Jump to topic:

Is there a minimal age for DDO?

SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 1:15:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Like the title says, too lazy to read the policies... I know you can put whatever you like in your age, but is there a minimum age under which users are banned? Never seen it happen, but (almost) every site I know has a minimum of 13.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 2:44:15 PM
14 for DDO
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 4:02:26 PM
At 2/9/2013 3:10:53 PM, Raisor wrote:
If you have to ask if you are old enough, you aren't old enough.

Then it's good I'm not asking that.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 4:07:46 PM
At 2/9/2013 1:15:18 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Like the title says, too lazy to read the policies... I know you can put whatever you like in your age, but is there a minimum age under which users are banned? Never seen it happen, but (almost) every site I know has a minimum of 13.

I dont recall anyone ever getting banned for their real life age being below a certain number tbh....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 4:16:16 PM
At 2/9/2013 4:07:46 PM, imabench wrote:
At 2/9/2013 1:15:18 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:

I dont recall anyone ever getting banned for their real life age being below a certain number tbh....

I know, but a lot of sites do this, I wonder why I never saw it here (even if I am absolutely against the age limit thingy). I've never seen it mentioned as well.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 8:04:01 PM
The minimum age should be 30
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 9:14:02 PM
At 2/9/2013 8:04:01 PM, sadolite wrote:

can you go be an angry old guy who always is complaining somewhere else?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2013 11:47:34 PM
At 2/9/2013 9:14:02 PM, imabench wrote:

I said that just for you. You are as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning.

I complain about nothing, You just can't deal with my comments pointing out the blatantly obvious about things that challenge your sensibilities. Now chill out ya snot nosed little whipper snapper. Bwaahhaaahaahaahaa
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2013 12:08:21 AM
At 2/9/2013 11:47:34 PM, sadolite wrote:

I said that just for you. You are as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning.

I complain about nothing, You just can't deal with my comments pointing out the blatantly obvious about things that challenge your sensibilities. Now chill out ya snot nosed little whipper snapper. Bwaahhaaahaahaahaa

If only DDO were composed solely of people like you.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2013 12:10:02 AM

.......wat?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2013 12:13:05 AM
At 2/10/2013 12:08:21 AM, Wnope wrote:

Knowing Sadolite, it would look like this in three hours
http://www.godhatesfags.com...

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2013 8:41:02 AM
At 2/10/2013 12:13:05 AM, imabench wrote:
At 2/10/2013 12:08:21 AM, Wnope wrote:

Knowing Sadolite, it would look like this in three hours
http://www.godhatesfags.com...

You only make yourself look like "the angry old man" by insulting me and making accusations about me and my views without a shred of evidence to back it up. It is you that is the intolerant bigot not me. Do you think this crap upsets me? I am glad you do this stuff. It only reflects on your character not mine. Now settle down ya little whipper snapper

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2013 11:21:14 AM
At 2/10/2013 8:41:02 AM, sadolite wrote:

You only make yourself look like "the angry old man" by insulting me and making accusations about me and my views without a shred of evidence to back it up.

Its a well known fact that youre against gay marriage, or just about any change America has made in the past 100 years....

It is you that is the intolerant bigot not me.

Arent you the one who wanted nobody less then 30 years old to be on DDO for (most likely) bullsh*t reasons?

Do you think this crap upsets me?

Sadolite you get pissed off at just about everything....

I am glad you do this stuff. It only reflects on your character not mine. Now settle down ya little whipper snapper

God the only thing older then your views are your insults

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2013 12:54:07 PM
At 2/10/2013 11:21:14 AM, imabench wrote:

You only make yourself look like "the angry old man" by insulting me and making accusations about me and my views without a shred of evidence to back it up.

Its a well known fact that youre against gay marriage, or just about any change America has made in the past 100 years....

So you are saying there is no "legitimate" reason to oppose it? That would be "intolerant of an opposing point of view" You make the grave mistake as all do, that because I oppose gay marrige I hate gay people. An a typical political hack response to marginalize the individual who would hold a "Lagitimate" opposing point of view.

