Jump to topic:

DDO members a-holes

tarkovsky
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 2:23:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Maybe it's just me, but I really stopped coming to this website because most of the veteran members who actually do anything at all are a bunch of unoriginal, self-important, dopey pedants. Really, I find very little honest discussion on this site.

Just callin it like I see it.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 2:25:59 AM
At 1/9/2013 2:23:47 AM, tarkovsky wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I really stopped coming to this website because most of the veteran members who actually do anything at all are a bunch of unoriginal, self-important, dopey pedants. Really, I find very little honest discussion on this site.

First question: Who the hell are you?

Second question: Didn't you already post this exact same thing?
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
tarkovsky
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 2:37:10 AM
At 1/9/2013 2:25:59 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Well you see that's sort of the point. I hadn't returned for some time because I got fed up having to sift through all the thankless, uninspired debates and discussions by people who seem to have never had an original thought. They could only allow themselves to submit to a public forum like this site something they read from a book, or some boring contentious idea they might have read about somewhere sometime. There's no honest-to-goodness meaningful discussion about thoughts, feelings and beliefs. It's just a bunch of bookish logorrhea from self-aggrandizing, unsympathetic, insecure numbskulls.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 2:44:37 AM
At 1/9/2013 2:37:10 AM, tarkovsky wrote:

Well you see that's sort of the point. I hadn't returned for some time because I got fed up having to sift through all the thankless, uninspired debates and discussions by people who seem to have never had an original thought. They could only allow themselves to submit to a public forum like this site something they read from a book, or some boring contentious idea they might have read about somewhere sometime. There's no honest-to-goodness meaningful discussion about thoughts, feelings and beliefs. It's just a bunch of bookish logorrhea from self-aggrandizing, unsympathetic, insecure numbskulls.

But what about question number two?

And also, you may be correct about many on the site. But I don't see those as characteristics unique to DDO.... ;)
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
tarkovsky
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 2:51:47 AM
At 1/9/2013 2:44:37 AM, Oryus wrote:

It's a sort of gift to this website: a genuine mistake. Yep, I made one folks. A one tit short of an udder foul up.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 3:08:57 AM
At 1/9/2013 2:37:10 AM, tarkovsky wrote:

That doesn't really answer either of my questions.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 3:27:44 AM
At 1/9/2013 2:51:47 AM, tarkovsky wrote:
At 1/9/2013 2:44:37 AM, Oryus wrote:

It's a sort of gift to this website: a genuine mistake. Yep, I made one folks. A one tit short of an udder foul up.

I see a lot of potential for farm-related puns here. But I'm not clever enough to make them.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 4:26:03 AM
- this guy is one egg short of a full basket
- This guys' chickens have "flown the coop"
- I dont mean to be "fowl" mannered, but this guy is more full if manure then a fertilizer bin
- How did the ferrier's wife know he'd been seeing a prostitute? She found a horseshoe.
- Grain farmers have a tough life. They barley survive from wheat to wheat.
- my favorite of beethovens symphonies(he wrote it when living on a farm): Oat to Joy

just to put out a few puns that came to mind right away

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HI-JACKED
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 4:39:24 AM
At 1/9/2013 4:26:03 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
- this guy is one egg short of a full basket
- This guys' chickens have "flown the coop"
- I dont mean to be "fowl" mannered, but this guy is more full if manure then a fertilizer bin
- How did the ferrier's wife know he'd been seeing a prostitute? She found a horseshoe.
- Grain farmers have a tough life. They barley survive from wheat to wheat.
- my favorite of beethovens symphonies(he wrote it when living on a farm): Oat to Joy

just to put out a few puns that came to mind right away

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN HI-JACKED

Plumber: How come that gate ain't locked?
Caz Dolowicz: Who's gonna steal a subway train?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 4:46:04 AM
At 1/9/2013 4:26:03 AM, Buddamoose wrote:

That's a good one.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 5:19:39 AM
I concede; as the most important and well-known member of the entire site, I can be a bit arrogant at times.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 5:41:26 AM

I know you didn't just call other people "unoriginal pedants" (what, "stupid idiots" or "sophomoric juveniles" were already taken?) when you posted this EXACT same thread, under another title elsewhere.

http://www.debate.org...

Physician, go f*ck thyself, or something like that.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 5:43:37 AM
Oh, sorry...just callin' em like I can demonstrably verify 'em.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 5:53:30 AM
I sure I act like a.....pedant you say? A dopey one?

Seriously, whats next, I'm a poopy dumbface?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 7:24:08 AM
This is not a forum for university professors who are publishing original research. Most people here are more intelligent than the average person, but we are all, for the most part, college students or high school students. I don't know what kind of community you were expecting when you joined the site.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 8:06:56 AM
At 1/9/2013 5:19:39 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
I concede; as the most important and well-known member of the entire site, I can be a bit arrogant at times.

XD
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 9:50:31 AM
At 1/9/2013 5:53:30 AM, OberHerr wrote:
I sure I act like a.....pedant you say? A dopey one?

Seriously, whats next, I'm a poopy dumbface?

You big stupid dumby-pants XD
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 9:51:03 AM
At 1/9/2013 9:32:58 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
https://static.prtst.net...

Lols
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 11:37:22 AM
At 1/9/2013 7:15:51 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Ok, and you posted this because . . .
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 11:47:33 AM
I think this is Rational Madman again.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 11:54:41 AM
Maybe it's just me...

Exactly.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 12:27:22 PM

You are kidding right?

This site has some highly intellectual members who scrutinize each others opinions openly and put themselves up for refutation.

What exactly is your problem and why do you seem so disgruntled?

I don't think it just you who feels that way, but I do think you are on the wrong side.
tarkovsky
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 3:29:54 PM
At 1/9/2013 7:24:08 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
This is not a forum for university professors who are publishing original research. Most people here are more intelligent than the average person, but we are all, for the most part, college students or high school students. I don't know what kind of community you were expecting when you joined the site.

Exactly the hoity-toity, up-their-own-azs-with-a-stepladder mentality I'm talking about.
No, you're not more intelligent than the average person and the sun doesn't shine out of your pie hole either.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 3:37:06 PM

Then why are you here now?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 3:47:09 PM
At 1/9/2013 7:24:08 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I really doubt that.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault