Jump to topic:

I Miss the Summer

PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2008 5:18:36 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
If this offends you, Phil, then sorry. Please don't ban me; just delete the thread. Thanks.

I began visiting debate.org frequently during the summer of '08, when v3 had yet to become a reality, and the site still operated under v2. We v2ers often complained to the webmaster, "When the heck is v3 going up?!", because months had traveled past the expected launch date. And we had every right to be angry: There was an innumerable amount of problems with v2, including an improper voting system, an absence of many vital features, and much more.

Then v3 went up, and Josh created his account.

I can not honestly say that I prefer the problems of v2 to what we currently have -- I would be lying if I said so -- but I have nonetheless grown far too frustrated in dealing with this site and its unwavering monotone.

Do no get my message confused. I am not yielding to Josh; rather, I am merely announcing a departure. Because I will abandon my account for the time being.

Before I go, though, I would like to make a suggestion. Josh has stated that he will disband the CWO if the cleaners disband first. One thing has become apparent to me: Josh only bombs those who are either in the cleaners or affiliate themselves with the cleaners. I therefore deduce that if the cleaners disband, vote bombing will stop.

And it isn't much of a sacrifice anyway. Instead of the cleaners, we could just continue to vote intelligently, and continue to post our rationals. We will promote good voting and good commenting, and we will promote all the great deeds we have done in the cleaners, but just individually. Obviously, Josh will not yield, so let us be better than him.

With my suggestion stated, I will conclude.

I place faith in Phil that he will soon complete his vote-bomb-removal program. I also place faith in the community, and will therefore also monitor these forums closely. When I determine that things have changed for the better, I will return. In the mean time, though, I say: au revoir.

Post note: I am part of a long list of names who have temporarily left this site due to frustration. This growing list includes gahbage, Robert_Santurri, theLwerd, and scissorhands7.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2008 5:40:53 PM
Fact: Each of the Cleaners works individually, and the group name really means nothing. It is just to show that they have dedicated themselves to something above typical debate.org activities. The average debate.org member votes based on their beliefs, without explaining their votes, and only rarely.

Fact: If the Cleaners disbanded, it would not change anything. The same group would still do the same thing.

Fact: The terrorist knows that the activities the Cleaners perform will not change if The Cleaners are disbanded, but seeks the disbanding of the Cleaners anyway.

This shows that he harbors negative feelings towards specific people who just HAPPEN to be Cleaners, and is redirecting his anger to the group as well. If this is the case, the vote bombing will never stop. Those who he sets out to go against, he will remain against. We can assume that he will go against Agnostic or Atheist Liberals, because we know that he has recruited "friends" in Conservative Christian forums, telling them to vote bomb against the "liberals".

This piece of evidence, by itself, shows that the terrorist is NOT crusading against semantics. The terrorist is NOT trying to help newbies. The terrorist is NOT fighting against a group it believes is harming debate.org

The terrorist is out to get a group which he believes to be immoral liberals that need to be taught a lesson.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Dnick94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2008 5:49:22 PM
At 11/8/2008 5:40:53 PM, Kleptin wrote:

Fact: Each of the Cleaners works individually, and the group name really means nothing. It is just to show that they have dedicated themselves to something above typical debate.org activities. The average debate.org member votes based on their beliefs, without explaining their votes, and only rarely.

Fact: If the Cleaners disbanded, it would not change anything. The same group would still do the same thing.

Fact: The terrorist knows that the activities the Cleaners perform will not change if The Cleaners are disbanded, but seeks the disbanding of the Cleaners anyway.

Fact: The terrorist want the Cleaners to stop voting with their logical reasoning placed as an explanation to why they voted.
"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them."
-Albert Einstein
Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2008 6:01:44 PM
I refuse. You're free to leave the group if you desire, but I'm remaining. The only way I'm leaving this site is if I get banned or all of my debates get removed.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2008 8:38:03 PM
Hitler will stop taking over Europe if we give him the land he desires.

Hitler will stop killing and torturing jews if they renounce their religion and flee the country.

Oh wait, that didn't work did it?

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
antisemantic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2008 9:00:30 PM
I am sorry to see you go Poe Joe. I hope you come back when this is over. I hope you know it is nothing personal. You were against the cleaners at first, what happened? It was the worst experience I have had on this site the day you joined the cleaners.

The CWO will completely disband when semantics stop against new users and the cleaners disband.

There is no use for the NEW CWO when all of that is gone.

You were never meant to be affected by this. I regretted when sweatingjoe joined, and robert, and others. But you and John would be the worst, and then you joined. I hope I check in on this site sometime in the future and see you posting about how the forums are cluttered and too many 1+ threads, I actually enjoyed all that.
Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
Dnick94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2008 9:24:46 AM
At 11/8/2008 9:00:30 PM, antisemantic wrote:
I am not sorry to see you go Poe Joe. I hope you come back when this is over. I hope you know it is very personal. You were against the cleaners at first, what happened? It was the worst experience I have had on this site the day you joined the cleaners.

The CWO will never disband when semantics stop against new users and the cleaners disband.

There is always a use for the NEW CWO when all of that is gone.

You were never meant to be affected by this. I regretted when sweatingjoe joined, and robert, and others. But you and John would be the worst, and then you joined. But you went against me and had to pay the price: vote bombing

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them."
-Albert Einstein