Jump to topic:

Notifications

x2MuzioPlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 7:40:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So, I'd like to be notified on debates I've voted on when somebody comments on it. Is there a way to do this (like, in settings) or not? If someone wants me to clarify an RFD and asks for it in the comments section I'll have no idea unless I continually check up on the debate, which will be particularly annoying once I've voted on several debates. If I "favorite" the debate it doesn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 7:43:51 PM
At 2/13/2013 7:40:42 PM, x2MuzioPlayer wrote:
So, I'd like to be notified on debates I've voted on when somebody comments on it. Is there a way to do this (like, in settings) or not? If someone wants me to clarify an RFD and asks for it in the comments section I'll have no idea unless I continually check up on the debate, which will be particularly annoying once I've voted on several debates. If I "favorite" the debate it doesn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

Go to your "favorites" and make sure:

1) It listed there
2) There is a check mark under "E-mail me when a new comment is posted on this debate," with the icon of the chat bubble.
x2MuzioPlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 8:02:31 PM
At 2/13/2013 7:43:51 PM, drafterman wrote:

1) It listed there
2) There is a check mark under "E-mail me when a new comment is posted on this debate," with the icon of the chat bubble.

Will this give me notifications or just emails? I don't like the idea of being continually spammed by emails for new comments, but a notification would be nice.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 8:33:14 PM
At 2/13/2013 8:02:31 PM, x2MuzioPlayer wrote:

1) It listed there

Will this give me notifications or just emails? I don't like the idea of being continually spammed by emails for new comments, but a notification would be nice.

I don't think you can get one without the other.
x2MuzioPlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 8:46:01 PM
At 2/13/2013 8:33:14 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 2/13/2013 8:02:31 PM, x2MuzioPlayer wrote:

1) It listed there

I don't think you can get one without the other.

Okay, I just wanted to check. It looks like I can get emails, but not notifications. Seems like a good idea for an update, though.