Mafia University

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 6:49:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Mafia University
Want to know what this strange, oddly compelling game mafia is? Know what mafia is but wish to bone up on your skills? Mafia University is the place for you!

You will be put through a boot-camp of four mafia games. Each game is designed to teach you the basics of mafia in a progressive fashion, leading up to the themed games that predominate DDO Mafia.

http://debate.org...
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 7:18:14 PM
This is an amazing idea. Way to go, bro
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2013 10:42:42 AM
A post, to help drafters cause.

Have you ever:

Wondered what mafia and all the hype behind it is, but never felt you had the time to explore into a bit more?
Figured that this was a site for debate, rather than silly games?
Thought the concept was too confusing, and gave up on trying to figure it out?

Welcome to the wonderful world of mafia. I will try and solve the problems to these questions.

The first big reason that a lot of people don't want to play mafia, is because they have committments to debates, and find a lot of interest in forum debate with their peers.
If you love to forum debate, and use your powers of persuasion to get others to think the same way as you do, than my friends, mafia is the perfect opportunity for you. The theme of the game is to try to find suspicious players, who you feel are hiding something. BY using your power of persuasion, you can help win the game for your team! If you are in fact mafia, the same works the other way around. You have to use persuasive skills to mis-leading others into believing you are in fact town.
The second reason people don't play mafia, is because they come to this site to use their debate skills, rather than to play games.
You will find that in mafia, the game centers widely around using your debate skills and arguing with others. In fact sometimes it can get rather heated! Just what you people love!
The last concern is that people feel the game is confusing. This is a rather simple solution. Drafterman and others actually hold quite a few beginner games, fairly frequently. Quickfire mafia is also a pretty easy and quick way to learn. If you have any questions about mafia, ask any of the veteran players who would be more than willing to answer any questions you have, myself included.

Hope to see you join the cult soon!

Love, TUF.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
kingkd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 8:18:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/2/2013 10:42:42 AM, TUF wrote:
A post, to help drafters cause.

Have you ever:

Wondered what mafia and all the hype behind it is, but never felt you had the time to explore into a bit more?
Figured that this was a site for debate, rather than silly games?
Thought the concept was too confusing, and gave up on trying to figure it out?

Welcome to the wonderful world of mafia. I will try and solve the problems to these questions.

The first big reason that a lot of people don't want to play mafia, is because they have committments to debates, and find a lot of interest in forum debate with their peers.
If you love to forum debate, and use your powers of persuasion to get others to think the same way as you do, than my friends, mafia is the perfect opportunity for you. The theme of the game is to try to find suspicious players, who you feel are hiding something. BY using your power of persuasion, you can help win the game for your team! If you are in fact mafia, the same works the other way around. You have to use persuasive skills to mis-leading others into believing you are in fact town.
The second reason people don't play mafia, is because they come to this site to use their debate skills, rather than to play games.
You will find that in mafia, the game centers widely around using your debate skills and arguing with others. In fact sometimes it can get rather heated! Just what you people love!
The last concern is that people feel the game is confusing. This is a rather simple solution. Drafterman and others actually hold quite a few beginner games, fairly frequently. Quickfire mafia is also a pretty easy and quick way to learn. If you have any questions about mafia, ask any of the veteran players who would be more than willing to answer any questions you have, myself included.

Hope to see you join the cult soon!

Love, TUF.

Ok may I try
The Constitution is just a damn piece of paper
-Barack Obama
"I actually support ...the Spanish inquisition, the murder of natives and so much more."
airmax1227
"Water is wet."
airmax1227