Arent you the one who wanted nobody less then 30 years old to be on DDO for (most likely) bullsh*t reasons?

You have no ability to see Sarcastic BS when it is placed in front of you.

Do you think this crap upsets me?

Sadolite you get pissed off at just about everything....

Show me the last post that characterizes me as being "Pissed off"

I am glad you do this stuff. It only reflects on your character not mine. Now settle down ya little whipper snapper

God the only thing older then your views are your insults

Um, didn't you start it? You were the first to cast the "personal" disperaging stone. How short your memory is.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2013 1:30:09 PM
At 2/10/2013 12:54:07 PM, sadolite wrote:

So you are saying there is no "legitimate" reason to oppose it? That would be "intolerant of an opposing point of view" You make the grave mistake as all do, that because I oppose gay marrige I hate gay people. An a typical political hack response to marginalize the individual who would hold a "Lagitimate" opposing point of view.

Im not saying that there arent legitimate reasons to be against gay marriage dingus, im saying that most people here know what your views are on certain issues and how a good chunk of them are based on BS reasons.... Such as you believing that nobody under 30 should be allowed on DDO.

Im still waiting to hear your reasons :)

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 5:04:29 PM
At 2/10/2013 1:30:09 PM, imabench wrote:

I'm not saying that there aren't legitimate reasons to be against gay marriage dingus, im saying that most people here know what your views are on certain issues and how a good chunk of them are based on BS reasons.... Such as you believing that nobody under 30 should be allowed on DDO.

Aren't you the one who wanted nobody less then 30 years old to be on DDO for (most likely) bullsh*t reasons?

Im still waiting to hear your reasons :)\

Waiting to hear my reasons for what. Gay marrige? Why don't you post what you would think are legitimate reasons. Here's one, Legal precedent. It has been argued and established numerous times what the definition of marrige is and what purpose it serves in society. But legal precedent arguments are probably not on the list of legitimate reasons I'm guessing, as they don't consider ones "feelings". How many reasons do I have to give, before it is established in "your" mind that I oppose gay marrige for legitimate reasons and "not" because I hate gay people.

And again, you only show your lack of character with continued personal insults (Dingus)

I have already established that (nobody under 30 should be allowed on DDO) was sarcasm. It's not my fault you still don't get after being told it was sarcasm directly.

Now here's a question for you. Name a legitimate reason to oppose gay marrige. You said that there "are legitimate reasons" Name one. If you won't, it only proves your intolerance of an opposing "legitimate point of view" Thus proving that you are the intolerant bigot. I'll name a reason to be in favor of gay marrige, I'll assume it is legitimate because it is an argument "in favor of gay marrige." I can only assume there are "no illegitimate arguments" for gay marrige.

"It hurts gay peoples "feelings" and they "feel" they are being discriminated against because they can't marry like heterosexuals"

malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 5:13:57 PM
At 2/9/2013 3:10:53 PM, Raisor wrote:
If you have to ask if you are old enough, you aren't old enough.

Like shopping at Neimen Marcus...
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 10:25:01 AM
At 2/11/2013 5:04:29 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/10/2013 1:30:09 PM, imabench wrote:

I'm not saying that there aren't legitimate reasons to be against gay marriage dingus, im saying that most people here know what your views are on certain issues and how a good chunk of them are based on BS reasons.... Such as you believing that nobody under 30 should be allowed on DDO.

Aren't you the one who wanted nobody less then 30 years old to be on DDO for (most likely) bullsh*t reasons?

Im still waiting to hear your reasons :)\

Waiting to hear my reasons for what. Gay marrige? Why don't you post what you would think are legitimate reasons. Here's one, Legal precedent. It has been argued and established numerous times what the definition of marrige is and what purpose it serves in society. But legal precedent arguments are probably not on the list of legitimate reasons I'm guessing, as they don't consider ones "feelings". How many reasons do I have to give, before it is established in "your" mind that I oppose gay marrige for legitimate reasons and "not" because I hate gay people.

