Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

musical composition within Dream psychology?

famer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 3:33:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Not exactly if "Dream pscyhology" is the correct term to use here, but just want to share an extremely strange occurrence I faced with last night.

During my dream last night (not a lucid dream or anything), I dreamt that I particpated in some kind of dance camp (it appeared to have been form of break-dancing, but not as extreme. The furthest we went was rapidly walking on our hands). And no, for those who are asking, I do not like dancing, do not understand any of it at all, not interested etc. etc. etc. More or less any form of dancing should never be part of my life.

Once this strange camp of my finished, I came back somehow with a video of my accomplishments, progression through my skills etc in the form of a music video.

Now, the strangest thing of all, is that it was a dream, where the music video (not only did it fit in really well with the video...), was of a song that I have never ever heard of (honestly doubt I have...), and in my opinion, was an extremely well-composed song. If I had the chance, I would definitely have liked to have an mp3 file of that song onto my iPod.

The genre of this music I heard was more of an older type of song. It was more like a classic that I would regard being rather similar to "The Lion King" theme song or anything similar to that sorts.

For those who are wondering the lyrics of the song I heard, (these lyrics might be a little inaccurate) the only lines that I could remember were:

A million miles away [there was particular emphasis on the "y" sound of away]
A thousand hearts be seen

Strange lyrics, I know... but it was a very nice song (in my opinion at least). And no, the song I heard was not my voice (I can't sing at all...), but of a man's voice (a good one too).

1. I have close to no ability with musical composition.
2. I seriously doubt I have heard of the song before (if that song exists).
3. It was in my dream, lol whut?

I know I may be asking the impossible, but would anyone be able to tell me what happened and how this could be possible? Does dreaming unlock your inability to accomplish such things? I'd be interested in what other people have to say.
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 5:22:22 AM
You've probably overheard the story at some point in your life or probably even the day before your dream. You don't have to remember the song, your subconsciousness does. It's kind of like you see all these people in your dreaams. Their faces are mostly totally foreign to you, but you have probably seen them all somewhere in your life.

Or, the dream could just be mixing several songs you know/don't know, to create something that sounds surprisingly well.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
LatentDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 11:04:40 AM
Art is something you can be pro at without any practise at all.

It's why I have more respect for mathematicians and scientists.
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

People who think they know everything are extremely irritating to those of us who do.

"If you believe in a god, just tell me why you don't believe in all the other gods. The reasons you give will be why I don't believe in yours." - Ricky THEGENIUS Gervais
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 11:08:35 AM
I don't know how it happens but I have composed and/or performed entire songs in my dreams before that were beautiful. I have no idea how. When I used to play guitar regularly, I would try to translate it to that but didn't have the technical ability to do so.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.