Jump to topic:

I think It's Time for Me to Say This

jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 2:04:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
You all probably know this, but I am full of crap. When I came to this website, man that was a long time ago now, I held and defended some odd views. I'm not going to say I think those views were totally wrong, but I will say that they were at least partially wrong and that I was wrong for putting so much energy into defending them.

I'm gonna guess that a good deal of people that are currently on DDO don't know who I am. For the ones who do know me, they probably only know the "troll" jimtimmy.

Believe it or not, and very few remember it, I was once a serious member who spent most of his time debating real things. I wasn't much well liked then because of my views, but I was a serious member.

I really haven't been a part of this community in a good or bad way for almost 6 months now. But, I still feel like I should apologize to those who do remember me. I'm sorry for degrading the site. Particularly, I am sorry for degrading a site that is built around something I love: debate.

As I said, I'm not really an active member anymore, but I just felt like I should do this to smooth over any loose ends.

I know I'll never be remembered fondly on this site. But, I feel like people should at least now that I was aware of how I was being perceived.

I will miss some of my times on this site. Without this site, I would have gone crazy out of loneliness during the late 2011 to early 2012 period.

But, I just want to look back a bit at some of the times:

1.) The infamous race thread between me and Wnope.

2.) My December of 2011 campaign.

3.) My first leaving of the site with a genuine apology.

4.) Coming back to the site with the revelation that I had been multiaccounting with Ameriman.

5.) My June of 2012 presidential election.

6.) 16kadams betrayal and public denouncement of me that forced my next departure.

7.) My trolling phase.

In the end, I am to blame for virtually all of my problems on this site. I may try to come back to this site as a serious, policy minded debater (or perhaps I already have).

So, to all on this site, I bid farewell and offer a genuine apology.
President of DDO
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 2:05:14 AM
We all love you, jimtimmy.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 2:11:15 AM
At 1/26/2013 2:04:17 AM, jimtimmy wrote:
You all probably know this, but I am full of crap. When I came to this website, man that was a long time ago now, I held and defended some odd views. I'm not going to say I think those views were totally wrong, but I will say that they were at least partially wrong and that I was wrong for putting so much energy into defending them.

I'm gonna guess that a good deal of people that are currently on DDO don't know who I am. For the ones who do know me, they probably only know the "troll" jimtimmy.

Believe it or not, and very few remember it, I was once a serious member who spent most of his time debating real things. I wasn't much well liked then because of my views, but I was a serious member.

I really haven't been a part of this community in a good or bad way for almost 6 months now. But, I still feel like I should apologize to those who do remember me. I'm sorry for degrading the site. Particularly, I am sorry for degrading a site that is built around something I love: debate.

As I said, I'm not really an active member anymore, but I just felt like I should do this to smooth over any loose ends.

I know I'll never be remembered fondly on this site. But, I feel like people should at least now that I was aware of how I was being perceived.

I will miss some of my times on this site. Without this site, I would have gone crazy out of loneliness during the late 2011 to early 2012 period.

4.) Coming back to the site with the revelation that I had been multiaccounting with Ameriman.

6.) 16kadams betrayal and public denouncement of me that forced my next departure.

7.) My trolling phase.

In the end, I am to blame for virtually all of my problems on this site. I may try to come back to this site as a serious, policy minded debater (or perhaps I already have).

This must have taken a lot of balls to do this, and I respect you a lot now for it.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
LatentDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 3:08:14 AM
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

People who think they know everything are extremely irritating to those of us who do.

"If you believe in a god, just tell me why you don't believe in all the other gods. The reasons you give will be why I don't believe in yours." - Ricky THEGENIUS Gervais
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 3:29:09 AM
......well......that was unexpected.

*hugs*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 10:30:58 AM
At 1/26/2013 2:05:14 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
We all love you, President jimtimmy.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 11:49:48 AM
At 1/26/2013 2:04:17 AM, jimtimmy wrote:

7.) My trolling phase.

You have just earned my respect. It takes a man to admit he was wrong. Welcome back
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 12:17:59 PM
narcissism
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 12:43:16 PM
http://debate.org...

imabench - "[I]t takes balls to do what he did and i do respect him a lot for doing this now."
Ober - "Cool. Glad you owned up to your mistakes. You have more courage than a good deal of people in the world, and thats no small thing."

Come on guys. I mean. Really? Really?

The linked thread was 9 months ago. Look at his behavior still then. Did he maintain the level of "respect" from you since his first post? Do you really think he'll maintain it from here on out? You keep rewarding him, he'll keep doing it.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 2:04:28 PM
I would be perfectly fine with you being an actual member.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 2:04:41 PM
At 1/26/2013 12:43:16 PM, drafterman wrote:

The linked thread was 9 months ago. Look at his behavior still then. Did he maintain the level of "respect" from you since his first post? Do you really think he'll maintain it from here on out? You keep rewarding him, he'll keep doing it.

If he keeps acting like a conservative hack dumba** troll who multiaccounts for his own doomed to fail campaigns, then Ill go right back to insulting him like ive done for the past couple of months. But if hes willing to make amends for his previous retardation then what motive is there to shoot him down? Fool on the hill turned around and mouthwash improved decently sicne his spat with inferno, I see no reason why Jimtimmy cant become a respectable member again if those other two idiots could pull it off.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 2:23:36 PM
At 1/26/2013 12:17:59 PM, sadolite wrote:
narcissism

agreed. the fact is most people really cares that much at all jimtimmy. you haven't degraded the site at all. Its only when you do annoying sh1t and attention whoring that people start hating on you. I'd consider this attention whoring. If you just contribute regularly to the forums, then people wouldn't have a problem. You provide great incite on many topics. You've helped changed my underlying belief system. Yet then you go around trolling the Debate.org forums section with attention whoring bullsh1t and telling lame lies, which gives everyone the ughhhh feeling.

