Jump to topic:

I'm new around here

daerice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 12:44:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Just joined the site, my younger brother encouraged me. I am a middle-aged, over-educated, married woman who is widely traveled and well read. My main areas of interest are philosophy, performance, gender and human rights. I have several degrees: sign language interpretation (Vocational degree), B.A. in philosophy from the University of Washington Seattle, and a MFA in Performance Art from the University of Nevada Reno. I am a sign language interpreter and teacher, as well as a writer, artist and scholar. Daerice is my middle name and my most common moniker online. You may see me in other social media sites.
Happy to be here!
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 12:58:05 PM
Welcome :)
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 1:11:09 PM
You can never be over-educated :P
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
LatentDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 1:17:35 PM
At 2/1/2013 12:44:38 PM, daerice wrote:
Just joined the site, my younger brother encouraged me. I am a middle-aged, over-educated, married woman who is widely traveled and well read. My main areas of interest are philosophy, performance, gender and human rights. I have several degrees: sign language interpretation (Vocational degree), B.A. in philosophy from the University of Washington Seattle, and a MFA in Performance Art from the University of Nevada Reno. I am a sign language interpreter and teacher, as well as a writer, artist and scholar. Daerice is my middle name and my most common moniker online. You may see me in other social media sites.
Happy to be here!

I suggest to debate imabench as a kind introduction into the mentality of the majority of DDO ;)
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

People who think they know everything are extremely irritating to those of us who do.

"If you believe in a god, just tell me why you don't believe in all the other gods. The reasons you give will be why I don't believe in yours." - Ricky THEGENIUS Gervais
daerice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 1:44:24 PM
I suggest to debate imabench as a kind introduction into the mentality of the majority of DDO ;)

Okay....sounds good - lead the way!
)
LatentDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 1:46:04 PM
At 2/1/2013 1:44:24 PM, daerice wrote:

)

http://www.debate.org...

People who think they know everything are extremely irritating to those of us who do.

"If you believe in a god, just tell me why you don't believe in all the other gods. The reasons you give will be why I don't believe in yours." - Ricky THEGENIUS Gervais
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 1:52:06 PM

)

Please don't listen to him. It's best to ignore what he says.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
LatentDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 1:58:20 PM
At 2/1/2013 1:52:06 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

)

You're a burrito.

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 2:00:01 PM
At 2/1/2013 1:52:06 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

)

: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 2:07:35 PM

)

You're better off reading a few debates from veteran members. Certain styles work better than others. Then you should start sharpening your claws on a few easy topics that don't require hours of research.

Click on the 'Help' link at the bottom of the screen and review the articles to answer the "common" questions and voting guidelines.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
LatentDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 2:09:31 PM

Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 2:11:33 PM
On a scale from ten - ten (ten being the best thing you've ever eaten) how would you rate Kentucky Fried Chicken?
kfc
LatentDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 2:18:52 PM
At 2/1/2013 2:11:33 PM, Koopin wrote:
On a scale from ten - ten (ten being the best thing you've ever eaten) how would you rate Kentucky Fried Chicken?

This is not a scale.

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 2:20:19 PM

Am I forgiven for my answer to this question when I first joined?
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:02:03 PM
At 2/1/2013 2:20:19 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Am I forgiven for my answer to this question when I first joined?

You've proven yourself worthy so I think so
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Franz_Reynard
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:03:12 PM
Happy to be here!

Omg, welcome welcome welcome!!!

Please stick around! Participate a lot in the forums!!!

^_^
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:15:08 PM
whose your brother?
That and welcome.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:17:54 PM
Happy to be here!

You sound like a very interesting person. :) I hope you stick around to debate, or engage with, some of the more intelligent members of the site. I swear they do exist, despite the occasional troll. This is the internet, put on your hard hat.

My middle name is Luke, and I'm currently doing a degree in politics, philosophy and economics at Manchester University. :D
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:22:11 PM
At 2/1/2013 3:15:08 PM, lannan13 wrote:
whose your brother?
That and welcome.

I was wondering that too
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:22:44 PM
Also hi, im imabench, and there is no way in hell i represent the mentality of DDO.... Im an extreme outlier compared to the rest of the site.

Welcome :D

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:43:53 PM
At 2/1/2013 3:22:44 PM, imabench wrote:
Also hi, im imabench, and there is no way in hell i represent the mentality of DDO.... Im an extreme outlier compared to the rest of the site.

Welcome :D

It's true. I can back him on this.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:57:45 PM
Welcome to the site. Experience is a demographic we are lacking on here. A pleasure to have you.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
daerice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 12:16:35 PM
Kinesis - thank you , good to find intelligent life forms are about.
Heineken - thank you, will do....
And I posted in several forums last night, but how do I find my comments today? Is there a place where all my comments on forums are saved? Or....are those comments lost in the void of the datastreams of DDO?
About the chicken.....
KFC can never be a 10 on any scale.....for me KFC is a 1 on a scale of 1-10. I admit to being a food snob.
My brother is ithinkverydeeply.
Thank you everyone for the very warm welcome
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 12:25:28 PM
At 2/2/2013 12:16:35 PM, daerice wrote:

And I posted in several forums last night, but how do I find my comments today? Is there a place where all my comments on forums are saved? Or....are those comments lost in the void of the datastreams of DDO?

You didn't post in forums...you've only done that 8 times and 4 of those are in this thread.

In your profile, there is a cascading stream of info about what and where you've posted, or if you'd like to be notified of a new post on a thread in which you've posted, mark the favorites checkbox just above the "review" button the next time you post on that thread.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 12:27:34 PM
daerice posted to a forum topic: Hendrix calls KingCrimson best group in the w13 hours ago

daerice posted a comment to the debate: Resolved: water ought to be valued as a human right rather than a commodity14 hours ago

-----------------

...are a couple examples of what you can find on your own profile.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 12:35:51 PM
Happy to be here!

Welcome to DDO!
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2013 1:21:54 PM
At 2/2/2013 12:16:35 PM, daerice wrote:
Kinesis - thank you , good to find intelligent life forms are about.
Heineken - thank you, will do....
And I posted in several forums last night, but how do I find my comments today? Is there a place where all my comments on forums are saved?

If you click on your name, or the 'profile' button to the left it will take you to your profile page. From there, look at your newsfeed and that will keep track of where you have posted so you can revisit those forums and keep the conversation going.