Current stats for DDO

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 2:16:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/24/2013 2:13:06 AM, The_Chaos_Heart wrote:
Could you explain what the different colours stand for? I didn't notice any form of key on your graphs.

Thank you, that was something that was explained back when I first started doing these.

The three lines on each graph (except for voting rates) represent... daily numbers, 7 day averages, and 30 day averages. Voting rates does not have the daily numbers, just the averages.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 2:26:56 AM
More debates with fewer votes...total; necessarily meaning each debate gets even fewer votes! Major ut-oh for debate.org
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 2:29:22 AM
Perhaps DDO could implement something along the lines of what yahoo answers does: require people to be active in order to do things which require others to do the same.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 9:34:01 AM
Just one big blur to me. But cudos for the effort.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 9:52:10 AM
DDO I fine, there will always be periods of activity and inactivity.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 9:52:28 AM
At 2/24/2013 9:52:10 AM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Is*
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 10:35:54 AM
At 2/24/2013 9:52:10 AM, 1Historygenius wrote:

That would be fine if the number of debates followed suit.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 11:13:18 AM
In case anyone has a hard time seeing the time frame (like if you are on an iPad or iPhone), all graphs run from 6/2011 (the beginning of Innomen's first term) to about 4 days ago.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 11:25:33 AM
I think that a lack of votes could be causing a drop in the number of debates. If people end up not winning after a lot of effort due to no one voting on their debates it tends to dissuade them.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 11:27:33 AM
At 2/24/2013 11:25:33 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
I think that a lack of votes could be causing a drop in the number of debates. If people end up not winning after a lot of effort due to no one voting on their debates it tends to dissuade them.

This is why I no longer do serious debates.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 3:38:51 PM
I liked it better the old way. It was more like the real world. You had to deal with vote bombers and everything just like in real life. People could vote anomynously and not give reasons, just like in real life. I don't vote very often mainly because I have to have a mini debate about my vote, it isn't worth it. I just vote for debates with a forfeit round that way I don't have to have some endless debate about why I voted the way I did.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 3:56:23 PM
Awesome. It seems most things are improving over the temporary exodus of members, except votes.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 6:06:43 PM
At 2/24/2013 11:25:33 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

But the number of debates isn't going down?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 6:40:30 PM
At 2/24/2013 3:38:51 PM, sadolite wrote:
I liked it better the old way. It was more like the real world. You had to deal with vote bombers and everything just like in real life. People could vote anomynously and not give reasons, just like in real life. I don't vote very often mainly because I have to have a mini debate about my vote, it isn't worth it. I just vote for debates with a forfeit round that way I don't have to have some endless debate about why I voted the way I did.

Well, you don't have to. You can completely ignore anyone that says "hey, I don't like your vote!"
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 6:51:16 PM
At 2/24/2013 6:40:30 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Well, you don't have to. You can completely ignore anyone that says "hey, I don't like your vote!"

You have to type something or you can't submit a vote. I suppose I could just ignore the person or just type a bunch of letters untill the letter or word count is reached but that would only be a poor reflection on my character and endless accusations of vote bombing. And doing that only means that is a highly flawed way of doing it. Still not worth it. Just vote anonymous and take your vote bombs like a man or woman. That is how it will be in real life. If you can get people to like you, they will vote for you no matter how bad you suck at debating. That is flawed too. But it saves the flame wars and accusations.

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2013 6:53:52 PM
At 2/24/2013 6:51:16 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/24/2013 6:40:30 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

You have to type something or you can't submit a vote. I suppose I could just ignore the person or just type a bunch of letters untill the letter or word count is reached but that would only be a poor reflection on my character and endless accusations of vote bombing. And doing that only means that is a highly flawed way of doing it. Still not worth it. Just vote anonymous and take your vote bombs like a man or woman. That is how it will be in real life. If you can get people to like you, they will vote for you no matter how bad you suck at debating. That is flawed too. But it saves the flame wars and accusations.

No, you still provide an RFD as you normally would, explaining why you voted as you did. However, when people say "your vote is bias" you just ignore them.