Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

Karaoke Tournament

Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 2:35:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So yeah, i've been craving going to a karaoke bar to flext my chops, but seeing as there are none in the local area, i figured i'd see if anyone here is interested.

Im thinking a good number would be 8 people. I was also contemplating some basic rules for it, and i think i've come up with some good ones that keeps it not only fair but fun.

1) The round format will be:

First Round(Quarterfinals): 1 Round Debate Format
Second Round(SemiFinals): 3 Round debate format
Third Round(Finals: 5 Round Debate Format

2) As for how songs will be picked:

First Round: Free to choose whichever song one wants to perform
Second Round: At this point the choice of song will go by genre. In which the pro picks a genre of music for the first round. Con picks second, followed by a "judges" pick for the final round.
Third Round: Same format as the second, however the fourth and fifth rounds, each participant will be free to choose whichever song they wish to perform.

3) Any musical instruments are of course welcome to be used, but it goes without saying it shouldnt factor into voting decisions.

4) In the second and third rounds, each participant will be allowed to "veto" a certain genre and select a song from a genre they more prefer, but they will be allowed only one.

If there are any suggestions for any additional guidleines I'm very much open to discussion about it. So if your up for displaying your musical "chops" sign up! Remember the point of karaoke is to have fun, not be an amazing singer.

Participants

1) Buddamoose
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

Judges

1)
2)
3)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 4:27:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Haha no way dude... I wont even do karaoke in a hole in the wall bar, let alone the internet. I'll definitely be watching this though... Somebody call tulle!!!
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 7:32:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Byeeeeee byeeeeeee miss american pie drove my CHEVY to the LEVY but the levy was DRYYYYY

^how karaoke usually goes. However, a guy did an awesome Ice Ice Baby rap on a cruise once.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 8:32:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/13/2013 4:20:50 PM, TUF wrote:
What, like videos of us singing?

Essentially yes
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 8:33:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/13/2013 7:32:00 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Byeeeeee byeeeeeee miss american pie drove my CHEVY to the LEVY but the levy was DRYYYYY

^how karaoke usually goes. However, a guy did an awesome Ice Ice Baby rap on a cruise once.

I sually do three songs when i go to karaoke bars

1) Ol' Red- Blake Shelton
2) If You're gone- Matchbox Twenty
3) Unwell- Matchbox Twenty
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 8:35:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Although I think Ol' Red would likely be replaced by Diseased by Matchbox 20 presently. Haha take a guess on what band i've been addicted to lately
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 8:36:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/13/2013 4:27:19 PM, Oryus wrote:
Haha no way dude... I wont even do karaoke in a hole in the wall bar, let alone the internet. I'll definitely be watching this though... Somebody call tulle!!!

You should sign up Oryus, come on now, have some fun with it :)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 9:22:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/13/2013 8:32:39 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 1/13/2013 4:20:50 PM, TUF wrote:
What, like videos of us singing?

Essentially yes

Anyone who knows me, knows I am not camera shy, but I am definitely no singer. I would lose every round!

Anyways, karaoke is easier to do when your intoxicated, and partying. I am not so sure how it will work here lol
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 9:23:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/13/2013 8:36:24 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 1/13/2013 4:27:19 PM, Oryus wrote:
Haha no way dude... I wont even do karaoke in a hole in the wall bar, let alone the internet. I'll definitely be watching this though... Somebody call tulle!!!

You should sign up Oryus, come on now, have some fun with it :)

lol no. effin. way.

Rap on video- ok. I can swing it. Sing? HEEEELLLLL NAWWW!
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2013 9:24:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/13/2013 9:22:24 PM, TUF wrote:
At 1/13/2013 8:32:39 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 1/13/2013 4:20:50 PM, TUF wrote:
What, like videos of us singing?

Essentially yes

Anyone who knows me, knows I am not camera shy, but I am definitely no singer. I would lose every round!

Anyways, karaoke is easier to do when your intoxicated, and partying. I am not so sure how it will work here lol

By drinking before filming yourself? Sh!t thats what im gonna do if this ever gets enough ppl to sign up
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 11:26:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is it.... dead?

*pokes with stick*
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2013 11:27:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/18/2013 11:26:39 AM, Oryus wrote:
Is it.... dead?

*pokes with stick*

*unloads full AK-47 clip into*

Yup.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
cheesedingo1
Posts: 695
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2013 3:19:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/13/2013 2:35:41 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
So yeah, i've been craving going to a karaoke bar to flext my chops, but seeing as there are none in the local area, i figured i'd see if anyone here is interested.

Im thinking a good number would be 8 people. I was also contemplating some basic rules for it, and i think i've come up with some good ones that keeps it not only fair but fun.

1) The round format will be:

First Round(Quarterfinals): 1 Round Debate Format
Second Round(SemiFinals): 3 Round debate format
Third Round(Finals: 5 Round Debate Format

2) As for how songs will be picked:

First Round: Free to choose whichever song one wants to perform
Second Round: At this point the choice of song will go by genre. In which the pro picks a genre of music for the first round. Con picks second, followed by a "judges" pick for the final round.
Third Round: Same format as the second, however the fourth and fifth rounds, each participant will be free to choose whichever song they wish to perform.

