Josh Is GONE!!!!!!

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 3:41:54 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
http://www.debate.org...
He has been banned. Its officially VOD day (victory on debate.org). I suggest for now the cleaners disband, but keep an eye out for suspicious individuals incase Josh is merely ducking out of sight for a while!
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 4:34:43 PM
Until he makes more accounts.

The Cleaners = leaving reasons for their votes

Not

The Cleaners = last defense against josh
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 7:09:58 PM
As Mr. Bobhands (or perhaps you prefer Mr. Handsbob?) points out, Josh will likely be back with a number of new accounts that he can vote all over again on all debates he has messed with.

Also, the cleaners are there to help debaters learn from their debates - and also to increase voter turnout on debates so that most debates get more than two or three voters.
Dnick94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 7:52:09 PM
At 11/10/2008 7:09:58 PM, JBlake wrote:
As Mr. Bobhands (or perhaps you prefer Mr. Handsbob?) points out, Josh will likely be back with a number of new accounts that he can vote all over again on all debates he has messed with.

Well, Josh isn't here yet, because all his accounts are closed. Vote bombing is a pointless technique of Josh's. Why would he come back? He's not going to be socially accepted by many people. Won't the moderators just ban him again?
"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them."
-Albert Einstein
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 8:03:00 PM
At 11/10/2008 7:52:09 PM, Dnick94 wrote:

Well, Josh isn't here yet, because all his accounts are closed. Vote bombing is a pointless technique of Josh's. Why would he come back? He's not going to be socially accepted by many people. Won't the moderators just ban him again?

It has always been a pointles technique.
He has come back before.
Apparently they will bann him, it just takes several weeks and several hundreds of effected debates.

I do hope that this signifies a new policy of the mods, though.
Johnicle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 8:38:35 PM
lol... oh where this site has gone. Josh has become the person all the village people fear and the CWO and the Cleaners have become like the Republicans and Democrats. I enjoy all the drama (at least when it's online) but it has seemed to pushed people away more than it has attracted them to the site. I like the new site better than the last but I must say that I enjoyed myself on the site better during v.2. It seems all of the members have driven Phil crazy and now he's selling the site on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com...|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Personally I think it's a mistake. Phil is the only webmaster that I have seen that actually gets to know his members. Certainly Josh is a dick, but by everyone getting involved against him it started a war and thus the problems. Well, I hope everyone will enjoy the website moving likely no where from here.
Dnick94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 8:46:32 PM
At 11/10/2008 8:03:00 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 11/10/2008 7:52:09 PM, Dnick94 wrote:

It has always been a pointles technique.
He has come back before.
Apparently they will bann him, it just takes several weeks and several hundreds of effected debates.

I do hope that this signifies a new policy of the mods, though.

To him, vote bombing seems like a religion.
He has come back once but he didn't come back yet as in the present.
IP address ban doesn't seem like a way to get rid of Josh. Maybe it did worked like his first account was made but he found a way out of that.

New policy: how about this? Since we can't IP address ban him, why don't we have a test for any new voter? Given Josh's intelligence, I'm pretty sure that he won't pass.
-Albert Einstein
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 8:53:22 PM
At 11/10/2008 8:38:35 PM, Johnicle wrote:
lol... oh where this site has gone. Josh has become the person all the village people fear and the CWO and the Cleaners have become like the Republicans and Democrats. I enjoy all the drama (at least when it's online) but it has seemed to pushed people away more than it has attracted them to the site. I like the new site better than the last but I must say that I enjoyed myself on the site better during v.2. It seems all of the members have driven Phil crazy and now he's selling the site on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com...|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Personally I think it's a mistake. Phil is the only webmaster that I have seen that actually gets to know his members. Certainly Josh is a dick, but by everyone getting involved against him it started a war and thus the problems. Well, I hope everyone will enjoy the website moving likely no where from here.

Apparently the official word from Phil is that Crystal is just doing this as a way to gain promotion for the site and thereby increase the hits on this site.

However my intelligence suggests that the corporation Phil works with routinely makes sites and then sells the site to larger corporations for them to use and improve.

I think if the website is sold the only result will be positive.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Dnick94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 8:57:41 PM

Well, no one really likes Josh. Josh has multiple accounts that he can use to vote bomb debates. No one really "fears" Josh, but they are really extremely irritated of him. He cannot be logical reasoned with and will never listen to anybody. Yes, members may have driven Phil crazy, but I think that Phil couldn't fix the problem that Josh created. But if that is not Phil's intent, then he must be tired and want someone else to keep progression rolling. The Republicans and Democrats are separate, but at least they're not trying to fight each other off.
-Albert Einstein
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 9:00:00 PM
Since then, the site has grown to its current position; however WebCorp has taken the site as far as it can at this point. The site is currently generating hundreds of dollars each month and ad revenue via Google AdSense, however for the site to grow beyond its current levels, it needs traffic either funneled from an existing web portal, or from advertising.

I could be very wrong. This could lead up being zillions of new debates with very minimal voting/ community organization.

See the problem is that this site is being used more as a money making machine than a community site. I can see a future with huge amounts of debates with tiny amounts of voting. Personally until a lot of bugs/solutions are added I don't think its the right time to be advertising.
Dnick94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 9:00:50 PM
At 11/10/2008 8:53:22 PM, askbob wrote:

Apparently the official word from Phil is that Crystal is just doing this as a way to gain promotion for the site and thereby increase the hits on this site.

However my intelligence suggests that the corporation Phil works with routinely makes sites and then sells the site to larger corporations for them to use and improve.

I think if the website is sold the only result will be positive.

Not if the intention of the buyer is negative since not all buyers on eBay are positive.
-Albert Einstein
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2008 9:57:27 PM

Johnicle,
I am confident that if this really is the end of it people will come back, and others won't be scared off in as high numbers. This place is actually pretty nice sans-josh.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2008 8:49:40 PM
If Hypocrisy is gone, someone must've taken his place.

My ratio went from 9-2-3 to 6-1-7 within the past 20 minutes.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2008 9:02:31 PM
At 11/12/2008 8:49:40 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
If Hypocrisy is gone, someone must've taken his place.

My ratio went from 9-2-3 to 6-1-7 within the past 20 minutes.

I doubt if he is really gone. He is just keeping quiet to avoid another ban. Seems that all that banning does is allow him to come back with new accounts to vote all over again. You don't seem to be the only one 'hit'.

Some people take themselves too seriously...
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2008 10:15:07 PM
I really could care less if he vote bombs me lol.

It was his idiocy that was clogging the forums that irked me. If he wants to silently vote bomb then its cool with me. I just self tally the explained votes to determine the winner in my debates.
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 9:54:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 7/28/2015 9:16:48 PM, XLAV wrote:
I miss Josh.

Same.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 10:03:57 PM
Oh man what happened did he get banned
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2015 10:14:11 PM
WHO IS JOSH??? Or rather, who WAS JOSH???
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'