Jump to topic:

Does This Happen to You?

SovereignDream
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 8:12:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is it just me, or is typing on DDO at times unwieldy? I find myself just typing only to see that it has somehow not registered. This doesn't occur on any other websites I frequent and it's certainly not a hardware error (I have a new Mac which, as I understand, is supposed to be the best thing since gelato). Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 8:15:25 PM
The problem is that DDO tries to back up what you type as you type it, and it sometimes freezes. You just have to hit the back button on your browser and then hit the forward button, and you should be fine.
SovereignDream
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 8:46:58 PM
At 3/3/2013 8:14:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
No, actually. Could you describe it a little better?

Well, when I start typing, especially at a brisk pace, some key strokes simply don't register. It doesn't happen every time, though it happens frequently enough to make it annoying and make me look like a 2nd grader.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 8:54:39 PM
At 3/3/2013 8:46:58 PM, SovereignDream wrote:
At 3/3/2013 8:14:07 PM, FREEDO wrote:
No, actually. Could you describe it a little better?

Well, when I start typing, especially at a brisk pace, some key strokes simply don't register. It doesn't happen every time, though it happens frequently enough to make it annoying and make me look like a 2nd grader.

That happens to me on many website but it could be my OS.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 9:45:41 PM
Happens to me often, and it happens on different computers. It's a pain. Hitting the page refresh button on the browser often wakes it up.

A workaround is to write using Word or OpenOffice, then paste it into the debate.