Jump to topic:

SUGGESTION: Ignore list

DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 8:33:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I have a suggestion to bring up. As well as having a blocked list, we should have an ignore list so that whenever the person on your ignore list posts on a forum or on a debate, it is automatically hidden. There will by a link that says, "This user is on your ignore list. Click here to show post."

This would really help with the obnoxious trolls like Charleslb, geo, and others that are just plain annoying.
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 8:35:15 AM
I would also like to suggest a reputation point system for votes and forum posts.
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 10:14:03 AM
Good idea I suppose.
Most people would turn it on, though, then back off, and then back on. People need to know what others are saying about them lol.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 10:44:11 AM
At 1/16/2013 10:14:03 AM, TUF wrote:
Good idea I suppose.
Most people would turn it on, though, then back off, and then back on. People need to know what others are saying about them lol.

Agreed
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 11:53:04 AM
I read the screen-name of the person making the post before I read the content. If I see Drafterman, Tulle, BlackVoid, Ore_Ele or a whole bunch of other people make a post "0 seconds ago" in any forum while I browse the forum, I quickly check up to read the post.

On the other hand, when I see interesting topics like "Sandy Hook was a conspiracy," I first check to see who has written them, and when I find Geo has written them, I ignore it and don't bother opening it.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 11:56:10 AM
At 1/16/2013 8:33:00 AM, DoubtingDave wrote:
I have a suggestion to bring up. As well as having a blocked list, we should have an ignore list so that whenever the person on your ignore list posts on a forum or on a debate, it is automatically hidden. There will by a link that says, "This user is on your ignore list. Click here to show post."

This would really help with the obnoxious trolls like Charleslb, geo, and others that are just plain annoying.

Does geo count as a troll just because people dis-agree with some of his wild theories?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 11:56:18 AM
At 1/16/2013 11:53:04 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I read the screen-name of the person making the post before I read the content. If I see Drafterman, Tulle, BlackVoid, Ore_Ele or a whole bunch of other people make a post "0 seconds ago" in any forum while I browse the forum, I quickly check up to read the post.

On the other hand, when I see interesting topics like "Sandy Hook was a conspiracy," I first check to see who has written them, and when I find Geo has written them, I ignore it and don't bother opening it.

lol, although that's generally good practice.

Sometimes its interesting to see a well-skilled debater debate someone that I would generally ignore though because it becomes a chew fest.
Open borders debate:
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 3:52:48 PM
agreed...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 4:06:57 PM
At 1/16/2013 11:56:10 AM, TUF wrote:
At 1/16/2013 8:33:00 AM, DoubtingDave wrote:

Does geo count as a troll just because people dis-agree with some of his wild theories?

Good lord no, Geo counts as a troll because he never debates anyone on anything he claims to believe in, he worships conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones and conspiracy websites like infowars like they are the only ones in the world, he blatantly assumes that the motives behind the government doing something he disagrees with to be the worst possible thing and then automatically assumes that all liberals and leftists support it.... He then makes insane conclusions based off his idiotic reasoning (he claimed gun control is racist towards black people) and will stretch reality to laughable degrees just to make sure he is right on every issue.

Geo counts as a troll because hes insane
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 4:25:18 PM
At 1/16/2013 11:53:04 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Lol, 90% of the time I can figure out if its a Geo post just by the thread title.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 4:29:04 PM
For instance, earlier I saw someone posted in "Bombshell: Sandy Hook now proven hoax". Thats obvious Geo work right there.