And again, you only show your lack of character with continued personal insults (Dingus)

I have already established that (nobody under 30 should be allowed on DDO) was sarcasm. It's not my fault you still don't get after being told it was sarcasm directly.

Now here's a question for you. Name a legitimate reason to oppose gay marrige. You said that there "are legitimate reasons" Name one. If you won't, it only proves your intolerance of an opposing "legitimate point of view" Thus proving that you are the intolerant bigot. I'll name a reason to be in favor of gay marrige, I'll assume it is legitimate because it is an argument "in favor of gay marrige." I can only assume there are "no illegitimate arguments" for gay marrige.

"It hurts gay peoples "feelings" and they "feel" they are being discriminated against because they can't marry like heterosexuals"

I was referring to your reasons for why nobody under 30 should be allowed on DDO..... Dumbass

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 10:31:24 AM
At 2/13/2013 10:25:01 AM, imabench wrote:

How the hell is anyone supposed to know when your pretending to be a sarcastic and sadistic angry old man when you're known to all of DDO as a sadistic angry old man?

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 11:32:28 AM
Dun,dun,dun,dun,dun-dun-dun, dun, dun dun.....Mortal Kombat....Dududududu-du-du-dudududu-dudu.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 6:36:17 PM
At 2/13/2013 10:31:24 AM, imabench wrote:

How the hell is anyone supposed to know when your pretending to be a sarcastic and sadistic angry old man when you're known to all of DDO as a sadistic angry old man?

Your previous post asking me to "give reasons" is clearly and obviously "not clear" as to what you wanted me to respond to. You "discussed gay marrige" in the post almost exclusively. You did not give or even attempt to give a "legitimate" reason to oppose gay marrige so one can by deduction determine that you are an intolerant bigot and any opposition no matter how legitimate will not be tolerated by you. Thus making you the intolerant bigot.. Again with the name calling, really is that the level of your intellect when discussing social issues? As to what "you think" is widely known and accepted by the DDO community as me being an "angry old man" is your myopic opinion of your little circle of friends on DDO. You don't know anything about me as a person, you make your judgements about me based on political views that you vehemently disagree with. It is your "MO" to insult personally and attack the character of anyone who says anything that does not prescribe to your views without a shred of evidence to back up your insults and character assassinations. You have what is "widely known" on DDO as "Internet courage"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 6:58:14 PM
At 2/13/2013 6:36:17 PM, sadolite wrote:

Your previous post asking me to "give reasons" is clearly and obviously "not clear" as to what you wanted me to respond to. You "discussed gay marrige" in the post almost exclusively.

Fair enough.

You did not give or even attempt to give a "legitimate" reason to oppose gay marriage so one can by deduction determine that you are an intolerant bigot and any opposition no matter how legitimate will not be tolerated by you. Thus making you the intolerant bigot..

Fine, it can be argued that since Marriage is related to religious practice then the government shouldnt be allowed to define marriage due to the separation of Church and State.... I would argue that the government already intervenes on what is or isnt marriage and therefore has a right to define it, but it can then be argued that prior government intervention on the act of marriage is unconstitutional/illegal and that it doesnt justify the government being allowed to intervene again.

Happy now?

Again with the name calling, really is that the level of your intellect when discussing social issues? As to what "you think" is widely known and accepted by the DDO community as me being an "angry old man" is your myopic opinion of your little circle of friends on DDO.

Name a single person anywhere on this site who thinks of you as a humorous and fun person to talk to who has a great sense of humor and is also in touch with his feelings and is considerate of what others think...... TAKE YOUR TIME, ILL WAIT.

You don't know anything about me as a person, you make your judgements about me based on political views that you vehemently disagree with.

You do the same thing to just about everyone on this site.... Just about anyone who is younger then you is just some "whipper-snapper" who has no idea what hes talking about.

