Jump to topic:

Homage to Top Debaters

Anaxa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 2:05:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
As I survey this site, there are many debaters that stand out as pretty good, some get a high ranking simply because they debate easy issues with low ranking folks. Other people just simply get more votes because they're creative.

Who do you think are the best debaters in terms of hard topics and competition against other tough debaters?

In other words, who here is worthy of our respect?

http://debate.org...
"The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us; and I for one must be content to remain an agnostic." -Darwin
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 3:48:11 PM
Everyone knows who they are already. They're Danielle, Kleptin, Serk, Roy, Grape, Bluesteel, J.Kenyon, etc.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 3:51:20 PM
Everyone who contributes to DDO in any way without insulting and marginalizing fellow members is worthy of the same respect as the top debaters
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Anaxa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 3:52:29 PM
At 2/28/2013 3:51:20 PM, sadolite wrote:
Everyone who contributes to DDO in any way without insulting and marginalizing fellow members is worthy of the same respect as the top debaters

I fully agree with this.
"The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us; and I for one must be content to remain an agnostic." -Darwin
Anaxa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 3:53:11 PM
At 2/28/2013 3:48:11 PM, Noumena wrote:
Everyone knows who they are already. They're Danielle, Kleptin, Serk, Roy, Grape, Bluesteel, J.Kenyon, etc.

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. There are debaters on here who simply participate in forums and would probably destroy those folks.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 3:54:21 PM

No, because some people contribute more than others. Making a few good points and not being a d!ck =/= instant high respect. You have to do something more substantial to earn it.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 3:59:15 PM
At 2/28/2013 3:53:11 PM, Anaxa wrote:

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. There are debaters on here who simply participate in forums and would probably destroy those folks.

I can't really think of any. I'm sure the aforementioned debaters can lose debates but I don't see anyone "out of their league" per se. Have anyone in mind?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Anaxa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 4:04:51 PM
At 2/28/2013 3:59:15 PM, Noumena wrote:

I can't really think of any. I'm sure the aforementioned debaters can lose debates but I don't see anyone "out of their league" per se. Have anyone in mind?

Polaris is a good example.
Anaxa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 4:06:02 PM
At 2/28/2013 3:54:21 PM, Kinesis wrote:

No, because some people contribute more than others. Making a few good points and not being a d!ck =/= instant high respect. You have to do something more substantial to earn it.

I guess that's true, yeah. Doing good is better than doing no evil. I get ya.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 4:07:13 PM
Can't forget about this http://debate.org...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Anaxa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 4:11:25 PM
At 2/28/2013 4:07:13 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Yeah, that thing's awesome.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 4:46:12 PM
At 2/28/2013 4:11:25 PM, Anaxa wrote:

indeed, I took me a while to get to the 99.72 percentile

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 4:50:28 PM
At 2/28/2013 4:48:04 PM, TUF wrote:
Roylatham, Imabench, and Danielle

Anaxa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 4:53:02 PM
At 2/28/2013 4:46:12 PM, lannan13 wrote:

You know you can click on the headings and manipulate basically the excel in that way? ... I didn't know that at first.
Anaxa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 4:53:23 PM
At 2/28/2013 4:48:04 PM, TUF wrote:
Roylatham.

Homage to Roylatham!
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 4:56:27 PM
At 2/28/2013 4:53:02 PM, Anaxa wrote:

You know you can click on the headings and manipulate basically the excel in that way? ... I didn't know that at first.

Took me awhile to figure that out too. XD

Anaxa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 5:07:56 PM

Also SideWalker

http://debate.org...
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 6:57:50 PM
I think it's important to emphasize more strongly the dependence of debating ability on subject: there are some debaters who, despite having a high win ratio against competent opponents, restrain themselves largely to debating either a single subject or a narrow domain of issues (e.g., abortion, theism); conversely, there are some who sport a lower win ratio while nevertheless demonstrating an eclectic inventory of interests. That said, there are therefore some debaters it makes little sense to compare insofar as their interests diverge. Beyond a particular (arbitrarily defined) threshold of skill, then, the best we can do is place them in a constellation without trying to determine who is "better" (which renders dubious--if not meaningless--the claim that there are forum participants who would "probably destroy" the top debaters).
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 8:41:47 PM
At 2/28/2013 4:56:27 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 2/28/2013 4:53:02 PM, Anaxa wrote:

Took me awhile to figure that out too. XD

Well, I guess I'm the last to cross the finish line on this one XD

Hmm, when you click "Win Ratio", I'm the highest and Maikuru is on the bottom half of the list. What gives? He's more undefeated than I am, shouldn't he be at the top?
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2013 10:45:07 PM
At 2/28/2013 3:52:29 PM, Anaxa wrote:

I fully agree with this.

+1

Off the top of my head, I particularly like:
Roylatham
Airmax
Ore_Ele
J.Kenyon
KRfourier
Popculturepolka
InquireTruth.
16kadam - especially considering the fact that he's only 15 (joined at 14). He's great already, & has a lot of potential.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Anaxa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 8:58:46 AM
At 2/28/2013 6:57:50 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I think it's important to emphasize more strongly the dependence of debating ability on subject: there are some debaters who, despite having a high win ratio against competent opponents, restrain themselves largely to debating either a single subject or a narrow domain of issues (e.g., abortion, theism); conversely, there are some who sport a lower win ratio while nevertheless demonstrating an eclectic inventory of interests. That said, there are therefore some debaters it makes little sense to compare insofar as their interests diverge. Beyond a particular (arbitrarily defined) threshold of skill, then, the best we can do is place them in a constellation without trying to determine who is "better" (which renders dubious--if not meaningless--the claim that there are forum participants who would "probably destroy" the top debaters).

Well said!
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2013 2:07:29 AM

Raisor.