Jump to topic:

1st Quarter - DDO HALL OF FAME VOTING

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 6:06:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The DDOE Hall of fame will induct a new candidate quarterly. Hopefully DDO will one day host it's own dedicated and maintained Hall of Fame but until then, we will honor those who are a cut above the rest.

Please vote for your candidate. Elections will last 1 week (14 Feb 2013 - 21 Feb 2013). First quarter induction ceremony will be broadcast on the DDOE Video Blog on February 28th.

Please vote with integrity.

http://poll.pollcode.com...
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 6:07:42 PM
http://debate.org...
durrrr
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 6:33:56 PM
Voted, but didn't like the candidates.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 6:38:43 PM
At 2/14/2013 6:33:56 PM, lannan13 wrote:

You should review their profiles before voting. They have some exceptional content contributions.
Vidi, vici, veni.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 6:39:53 PM
don't like the candidates, and not voting.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 6:40:43 PM
At 2/14/2013 6:38:43 PM, Heineken wrote:

You should review their profiles before voting. They have some exceptional content contributions.

I know and I did. I'm just not happy bout the choices.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 6:42:07 PM
At 2/14/2013 6:39:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
don't like the candidates, and not voting.

Probably better that way.
Vidi, vici, veni.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 6:45:37 PM

Ditto.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 6:48:12 PM
At 2/14/2013 6:45:37 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Ditto.

lol
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Connoisseur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 6:55:14 PM
Maikuru FTW (only undefeated dude)
This is a concoction of poetic rhyme,
This is a signature, written in good time,
If beauty were criminal this would be a crime,
Thank you for reading this poem of mine.
Nidhogg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2013 6:57:39 PM
At 2/14/2013 6:45:37 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Ditto.

I know right! Especially Maikuru, hate that guy.
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 4:41:49 AM
16k and Koopin are tied after the first night of voting.

Also, 129.171.233.x is impersonating 16k in the comments with gaybashing comments. Let's stay away from that, eh?
Vidi, vici, veni.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 6:06:07 AM
At 2/14/2013 6:07:42 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
durrrr
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 6:11:42 AM
At 2/15/2013 6:06:07 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
durrrr

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 7:25:59 AM
At 2/15/2013 6:06:07 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
durrrr

Ahh...Buddamoose. Our resident inverted hulk. Still flexing your boy-muscles I see. I figured you would have changed your avatar to a close-up of your tattoo, since you claim that this is the purpose of your awkward pose.

The Hall of Fame, by the way, isn't supposed to overshadow the existing user-sponsored forum HOF.
I said that I wished DDO would host a Hall of fame...as in...official Juggle add-on, with merits, profile inclusion and even an accolades section (kind of like military ribbons and medals).
The DDOE Hall of fame is just expanding on the site, until site expands itself.
If you're not interested, why come here to antagonize the project. Weren't you just fluffing YYW when he asked me to behave more adult-like?
Vidi, vici, veni.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 12:19:15 PM
Not voting. There's a list of candidates of whom none of which I support, and none of which were chosen at all by a fair reading of people. It is basically "these are my favourites. Who do you agree with most?"

Do a write-in, not a "tick a box" poll.

Also, if you didn't like any candidates, join an "abstain" vote here. If it gets the majority, it clearly delegitimises any result.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 12:49:48 PM
At 2/15/2013 12:19:15 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Not voting. There's a list of candidates of whom none of which I support, and none of which were chosen at all by a fair reading of people. It is basically "these are my favourites. Who do you agree with most?"

Also, if you didn't like any candidates, join an "abstain" vote here. If it gets the majority, it clearly delegitimises any result.

It wasn't a favoritism pick. You're complaining for the sheer thrill of instigation. As I said, if you don't want to be part of the process, excuse yourself.
Vidi, vici, veni.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 1:02:11 PM
At 2/15/2013 12:49:48 PM, Heineken wrote:

It wasn't a favoritism pick. You're complaining for the sheer thrill of instigation. As I said, if you don't want to be part of the process, excuse yourself.

Additionally, the whole concept of public nay-saying is suspicious. If you have questions about how the candidates are picked, PM me.

