Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

A list of suggestions for DDO

dylancatlow
Posts: 13,016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 2:17:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1) Make an option to allow people to make voters spend a minimum amount of time reading a debate before they are allowed to vote. It doesn't have to be long, but enough to deter people who barely read, vote bombers, or any combination.

2) Change the global warming exists prompt to 'man-made' global warming exists

3) Update the advanced options for debate set-up to change the "Number of win" -bands to that level or above. For instance, currently, I can't set it to only allow 20 or MORE debates, it has to be a band of wins, which is useless.

4) Implement an instant chat box on debates for people to discuss the issue in real time, as an addition to the comment box.

5) Make an option for video debates.
"In case anyone hasn't noticed it, the West is in extremis. The undertaker is checking his watch at the foot of its bed, and there's a sinister kettle of croaking, money-feathered vultures on the roof."
dylancatlow
Posts: 13,016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 2:22:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
An addition to the video debate would be live-streaming debates, where people can comment in real time, and vote at the end.
"In case anyone hasn't noticed it, the West is in extremis. The undertaker is checking his watch at the foot of its bed, and there's a sinister kettle of croaking, money-feathered vultures on the roof."
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 4:24:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
inb4 there's a thread for that.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 5:20:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Do you even go through the other forums?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 8:29:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
A time limit would be stupid.

You could just tab over and leave the debate up if you didn't want to read it.
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 9:00:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2013 8:29:27 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
A time limit would be stupid.

You could just tab over and leave the debate up if you didn't want to read it.

Yes, but most votebombers wouldn't want to go through all that just to vote.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
dylancatlow
Posts: 13,016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 11:49:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2013 8:29:27 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
A time limit would be stupid.

You could just tab over and leave the debate up if you didn't want to read it.

You can read up on my argument against this nonsensical argument. I never claimed that this solution would completely solve the problem, nor do I expect myself to.
"In case anyone hasn't noticed it, the West is in extremis. The undertaker is checking his watch at the foot of its bed, and there's a sinister kettle of croaking, money-feathered vultures on the roof."
dylancatlow
Posts: 13,016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2013 11:51:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2013 4:24:23 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
inb4 there's a thread for that.

Pardon?
"In case anyone hasn't noticed it, the West is in extremis. The undertaker is checking his watch at the foot of its bed, and there's a sinister kettle of croaking, money-feathered vultures on the roof."
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2013 12:24:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2013 11:49:38 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/16/2013 8:29:27 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
A time limit would be stupid.

You could just tab over and leave the debate up if you didn't want to read it.

You can read up on my argument against this nonsensical argument. I never claimed that this solution would completely solve the problem, nor do I expect myself to.

This isn't a nonsensical argument. I honestly don't think a time limit would do anything except cause this site to drag. People who want to read debates are going to read them, those who don't aren't. We don't need a timer to tell us who is who.
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
dylancatlow
Posts: 13,016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2013 12:49:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2013 12:24:39 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/16/2013 11:49:38 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/16/2013 8:29:27 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
A time limit would be stupid.

You could just tab over and leave the debate up if you didn't want to read it.

You can read up on my argument against this nonsensical argument. I never claimed that this solution would completely solve the problem, nor do I expect myself to.

This isn't a nonsensical argument. I honestly don't think a time limit would do anything except cause this site to drag. People who want to read debates are going to read them, those who don't aren't. We don't need a timer to tell us who is who.

First of all, you assume this timer would 'drag' anyone that has legitimate merits to vote when it's specifically designed, and reasonably conceived, it wouldn't. Provide a legitimate argument against this idea.
"In case anyone hasn't noticed it, the West is in extremis. The undertaker is checking his watch at the foot of its bed, and there's a sinister kettle of croaking, money-feathered vultures on the roof."
dylancatlow
Posts: 13,016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2013 1:05:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2013 12:49:15 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/17/2013 12:24:39 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/16/2013 11:49:38 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/16/2013 8:29:27 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
A time limit would be stupid.

You could just tab over and leave the debate up if you didn't want to read it.

You can read up on my argument against this nonsensical argument. I never claimed that this solution would completely solve the problem, nor do I expect myself to.

This isn't a nonsensical argument. I honestly don't think a time limit would do anything except cause this site to drag. People who want to read debates are going to read them, those who don't aren't. We don't need a timer to tell us who is who.