It is your "MO" to insult personally and attack the character of anyone who says anything that does not prescribe to your views without a shred of evidence to back up your insults and character assassinations.

I know how to hold my tongue and reason with people I dont agree with, which is something I have to do as a liberal on a site crawling with libertarians and conservatives. When I do look at arguments I also try to give sources to support my points, When was the last time you gave an argument that you actually gave sources for to show that you might not be full of sh*t?

You have what is "widely known" on DDO as "Internet courage"

Give me your phone number and Ill happily tell you how full of sh*t you are man to man then. (A Phone is one of those things that young people use to text their friends)

(friends are people you identify a lot with and are people who see you as likable and witty)

(Likable is that thing when people dont see you as an obnoxious old idiot who likes to just ramble about stuff he hates)

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 7:21:45 PM
At 2/13/2013 7:00:10 PM, drafterman wrote:
Conception.

Inception.
Perception.
Interception.
Deception.
Reception.
Contraception.

...I'm missing some...I know it.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 4:36:33 PM
At 2/13/2013 6:58:14 PM, imabench wrote:
At 2/13/2013 6:36:17 PM, sadolite wrote:

Your previous post asking me to "give reasons" is clearly and obviously "not clear" as to what you wanted me to respond to. You "discussed gay marrige" in the post almost exclusively.

Fair enough.

You did not give or even attempt to give a "legitimate" reason to oppose gay marriage so one can by deduction determine that you are an intolerant bigot and any opposition no matter how legitimate will not be tolerated by you. Thus making you the intolerant bigot..

Fine, it can be argued that since Marriage is related to religious practice then the government shouldnt be allowed to define marriage due to the separation of Church and State.... I would argue that the government already intervenes on what is or isnt marriage and therefore has a right to define it, but it can then be argued that prior government intervention on the act of marriage is unconstitutional/illegal and that it doesnt justify the government being allowed to intervene again.

Happy now?

Again with the name calling, really is that the level of your intellect when discussing social issues? As to what "you think" is widely known and accepted by the DDO community as me being an "angry old man" is your myopic opinion of your little circle of friends on DDO.

Name a single person anywhere on this site who thinks of you as a humorous and fun person to talk to who has a great sense of humor and is also in touch with his feelings and is considerate of what others think...... TAKE YOUR TIME, ILL WAIT.

You don't know anything about me as a person, you make your judgements about me based on political views that you vehemently disagree with.

You do the same thing to just about everyone on this site.... Just about anyone who is younger then you is just some "whipper-snapper" who has no idea what hes talking about.

It is your "MO" to insult personally and attack the character of anyone who says anything that does not prescribe to your views without a shred of evidence to back up your insults and character assassinations.

I know how to hold my tongue and reason with people I dont agree with, which is something I have to do as a liberal on a site crawling with libertarians and conservatives. When I do look at arguments I also try to give sources to support my points, When was the last time you gave an argument that you actually gave sources for to show that you might not be full of sh*t?

You have what is "widely known" on DDO as "Internet courage"

Give me your phone number and Ill happily tell you how full of sh*t you are man to man then. (A Phone is one of those things that young people use to text their friends)

(friends are people you identify a lot with and are people who see you as likable and witty)

(Likable is that thing when people dont see you as an obnoxious old idiot who likes to just ramble about stuff he hates)

So we have established that I do not hate gay people? We need not debate gay marrige any further. You have your reason to be in favor of it, I have my "lagitimate" reasons to oppose it. Only thing left is to let the "People" decide wether they want it or don't. We will use the old tired and stale out of date method. Have a constitutional convention and amend the constitution or not. Let the best "legitimate" arguments win. I will live by what ever happens. I will not tollerate it being shoved down my throat by 9 people. It is a decision that affects the entire society not just gay people.

And the rest of your post. You are you, and I am me. To what end is any further conversation about wether I am sufficiently funny for tatses going to lead.
I have settled what I have to say. I have "lagitimate" reasons to oppose gay marrige and don't oppose it because I hate gay people. How I feel about gay people and gay marrige is irrelevant. Feelings have no place in interpreting rule of law or amending the constitution.