Furthermore, popularity based voting is a piss poor method of nomination. The Hall of Fame is based on accomplishment, not your personal favorites.
While there are others with higher stats, they are either inactive for periods exceeding weeks to months, uninterested or otherwise ineligible. These three are picked based on stats (which is earned), forum contribution, veteran status, voter interest in debates, or exceptional achievement, such as undefeated status (Maikuru). Each of the candidates are leaders in their own respect. If I had made this a public nomination ballot, the site would have voted for a prom-king, not an exceptional member.

You have three very talented members, and publicly denouncing their nomination is just plain trashy.

Have a little tact.
Vidi, vici, veni.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 1:14:12 PM
At 2/15/2013 1:02:11 PM, Heineken wrote:

Additionally, the whole concept of public nay-saying is suspicious. If you have questions about how the candidates are picked, PM me.

Why cant you just explain it here?

Furthermore, popularity based voting is a piss poor method of nomination. The Hall of Fame is based on accomplishment, not your personal favorites. While there are others with higher stats, they are either inactive for periods exceeding weeks to months, uninterested or otherwise ineligible. These three are picked based on stats (which is earned), forum contribution, veteran status, voter interest in debates, or exceptional achievement, such as undefeated status (Maikuru). Each of the candidates are leaders in their own respect. If I had made this a public nomination ballot, the site would have voted for a prom-king, not an exceptional member.

Which discriminates against me! How am I supposed to get into the DDOE Hall of Fame now!?!?!?

You have three very talented members, and publicly denouncing their nomination is just plain trashy. Have a little tact.

How did you pick these three again?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 1:19:28 PM

lol sounds a lot like when you wouldn't let people into the Debating League because you didn't like the resolutions they debated.

Seriously, though, I wouldn't vote for me either and I'll be damned if I vote for 16k! Koopin's cool =)
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 1:25:19 PM
Looks like Rationalmadman compromised the entire election.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 1:35:08 PM
At 2/15/2013 1:14:12 PM, imabench wrote:

Why cant you just explain it here?
Look below...

Furthermore, popularity based voting is a piss poor method of nomination. The Hall of Fame is based on accomplishment, not your personal favorites. While there are others with higher stats, they are either inactive for periods exceeding weeks to months, uninterested or otherwise ineligible. These three are picked based on stats (which is earned), forum contribution, veteran status, voter interest in debates, or exceptional achievement, such as undefeated status (Maikuru). Each of the candidates are leaders in their own respect. If I had made this a public nomination ballot, the site would have voted for a prom-king, not an exceptional member.

Which discriminates against me! How am I supposed to get into the DDOE Hall of Fame now!?!?!?

You're a tentative conflict of interest, having association with the DDOE. Nominating you would create havoc and protest.

You have three very talented members, and publicly denouncing their nomination is just plain trashy. Have a little tact.

The top percentiles are Danielle, You (Ineligible), then 16k. Hence, his nomination.
The highest undefeated score belongs to Maikuru.

The final nomination was based on active veteran status. Nomination required an ELO greater than 4500, to ensure it remained about talented veterans. Any veterans who haven't logged in within the last week got automatically eliminated. It was a toss up between Grape and Koopin.

Both members are 3 year veterans and ranked fairly equal (Grape ranked a bit higher), but Koopin's activity on DDO exceeded Grape's by 11:1. Koopin has an incredible 11,000+ forum contributions vs Grape's 900. Koopin was selected for the veteran slot.
Vidi, vici, veni.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 1:36:17 PM
At 2/15/2013 1:25:19 PM, imabench wrote:
Looks like Rationalmadman compromised the entire election.....

I tracked his IP. I know how many votes to subtract. He logged on from a library computer. They all have the same IP nomenclature.
Vidi, vici, veni.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 1:42:26 PM
At 2/15/2013 1:35:08 PM, Heineken wrote:

You're a tentative conflict of interest, having association with the DDOE. Nominating you would create havoc and protest.

Whats so bad about havoc and protest??? Havoc and protest are the only reasons whay anybody even pays attention to whats going on in the Middle East, and havoc and protest by soccer fans are the only things that can make soccer watchable!

The top percentiles are Danielle, You (Ineligible), then 16k. Hence, his nomination.