Words are cheap, but actions are not. Act respectfully on debate.org, and people won't care about your past actions.
Open borders debate:
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 2:24:21 PM
At 1/26/2013 2:04:41 PM, imabench wrote:

If he keeps acting like a conservative hack dumba** troll who multiaccounts for his own doomed to fail campaigns, then Ill go right back to insulting him like ive done for the past couple of months. But if hes willing to make amends for his previous retardation then what motive is there to shoot him down?

Because his previous amends apparently didn't amount to much?

Fool on the hill turned around and mouthwash improved decently sicne his spat with inferno, I see no reason why Jimtimmy cant become a respectable member again if those other two idiots could pull it off.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 2:25:15 PM

If he keeps acting like a conservative hack dumba** troll who multiaccounts for his own doomed to fail campaigns, then Ill go right back to insulting him like ive done for the past couple of months. But if hes willing to make amends for his previous retardation then what motive is there to shoot him down? Fool on the hill turned around and mouthwash improved decently sicne his spat with inferno, I see no reason why Jimtimmy cant become a respectable member again if those other two idiots could pull it off.

strongly disagree. mouthwash has been a constant arrogant prick. don't interact enough with fool on the hill to notice anything.
Open borders debate:
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 2:37:01 PM

imabench - "[I]t takes balls to do what he did and i do respect him a lot for doing this now."
Ober - "Cool. Glad you owned up to your mistakes. You have more courage than a good deal of people in the world, and thats no small thing."

Lmao I was thinking the same thing.

My thoughts on this thread: "He doesn't even go here!"

yang.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 2:57:10 PM
At 1/26/2013 2:24:21 PM, drafterman wrote:

If he keeps acting like a conservative hack dumba** troll who multiaccounts for his own doomed to fail campaigns, then Ill go right back to insulting him like ive done for the past couple of months. But if hes willing to make amends for his previous retardation then what motive is there to shoot him down?

Because his previous amends apparently didn't amount to much?

If this one goes the same way then everyone will go right back to realizing how full of sh*t he may be. Then after that any number of apologies from him would be meaningless since history has shown that they were bullsh*t.

Fool on the hill turned around and mouthwash improved decently sicne his spat with inferno, I see no reason why Jimtimmy cant become a respectable member again if those other two idiots could pull it off.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 2:58:46 PM
At 1/26/2013 2:25:15 PM, darkkermit wrote:

strongly disagree. mouthwash has been a constant arrogant prick. don't interact enough with fool on the hill to notice anything.

I havent seen mouthwash completely go off in a debate like he did against the bomb, I havent seen him make a multiaccount to parody inferno and try to make him get banned, and now that hes put the crap he had with Danielle behind him I havent heard a thing from him..... MW has come a long way from the level of retardation he was at before.

Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 3:04:43 PM

Agreed. Why is it that an apology suddenly means we should suddenly care massively about them?

Assuming I was in jimtimmy's shoes, and assuming he is still trolling, I'd be laughing my arse of at this point. The banality of it all is just astounding.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 4:26:16 PM
At 1/26/2013 2:37:01 PM, tulle wrote:

Lmao I was thinking the same thing.

My thoughts on this thread: "He doesn't even go here!"

LOL XD

: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 6:33:48 PM
I kind of agree with Drafter. But then again: "He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone."
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 6:38:40 PM

Hmm, that is surprising. I thought he was friendly with the conservatives.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 6:41:11 PM
At 1/26/2013 6:33:48 PM, TUF wrote:
I kind of agree with Drafter. But then again: "He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone."

Then again: Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice ... uh ... never get fooled again.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 6:42:22 PM
*yawn*

You know what I would like to see from you jimtimmy?
You to completely stop these self centred posts.

I don't give a fvck about your apology. It's still a jimtimmy thread about fvcking jimtimmy the attention whore. You're just some guy on the internet. I don't want sincerity from you. I don't want anything from you. For most people, even the most active members, you don't remotely register on the care-o-meter.

Start commenting on threads with non-troll posts. Start doing debates properly. If anyone treats you with bias based on your old exploits, ignore them.

Go back to the 'serious member' that you supposedly were, then you might start to matter again.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 6:44:36 PM

Yeah, because I don't listen to your condescension and BS when you tell me how lazy I am for dropping out.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 6:51:23 PM
At 1/26/2013 2:48:08 PM, Wnope wrote:
I'll take it.

JT, you're on probationary "clean slate" status.

This probably the best option.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 7:06:10 PM
At 1/26/2013 2:58:46 PM, imabench wrote:

I havent seen mouthwash completely go off in a debate like he did against the bomb, I havent seen him make a multiaccount to parody inferno and try to make him get banned, and now that hes put the crap he had with Danielle behind him I havent heard a thing from him..... MW has come a long way from the level of retardation he was at before.

He's debate wasn't that long ago, so i don't see that as a huge change. You can also see him still acting antognistic towards Danielle:

@F-16, Mouthwash and Lordknuckle aren't too friendly.
Open borders debate:
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2013 8:30:33 PM
At 1/26/2013 6:42:22 PM, tvellalott wrote:
*yawn*

You know what I would like to see from you jimtimmy?
You to completely stop these self centred posts.

I don't give a fvck about your apology. It's still a jimtimmy thread about fvcking jimtimmy the attention whore. You're just some guy on the internet. I don't want sincerity from you. I don't want anything from you. For most people, even the most active members, you don't remotely register on the care-o-meter.

Start commenting on threads with non-troll posts. Start doing debates properly. If anyone treats you with bias based on your old exploits, ignore them.

Go back to the 'serious member' that you supposedly were, then you might start to matter again.

BOOM headshot.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227