R voters biased, loyal, or ignorant

Logical-Master
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 12:34:55 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/31/2009 12:26:54 PM, twsurber wrote:
In my short time here I have seen some really erratic stuff.

Yes, my good sir. Though these aren't the only qualities and not everyone possesses the same qualities.

Nevertheless, even with these seemingly negative qualities, one should consider debate to be about persuasion. And people, no matter how ignorant, biased and loyal, can be persuaded. You can look to none other than effectiveness of our America advertisements to confirm this. ;)
audrina1000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 12:43:21 PM
a person can only be persuaded if there's money involved, or if it benefits themselves especially this day in age when all people think about is their money or their well being.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 2:21:35 PM
How did they acquire their current beliefs on issues that aren't of extreme personal relevance? (Some personal relevance is of course necessary because why the hell would anyone give a damn otherwise, and not just these days)

Someone persuaded them.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2009 4:17:53 PM
It isn't out of the ordinary, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it is common.

Most of us just enjoy the community and the discussion without paying too much attention to who wins and who loses.

Welcome to DDO, enjoy your stay.