3) Any musical instruments are of course welcome to be used, but it goes without saying it shouldnt factor into voting decisions.

4) In the second and third rounds, each participant will be allowed to "veto" a certain genre and select a song from a genre they more prefer, but they will be allowed only one.

If there are any suggestions for any additional guidleines I'm very much open to discussion about it. So if your up for displaying your musical "chops" sign up! Remember the point of karaoke is to have fun, not be an amazing singer.

Participants

1) Buddamoose
2)cheesedingo1
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

Judges

1)
2)
3)

Yall are pvssies! I'll fvck sh!t up! ...but I'm one of the worst singers ever...
My name is Cheesedingo1. I am a dingo. Made of cheese. My favorite number is one. BOOM.
TUF
Posts: 21,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 7:54:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 7:51:33 PM, tulle wrote:
I WANNA DO THIS!!! nac

Tulle will kick everyones @ss. lol

Also make sure to ask zaradi.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 8:41:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 7:51:33 PM, tulle wrote:
I WANNA DO THIS!!! nac

At 1/13/2013 4:27:19 PM, Oryus wrote:
... Somebody call tulle!!!

What'd I say?

And yeah, she will beat everyone. :P
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 9:22:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 8:41:33 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/22/2013 7:51:33 PM, tulle wrote:
I WANNA DO THIS!!! nac

At 1/13/2013 4:27:19 PM, Oryus wrote:
... Somebody call tulle!!!

What'd I say?

And yeah, she will beat everyone. :P

lmaoo I didn't even read any of the comments in this thread before I posted :p I won't if it's rap!
yang.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 9:28:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 9:22:13 PM, tulle wrote:
At 1/22/2013 8:41:33 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/22/2013 7:51:33 PM, tulle wrote:
I WANNA DO THIS!!! nac

At 1/13/2013 4:27:19 PM, Oryus wrote:
... Somebody call tulle!!!

What'd I say?

And yeah, she will beat everyone. :P

lmaoo I didn't even read any of the comments in this thread before I posted :p I won't if it's rap!

hahah!! Hey! This is your domain, lady. Own it.... if enough brave/stupid people join in, that is :P
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 9:28:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 9:20:55 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would, but my camera is busted, I have a cold, and I hate people.

Oh, come on. That'll just give you that sexy raspy voice that all the goyles love.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 10:47:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 9:28:38 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/22/2013 9:20:55 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would, but my camera is busted, I have a cold, and I hate people.

Oh, come on. That'll just give you that sexy raspy voice that all the goyles love.

By, "goyle," are you referring to a girl, or hideous man who is into magic?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 10:48:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 10:47:09 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 1/22/2013 9:28:38 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/22/2013 9:20:55 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would, but my camera is busted, I have a cold, and I hate people.

Oh, come on. That'll just give you that sexy raspy voice that all the goyles love.

By, "goyle," are you referring to a girl, or hideous man who is into magic?

Um... the one that you like.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 10:50:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 10:48:12 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/22/2013 10:47:09 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 1/22/2013 9:28:38 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/22/2013 9:20:55 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would, but my camera is busted, I have a cold, and I hate people.

Oh, come on. That'll just give you that sexy raspy voice that all the goyles love.

By, "goyle," are you referring to a girl, or hideous man who is into magic?

Um... the one that you like.

Well girls are a dime a dozen. I would prefer the affections of someone who can bend time and space with his mind.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 10:51:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 10:48:12 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/22/2013 10:47:09 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 1/22/2013 9:28:38 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/22/2013 9:20:55 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would, but my camera is busted, I have a cold, and I hate people.

Oh, come on. That'll just give you that sexy raspy voice that all the goyles love.

By, "goyle," are you referring to a girl, or hideous man who is into magic?

Um... the one that you like.

*runs up*

IT'S NOT THE ONE YOU LIKE!

*runs away, dodging Oryus's lasers*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 10:54:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 10:50:54 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 1/22/2013 10:48:12 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/22/2013 10:47:09 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 1/22/2013 9:28:38 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/22/2013 9:20:55 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would, but my camera is busted, I have a cold, and I hate people.

Oh, come on. That'll just give you that sexy raspy voice that all the goyles love.

By, "goyle," are you referring to a girl, or hideous man who is into magic?

Um... the one that you like.

Well girls are a dime a dozen. I would prefer the affections of someone who can bend time and space with his mind.

At 1/22/2013 10:51:17 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/22/2013 10:48:12 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/22/2013 10:47:09 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 1/22/2013 9:28:38 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/22/2013 9:20:55 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would, but my camera is busted, I have a cold, and I hate people.

Oh, come on. That'll just give you that sexy raspy voice that all the goyles love.

By, "goyle," are you referring to a girl, or hideous man who is into magic?

Um... the one that you like.

*runs up*

IT'S NOT THE ONE YOU LIKE!

*runs away, dodging Oryus's lasers*

hahaha!

I love you guys.

....you better run, Ober.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.