How am I ineligible and how in the f*ck did you pick 16kadams OVER DANIELLE???

fair enough

The final nomination was based on active veteran status. Nomination required an ELO greater than 4500, to ensure it remained about talented veterans. Any veterans who haven't logged in within the last week got automatically eliminated. It was a toss up between Grape and Koopin.

Where the Hell was RoyLatham in this equation!?!?!? HES ELO IS OVER 7000. Hell Thett3 has an Elo of over 5000 and hes on here more then I am!

Both members are 3 year veterans and ranked fairly equal (Grape ranked a bit higher), but Koopin's activity on DDO exceeded Grape's by 11:1. Koopin has an incredible 11,000+ forum contributions vs Grape's 900. Koopin was selected for the veteran slot.

Well Im voting for Maikuru because hes clearly the only one who should even be eligible on the ballot in the first place

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 1:47:46 PM
At 2/15/2013 1:42:26 PM, imabench wrote:
At 2/15/2013 1:35:08 PM, Heineken wrote:

Whats so bad about havoc and protest??? Havoc and protest are the only reasons whay anybody even pays attention to whats going on in the Middle East, and havoc and protest by soccer fans are the only things that can make soccer watchable!

......Dude...she's already in the Hall of Fame, so is Roy... (????)....smokin' that sh*t?

fair enough

Where the Hell was RoyLatham in this equation!?!?!? HES ELO IS OVER 7000. Hell Thett3 has an Elo of over 5000 and hes on here more then I am!

Thett is a 1 year veteran. The oldest account with the highest ELO and recent activity belong to grape and koopin.

Well Im voting for Maikuru because hes clearly the only one who should even be eligible on the ballot in the first place

I haven't been his discouraged since the morbidly obese truckstop hooker turned down a 100 dollar bathroom quicky because "I wasn't her type
". Thanks Bench.
Vidi, vici, veni.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 1:53:01 PM
At 2/15/2013 1:47:46 PM, Heineken wrote:

......Dude...she's already in the Hall of Fame, so is Roy... (????)....smokin' that sh*t?

So wait you con only be in one hall of fame then?

Thett is a 1 year veteran. The oldest account with the highest ELO and recent activity belong to grape and koopin.

You just dont like Thett cause hes black.... amirite?

I haven't been his discouraged since the morbidly obese truckstop hooker turned down a 100 dollar bathroom quicky because "I wasn't her type". Thanks Bench.

If you want to get some a** just change your name to bench, its that easy

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 2:02:03 PM
At 2/15/2013 1:53:01 PM, imabench wrote:
At 2/15/2013 1:47:46 PM, Heineken wrote:

So wait you con only be in one hall of fame then?

I only host one.
What other hall of fame would this be about?

You just dont like Thett cause hes black.... amirite?
Yes....that, and he's not the oldest active veteran.

I haven't been his discouraged since the morbidly obese truckstop hooker turned down a 100 dollar bathroom quicky because "I wasn't her type". Thanks Bench.

If you want to get some a** just change your name to bench, its that easy

Benches get old man a**. Especially between 7 am and 3 pm, when it's time to feed the ducks at the park.
Vidi, vici, veni.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 2:15:39 PM
Hold on,

Which hall of fame is this whole process for, the one on your blog or the one for the DDOE Wiki page?

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 2:43:03 PM
At 2/15/2013 2:15:39 PM, imabench wrote:
Hold on,

Which hall of fame is this whole process for, the one on your blog or the one for the DDOE Wiki page?

The Blog. The wiki isn't a HOF. It's a standard wiki and it really isn't mine. I just put it on my server. Anyone can create content for it.
This is strictly for this location:
http://www.ddoelite.com...
Vidi, vici, veni.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2013 2:45:48 PM
At 2/15/2013 2:43:03 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 2/15/2013 2:15:39 PM, imabench wrote:
Hold on,

The Blog. The wiki isn't a HOF. It's a standard wiki and it really isn't mine. I just put it on my server. Anyone can create content for it.
This is strictly for this location:
http://www.ddoelite.com...

There is a drop down menu on the top right corner, which selects the Hall.
There is the Generic Hall of Fame, the DDO Record Holder, Weekly Stupid Seasonal Champion and a blacklist for people who have a lifetime ban from the HOF.
Vidi, vici, veni.