You can not marginalize me as an individual, I have been here far longer than you. You don't like my views and you don't like my delivery. That's your problem. It doesn't make what I say any less relevant or worthy of consideration then anyone else's point of view. If I am having a discussion with someone who is being intellectually challenging I will provide sources to back up everything I say. But when I am dealing with people like you who are insulting and attack my character. I will go no further other than to make that person back up his accusations about me like I did with you.

You are imabench I am sadloite. Two very different people with two very different views of people and life. Your views and comments are no better or no worse than mine. They are different in content and delivery but equal in value on DDO. Except "repeated" unprovoked personal insults. Those are always bad, no matter who does it.

Have a nice day and look forward to commenting on future posts with cutting edge in your face logic and reason, with feelings based arguments being fed to the dogs.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 5:07:04 PM
At 2/14/2013 4:36:33 PM, sadolite wrote:

To what end is any further conversation about wether I am sufficiently funny for tastes going to lead.

I could make a few more jokes and then we'd be at a dead end.

You can not marginalize me as an individual, I have been here far longer than you. You don't like my views and you don't like my delivery. That's your problem. It doesn't make what I say any less relevant or worthy of consideration then anyone else's point of view. If I am having a discussion with someone who is being intellectually challenging I will provide sources to back up everything I say. But when I am dealing with people like you who are insulting and attack my character. I will go no further other than to make that person back up his accusations about me like I did with you.

But when do you actually ever do that?? Thats what im trying to figure out here

You are imabench I am sadolite.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com...

Sorry, i had to post that. Go on

Two very different people with two very different views of people and life. Your views and comments are no better or no worse than mine. They are different in content and delivery but equal in value on DDO. Except "repeated" unprovoked personal insults. Those are always bad, no matter who does it.

Have a nice day and look forward to commenting on future posts with cutting edge in your face logic and reason, with feelings based arguments being fed to the dogs.

Good day to you sir

SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 5:14:28 PM
At 2/13/2013 7:21:45 PM, Heineken wrote:
Conception.

Inception.
Perception.
Interception.
Deception.
Reception.
Contraception.

Dissection.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 5:21:27 PM
At 2/14/2013 5:14:28 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 2/13/2013 7:21:45 PM, Heineken wrote:
Conception.

Inception.
Perception.
Interception.
Deception.
Reception.
Contraception.

Dissection.

Exception
Misconception
Preconception

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 7:32:51 PM
At 2/14/2013 5:07:04 PM, imabench wrote:
At 2/14/2013 4:36:33 PM, sadolite wrote:

To what end is any further conversation about wether I am sufficiently funny for tastes going to lead.

I could make a few more jokes and then we'd be at a dead end.

You can not marginalize me as an individual, I have been here far longer than you. You don't like my views and you don't like my delivery. That's your problem. It doesn't make what I say any less relevant or worthy of consideration then anyone Else's point of view. If I am having a discussion with someone who is being intellectually challenging I will provide sources to back up everything I say. But when I am dealing with people like you who are insulting and attack my character. I will go no further other than to make that person back up his accusations about me like I did with you.

But when do you actually ever do that?? Thats what im trying to figure out here

You are imabench I am sadolite.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com...

Sorry, i had to post that. Go on

Two very different people with two very different views of people and life. Your views and comments are no better or no worse than mine. They are different in content and delivery but equal in value on DDO. Except "repeated" unprovoked personal insults. Those are always bad, no matter who does it.

Good day to you sir

"But when do you actually ever do that?? Thats what im trying to figure out here"

I have been here 4 years, Ive had many debates and made thousands of posts in forums. Do you really think all of it is just what you like to call "angry old man" comments. I have given many sources on dozens of topics in forums and debates. I don't expect you to look for them any more than I would want to spend time looking through your debates and posts to find some out of context "got ya"