First of all, you assume this timer would 'drag' anyone that has legitimate merits to vote when it's specifically designed, and reasonably conceived, it wouldn't. Provide a legitimate argument against this idea.

By 'conceived,' I meant thought.
"In case anyone hasn't noticed it, the West is in extremis. The undertaker is checking his watch at the foot of its bed, and there's a sinister kettle of croaking, money-feathered vultures on the roof."
famer
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2013 1:53:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/16/2013 11:51:28 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/16/2013 4:24:23 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
inb4 there's a thread for that.

Pardon?

If you hadn't bothered to read, this is the threat to talk about these things:

http://debate.org...
abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc abc
dylancatlow
Posts: 13,016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2013 2:10:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2013 1:53:19 AM, famer wrote:
At 2/16/2013 11:51:28 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/16/2013 4:24:23 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
inb4 there's a thread for that.

Pardon?

If you hadn't bothered to read, this is the threat to talk about these things:

http://debate.org...

That is the last place I'd put anything that I want to get implemented; complete white noise.
"In case anyone hasn't noticed it, the West is in extremis. The undertaker is checking his watch at the foot of its bed, and there's a sinister kettle of croaking, money-feathered vultures on the roof."
imabench
Posts: 21,779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2013 10:41:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2013 2:10:56 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/17/2013 1:53:19 AM, famer wrote:
At 2/16/2013 11:51:28 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/16/2013 4:24:23 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
inb4 there's a thread for that.

Pardon?

If you hadn't bothered to read, this is the threat to talk about these things:

http://debate.org...

That is the last place I'd put anything that I want to get implemented; complete white noise.

90% of what you post is white noise...
Latest person trolled to death by Imabench: http://www.debate.org...

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
dylancatlow
Posts: 13,016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2013 10:47:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2013 10:41:18 AM, imabench wrote:
At 2/17/2013 2:10:56 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/17/2013 1:53:19 AM, famer wrote:
At 2/16/2013 11:51:28 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/16/2013 4:24:23 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
inb4 there's a thread for that.

Pardon?

If you hadn't bothered to read, this is the threat to talk about these things:

http://debate.org...

That is the last place I'd put anything that I want to get implemented; complete white noise.

90% of what you post is white noise...

I'd have to disagree. If we're equating 'white noise' with getting something implemented, I'd have to say it's at LEAST 100%.
"In case anyone hasn't noticed it, the West is in extremis. The undertaker is checking his watch at the foot of its bed, and there's a sinister kettle of croaking, money-feathered vultures on the roof."
imabench
Posts: 21,779
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2013 11:47:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2013 10:47:49 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/17/2013 10:41:18 AM, imabench wrote:
At 2/17/2013 2:10:56 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/17/2013 1:53:19 AM, famer wrote:
At 2/16/2013 11:51:28 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/16/2013 4:24:23 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
inb4 there's a thread for that.

Pardon?

If you hadn't bothered to read, this is the threat to talk about these things:

http://debate.org...

That is the last place I'd put anything that I want to get implemented; complete white noise.

90% of what you post is white noise...

I'd have to disagree. If we're equating 'white noise' with getting something implemented, I'd have to say it's at LEAST 100%.

^ Its stuff like that which leads people to believe that youre a dumba**, you realize that yes? You havent had ANYTHING implemented and that likely wont change.
Latest person trolled to death by Imabench: http://www.debate.org...

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
dylancatlow
Posts: 13,016
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2013 1:18:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/17/2013 11:47:16 AM, imabench wrote:
At 2/17/2013 10:47:49 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/17/2013 10:41:18 AM, imabench wrote:
At 2/17/2013 2:10:56 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/17/2013 1:53:19 AM, famer wrote:
At 2/16/2013 11:51:28 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 2/16/2013 4:24:23 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
inb4 there's a thread for that.

Pardon?

If you hadn't bothered to read, this is the threat to talk about these things:

http://debate.org...

That is the last place I'd put anything that I want to get implemented; complete white noise.

90% of what you post is white noise...

I'd have to disagree. If we're equating 'white noise' with getting something implemented, I'd have to say it's at LEAST 100%.

^ Its stuff like that which leads people to believe that youre a dumba**, you realize that yes? You havent had ANYTHING implemented and that likely wont change.

you misunderstood me in exactly the opposite way.
"In case anyone hasn't noticed it, the West is in extremis. The undertaker is checking his watch at the foot of its bed, and there's a sinister kettle of croaking, money-feathered vultures on the roof."