Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Disabled parking thoughts?

famer
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 5:48:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Not sure which category within the forums I should put this in, so just put it in within the DDO section.

What are your thoughts on disabled parking? Why does it exist anyway? Why is it that the disabled people have parking slots reserved for them, which are never ever filled up? (from my experience, I don't even see half of those parking slots filled up)

I don't understand why they have to have more or less their own "reservations" for parking slots if they are perfectly fine with driving a vehicle.
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 5:55:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"Miscellaneous
Talk about everything that doesn't fit into the other forums."

Also, disabled people usually can't walk far.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 7:25:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Not only what he said ^^^ but also not all of them are driving. Some of them use hand breaks and still need to maneuver their wheelchair out of the car, which is impossible in a small space. Notice how disabled bathroom stalls are bigger? If you're going to make them at all, they may as well be in the front so they're accessible. Otherwise it's like putting a ramp at the top of a few stairs.
yang.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 11:05:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
My grandma is in constant pain whenever she walks due to a degenerative issue with her knees and hips(she had to literally have them replaced), so being able to walk only a couple steps as opposed to say, ten, is, a huge help. It's like being asked whether or not you would walk on coals, slowly, for three steps or seven.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 11:10:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 11:05:29 AM, OberHerr wrote:
My grandma is in constant pain whenever she walks due to a degenerative issue with her knees and hips(she had to literally have them replaced), so being able to walk only a couple steps as opposed to say, ten, is, a huge help. It's like being asked whether or not you would walk on coals, slowly, for three steps or seven.

It still hurts either way, but seven would hurt alot more, so yeah. Good point Zaradi
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 11:13:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 11:10:55 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 1/12/2013 11:05:29 AM, OberHerr wrote:
My grandma is in constant pain whenever she walks due to a degenerative issue with her knees and hips(she had to literally have them replaced), so being able to walk only a couple steps as opposed to say, ten, is, a huge help. It's like being asked whether or not you would walk on coals, slowly, for three steps or seven.

It still hurts either way, but seven would hurt alot more, so yeah. Good point Zaradi

?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 11:17:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 11:13:00 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/12/2013 11:10:55 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 1/12/2013 11:05:29 AM, OberHerr wrote:
My grandma is in constant pain whenever she walks due to a degenerative issue with her knees and hips(she had to literally have them replaced), so being able to walk only a couple steps as opposed to say, ten, is, a huge help. It's like being asked whether or not you would walk on coals, slowly, for three steps or seven.

It still hurts either way, but seven would hurt alot more, so yeah. Good point Zaradi

?

Yeah i have no idea where that came from. I just woke up, bear with me oh gracious overlord oberherr
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 11:21:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Lols, "overlord oberherr" redundancy is redundant aint it?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 11:22:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 11:21:03 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Lols, "overlord oberherr" redundancy is redundant aint it?

I was just gonna pint that out. But seriously man, get some coffee.....confusing me and Zaradi....Pfft, indeed.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 11:57:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 11:22:12 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/12/2013 11:21:03 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Lols, "overlord oberherr" redundancy is redundant aint it?

I was just gonna pint that out. But seriously man, get some coffee.....confusing me and Zaradi....Pfft, indeed.

I dont drink coffee, but i did have a cup of tea and am much more so alert now. Thank you for the kind suggestion sor
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 3:39:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/12/2013 11:00:56 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Be courteous, give them their upfront space because they can't walk.

I mean really.

Oh come on, your defending these freeloading welfare whores now!!!

You know how annoying it is to drive all around for a parking spot when you know there's one nice, unoccuppied parking spot right in front of you. But no, you have to park all the way back.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...