Jump to topic:

Cleaners, CWO and vote bombing?????

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2008 6:41:11 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
I'm new to this site, so I want to ask the question: 'What are the CWO, the Cleaners and vote-bombing??
How did it all start, why? and has it been resolved?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2008 8:17:27 AM
Vote Bombing: Making multiple accounts and then voting against a person on one of his/her debates, or all of his/her debates.

CWO (1): Formed by Cirro, purpose was to educate conservative debaters, as he was concerned as to why he was the only conservative debater on the top debaters list. Although when Cirro first came out of the idea most of the active debaters were more or less split even on whether or not the CWO would be beneficial to this site, its popularity rating went negative son after its conception due to a user known as joshandr30 who vote bombed people because he has self-esteem isues, and now has >9000 accounts on this site (main one being "antisemantic").

We used refer to joshandr30/antisemantic as "IIIINNNTTTEEEEGGGRRRIIITTTYYYY".
We now refer to him as "Hypocrisy".

CWO (2): Led by: Hypocrisy. Members: Hypocrisy. Purpose: Hypocrisy. Actions: Hypocrisy.

The Cleaners: Formed by Kleptin as a countermeasure against Hypocrisy. I can't remember when it was formed. Suspected to have its origins in the Cleaners' self-esteem issues as their win ratios were being taken down manually by Hypocrisy, it is now clear that the Cleaners exist for the sole purpose of showing that this site is not about popularity or how much you can please Tyrant Hypocrisy. The Cleaners vote on debates and justify their votes rationally in the comments sections of the debates they vote in, and do so in hopes that everyone else will follow suit, ergo, make this site a better place.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2008 8:44:45 AM
Hmmmmm, so the cleaners aren't really an organisation such as the CWO, they're more like a group of peope trying for the better good. Is Josh/hypocrisy/antisemantic still around or has he been erradicated?
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2008 9:38:21 AM
At 11/9/2008 8:44:45 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Hmmmmm, so the cleaners aren't really an organisation such as the CWO, they're more like a group of peope trying for the better good. Is Josh/hypocrisy/antisemantic still around or has he been erradicated?

Yes, the Cleaners (alternately known as the Maid Service) aren't so much a group as they are a set of principles. They do not vote together, they do not tell each other how to vote. The only requirements of the group are that they leave a comment in the debate they voted on stating the reason they voted the way that they voted. This serves the dual purpose of showing that that person is not blindly voting by ideology and to help the debator see areas where he/she could use improvement.

Joshandr is still around, and as long as he gets the attention he so desperately desires (ie through posts like this one) he will remain. He claims that he is trying to help the site, but the only thing he does is use multiple accounts to vote down people who stand up for the community, people in the cleaners, and people whose ideology differs from his own. He has also gone through some of the active conservatives' debates and voted them up.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2008 9:43:32 AM
Would it be possible for some sort of peace treaty, disbanding both CWO v.2 and the cleaners???
Dnick94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2008 9:45:36 AM
Yes; by banning Hypocrisy's fake current accounts for good.
"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them."
-Albert Einstein
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2008 9:56:33 AM
Can't someone simply ban the IP address of Josh? How about that Josh cannot 1. make any more accounts and 2. cannot vote on any more debates or poston forums until he's deemed to have changed. Aswell, in terms of fairness and un-baisedness, 1 of the cleaners must be banned from voting and posting on forums until he's deemed to have changed and is unbiased.
Dnick94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2008 9:57:32 AM
Multiple IP address; going to the public library or friend's house to make a new account
-Albert Einstein
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2008 10:29:38 AM
Treaties only work with sane individuals.

I.E. Hitler
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2008 12:22:39 PM
hehehe true. I guess after a while it will just die down, but by then cities will have gained sentients and risen off the ground with hydrolic legs to begin the long battle for resources. Or we'll have oxygen wars against crab men. Either way it'll be fun.
antisemantic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2008 2:00:08 PM
Insane people do not even try. Or just pig headed people.
Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
Dnick94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2008 7:54:17 PM
Antisemantic won the following awards:

* Stupidest Man of the Year
* Stupidest Statement of the Year
* Stupidity Award for Making A Stupid Situation Stupider
* Stupidity Award for being Most out of Touch With Reality
* Dumbest Moment of the Year
* Stupidest Movie of the Year
* Media Outlet Which Has Best Furthered Ignorance
* Stupidity Award for Reckless Endangerment of the Planet
* Stupidest Trend of the Year
* Lifetime Achievement Award for Stupidity
* The all time winner from 1977- 2008 Smokey

http://en.wikipedia.org...
-Albert Einstein
Dnick94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 2:39:45 PM
At 11/10/2008 2:36:53 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Has Josh finally been banned or is he up to his usual trickery?
http://www.debate.org...

FINALLY GONE. YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Account Closed is BANNED.
Account no longer activated is when the user closes his account and can activate it later.
-Albert Einstein
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 2:49:26 PM
one account down 600 more to go.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Dnick94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 2:57:09 PM
At 11/10/2008 2:49:26 PM, askbob wrote:

I'm sorry to misinform you but from

Josh is BANNED.
-Albert Einstein
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 3:38:37 PM
It is officcialy VOD day (victory on debate.org day). Or has josh gone underground? only time shall tell. we need to keep our guard up, and prevent anyone else from vote bombing us. I suggest that the cleaners disband for the time being and its taking the norm. to leave a comment whe you vote.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 7:07:27 PM
At 11/10/2008 3:38:37 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
It is officcialy VOD day (victory on debate.org day). Or has josh gone underground? only time shall tell. we need to keep our guard up, and prevent anyone else from vote bombing us. I suggest that the cleaners disband for the time being and its taking the norm. to leave a comment whe you vote.

He will likely come back.

I like your quote in your signature, though.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 7:36:21 PM
hahaha I'm not gonna lie that made me laugh hysterically
Dnick94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 7:52:02 PM
At 11/10/2008 2:49:26 PM, askbob wrote:

Really, then why Josh couldn't vote bomb 4200 points in a debate? Then he would have under his control almost every debate and no one can stop him.
-Albert Einstein