Jump to topic:

DDO survey

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 4:45:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
There's been a lot of discussion on DDO's moderator policy and whether there's been too much harassment or personal attacks on DDO. Some say its too much and others think its part of the cultural and some of it should be tolerated.

I made this poll to find out what people think.

http://www.surveymonkey.com...
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 6:44:47 PM
Voted.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 6:55:37 PM
At 2/8/2013 6:44:47 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Voted.

Countered Lanan13's obvious "Definately Yes" answers. Also...being ironic.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 7:18:24 PM
I actually said no on a couple.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 7:21:18 PM
At 2/8/2013 6:55:37 PM, Heineken wrote:
Voted.

^ means he's kidding....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 7:43:40 PM
At 2/8/2013 7:31:37 PM, Kinesis wrote:
I shuddered when I clicked 'don't no' for one of them. C'mon man.
+1

The worst part is that the first one was spelled correctly! Why such cruelty? ='(
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 7:50:15 PM
Don't know don't care. I'm a big boy and you can't hurt my feelings because I have none. Logic, common sense and reality rule my life. I did answer the questions based on my observations over the past four years. There are a lot of foul mouthed losers and how would I know if a moderator is doing something about it? They don't make that public record.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 8:02:12 PM
At 2/8/2013 7:50:15 PM, sadolite wrote:
Don't know don't care. I'm a big boy and you can't hurt my feelings because I have none. Logic, common sense and reality rule my life. I did answer the questions based on my observations over the past four years. There are a lot of foul mouthed losers and how would I know if a moderator is doing something about it? They don't make that public record.

You have a small penis, bad breath and ugly feet.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 8:09:22 PM

You don't get any smarter by denying your humanity, only less able to deal with it.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 9:14:50 PM
At 2/8/2013 7:59:42 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I long for a world where "go fuck yourself" is regarded as weak argumentation, rather than a breach of protocol...

That's how it use to be....*sigh*

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 10:39:47 PM
"Go f*ck yourself" is not designed to be a stand-alone argument. It's an accessory premise, best applied before a swift punch in the teeth, a push down the steps, or during the end-game scene between the protagonist and the villain.
Vidi, vici, veni.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 10:07:30 AM
At 2/8/2013 8:02:12 PM, tvellalott wrote:

You have a small penis, bad breath and ugly feet.

This is a reflection on your character not an insult to me. Is this supposed to make me upset? It just makes you look like an infantile dumb azz with poor character.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 10:14:27 AM
At 2/8/2013 8:09:22 PM, Kinesis wrote:

You don't get any smarter by denying your humanity, only less able to deal with it.

Enlighten me, what is it I am unable to deal with. I am married, have two kids, gainfully employed, own a house, have lots of toys, want for nothing. So tell me, in your great wisdom, what about life and the world am I not able to deal with. That is what I do, deal with problems and solve them. I don't mire myself in emotion. Emotion is the great procrastinator and business as usual do nothing about anything avoid the problem at all costs "feeling". Oh and you assume you are "smarter" than me. How did you come to that conclusion. I bet I know more about more things than you could ever dream of knowing.

Nidhogg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 10:48:56 AM
Voted
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
natoast
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 12:00:17 PM
At 2/9/2013 10:14:27 AM, sadolite wrote:

Enlighten me, what is it I am unable to deal with. I am married, have two kids, gainfully employed, own a house, have lots of toys, want for nothing. So tell me, in your great wisdom, what about life and the world am I not able to deal with. That is what I do, deal with problems and solve them. I don't mire myself in emotion. Emotion is the great procrastinator and business as usual do nothing about anything avoid the problem at all costs "feeling". Oh and you assume you are "smarter" than me. How did you come to that conclusion. I bet I know more about more things than you could ever dream of knowing.

Some pretty emotional undertones there.
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 1:02:29 PM
At 2/9/2013 10:14:27 AM, sadolite wrote:

Your life must be real fun... when you deny yourself of your emotions...
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 12:35:23 AM
At 2/8/2013 7:21:18 PM, imabench wrote:
Voted.

^ means he's kidding....

Sarcasm isn't irony imabench.

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 6:38:00 AM
At 2/11/2013 12:35:23 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/8/2013 7:21:18 PM, imabench wrote:
Voted.

Countered Lanan13's obvious "Definitely Yes" answers. Also...being ironic.

^ means he's kidding....

Sarcasm isn't irony imabench.

That depends on the context. You should read some Greek mythology. Sarcasm and irony seem quite synonymous when the Gods throw a tantrum.
Vidi, vici, veni.