only learn to countenance their behavior through--as my dear friend, YYW would say, the virtue of "thick skin." :)

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 9:00:38 PM
At 12/30/2012 8:57:32 PM, RationalMadman wrote:
The only good thing about you is you are deist.

It's one thing to be a troll, but PM'ing 15 year old girls so you can call them an "inferior bitch" is straight up harassment.

She could probably get you banned for this.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 9:01:47 PM

There, there, no need to be so harsh, my good fellow...

DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 9:07:51 PM

"inferior bitch"

Yes he is like that to everyone. Look at his pastdebates amd comments.
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 9:08:56 PM
At 12/30/2012 9:00:38 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

It's one thing to be a troll, but PM'ing 15 year old girls so you can call them an "inferior bitch" is straight up harassment.

Just so you know, I'm not that offended by this (at least for now...)

Rather, I find it rather amusing that he has to be so irritated just from a debate.
famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 9:09:40 PM

The only good thing I can find about you, for now, is that your immaturity is rather amusing to me.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 9:16:27 PM
At 12/30/2012 9:09:40 PM, famer wrote:

The only good thing I can find about you, for now, is that your immaturity is rather amusing to me.

YYW would be proud. :)

Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 9:41:43 PM
RationalMadman and TheFool are two members whose personalities confuse me (well, in regards to how they transgress the once "inviolate" rules of decency).

RationalMadman is just a troll. I kind of think TheFool might have a mental illness.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 10:04:43 PM

"inferior bitch"

The RatMan is the ONLY guy on my "blocked" list.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
DoctorDeku
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 10:59:04 PM

DoctorDeku
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 11:00:17 PM
At 12/30/2012 10:04:43 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

"inferior bitch"

Blocked List? how do I access this list?
famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2012 11:02:56 PM
At 12/30/2012 10:59:04 PM, DoctorDeku wrote:

Probs meant "HE" unless you're talking about banning me ==;
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2012 8:29:06 AM
At 12/30/2012 11:02:56 PM, famer wrote:

"She" as in "you". You could get him banned for this.

Well, not anymore because it looks like his account has been closed anyway.
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2012 12:59:27 PM
At 12/31/2012 8:29:06 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 12/30/2012 11:02:56 PM, famer wrote:

"She" as in "you". You could get him banned for this.

Well, not anymore because it looks like his account has been closed anyway.

Yeah. But of course, his mark will be forever felt on DDO as his parting message was "grow a pair" and he sent that to all his friends.

-_-
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2012 2:10:13 PM
This problem can easily be taken care of by PM'ing airmax, or pressing the "report" button.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2012 5:17:34 PM
At 12/30/2012 11:00:17 PM, DoctorDeku wrote:
At 12/30/2012 10:04:43 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

"inferior bitch"

Blocked List? how do I access this list?

Go to "dashboard" or "profile" or whatever, then click "settings". There should be a tab there for you to edit your blocked list.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2012 6:10:49 PM
At 12/30/2012 9:41:43 PM, Raisor wrote:

RationalMadman is just a troll. I kind of think TheFool might have a mental illness.

Eh, I'd be cautious if I were to speculate about the chance that a DDO member might be mentally ill, although I don't know how acquainted you are with him, or what has led you to such a guess/surmise.

But the Fool does have a very confusing personality, even if he can speak profoundly or make a good point every now and then.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2012 6:11:08 PM
At 12/31/2012 6:10:49 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 12/30/2012 9:41:43 PM, Raisor wrote:

Eh, I'd be cautious if I were to speculate about the chance that a DDO member might be mentally ill, although I don't know how well-acquainted you are with him, or what has led you to such a guess/surmise.

But the Fool does have a very confusing personality, even if he can speak profoundly or make a good point every now and then.

famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2012 6:24:44 PM
At 12/31/2012 2:17:19 PM, TUF wrote:
Problem solved.

http://www.debate.org...

I thought it was a temp-ban? I mean, he said he'd be back on Thursday?
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2012 7:24:02 PM
At 12/31/2012 6:24:44 PM, famer wrote:
Problem solved.

Yes, it is a temp-ban. Consider a temp-ban a harsh warning.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2012 7:27:07 PM
At 12/31/2012 6:24:44 PM, famer wrote:
Problem solved.

I believe. I suppose his case might be analogous to that of the Fool, who was also temporarily banned (multiple times?).

Whether the ban will prove effective in stifling his supposed harsh and outlandish behavior is a question left to the whims of the future to answer, my fried.