Jump to topic:

Petition for thelwerd....

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 9:56:43 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
If you would like to see her come back please let ddo admin know here on this petition...

I for one would like to see her back
Danny
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 10:06:17 PM
All desperate nerds report.

Reporting in.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 10:19:06 PM
Absolutely!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 10:21:32 PM
Count me in.

And PoeJoe, I saw what she wrote, and it was nothing worthy of being banned. The others who've gotten banned usually have duplicate accounts and stuff. A little rant is hardly deserving.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 10:21:33 PM
At 11/6/2009 10:17:53 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
1337, s0m31john, crackofdawn, and a few others didn't get this treatment. >_>

List,if you will, the differences between those you have named and theLwerd.

Wait. Stop. I think you have it by now on what you've listed by now. If you don't you don't belong on the internet.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 10:24:30 PM
At 11/6/2009 10:17:53 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
1337, s0m31john, crackofdawn, and a few others didn't get this treatment. >_>

I did not know them or i would have...
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 10:46:29 PM
At 11/6/2009 10:21:32 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Count me in.

And PoeJoe, I saw what she wrote, and it was nothing worthy of being banned. The others who've gotten banned usually have duplicate accounts and stuff. A little rant is hardly deserving.

crackofdawn only made a minor joke against the owner, something like "philcantsuethisdomainname.com" or something like that.

s0m31john, to my knowledge, didn't do anything at all, though he had his account quickly reinstated.

But I hadn't factored in Ragnar's argument. Good point. Makes sense now.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 11:07:47 PM
At 11/6/2009 10:46:29 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 11/6/2009 10:21:32 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Count me in.

crackofdawn only made a minor joke against the owner, something like "philcantsuethisdomainname.com" or something like that.

s0m31john, to my knowledge, didn't do anything at all, though he had his account quickly reinstated.

But I hadn't factored in Ragnar's argument. Good point. Makes sense now.

Oh really? I was unaware of those situations. I agree, all those situations are equally unjust.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 11:22:42 PM
Yo, it's me.

Well, I got an e-mail saying that I was being warned for this comment:

"Mongeese - WTF is your problem? Why are you such a d1ck to me? Seriously. I would like to know what crawled up yours and your brother's @ss and died. I can smell it from here. I've done absolutely nothing to warrant your douche bag behavior, so please STFU. For your information, no, I did not shy away from this debate for a lack of argument. In fact, I could have easily won this debate (well, aside from the fact that you and others have been vote bombing me). I didn't post an argument because quite frankly the topic didn't interest me enough to post one in time. I accepted the challenge thinking I'd get to it later, and simply never did. Unlike a lot of people here, I do have a life outside of DDO (and responsibilities to boot). Please don't assume that I backed out for any other reason than pure laziness or lack of interest. You're only making yourself look like a jerk off. Thanks."

Even though the e-mail from Customer Support said it was a warning, I have technically been warned before regarding a comment from one of my Rap Battles. The e-mail cited me breaking the TOS under the implication that I offended another member. Honestly, I think that's BS -- One needs only to browse the forums or debates to see incessant rudeness from one member to another. Sure, that comment was a bit nasty but it was in response to a recent plethora of unnecessary taunting by a certain someone(s). Looking back, it was immature of me to sound so pissed; they're just children and I should know better than to entertain their stupidity.

That said, it's super juvenile of them to report me (again - they're kids, so I can't expect anything more). I responded by saying that I accepted the warning... dunno what'll happen. I do have a hard time apologizing considering the fact that I've received a bunch of e-mails with far more hateful comment, though Phil said that the only thing I could do was block those accounts from e-mailing me; he couldn't ban or warn them because they were sent via PM and not on public display. Nevertheless, I think it's kind of asinine to punish a select few for something almost everyone here is guilty of (offending someone). I reckon I need only to make a new account and start reporting comments left and right and get the rest of you banned along with me lol.

Either way, maybe I'll get my account back, and maybe I won't. I'm busy these days anyway so it's not really a big deal... and I must say I'm a little amused by you guys thinking I would delete my account for attention. Lol clearly I've given off the wrong impression of me around here if you think I would care enough to do something so frivolous. That said, I've also realized my comment (albeit warranted) was really unnecessary. I'm a little disappointed that I've let the frustration from my personal life reflect in some bitchy comments to people around here. But oh well. C'est la vie. Maybe I'll get my account back, and maybe I won't. I could always just create a new one, so I don't really understand the point of this anyway. I really do appreciate the support though ~ you guys are cool.

In the past 5 minutes, I've got an e-mail saying this:

Dear Danielle,

You recently sent a request to have your email address removed from receiving future emails from the Debate.org website. Because you are a verified member of Debate.org, you will need to log-in to your account and either turn off your email settings, or close your account.

Close your Debate.org account:
http://www.debate.org...

Manage your email settings:

Manage your privacy settings:

... I didn't send an e-mail saying anything like that lol so I have no idea what this means. Maybe I'll try logging in and see?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 11:26:10 PM
Okay, I just tried logging into my account and it said that the account was closed. I didn't send any e-mail trying to close my account, so I have no idea what that was about. Anyone?
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 11:27:14 PM
At 11/6/2009 11:25:59 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
And of course, mongeese who is online right now, is suspiciously saying nothing in these forums :)

I respect him more for remaining quiet rather than lying and denying it :)

He had every right to report that comment. Now if only I make a new account and start reporting every nasty comment! Mwahaha. Account removal spree.
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 11:32:30 PM
I respect him more for remaining quiet rather than lying and denying it :)

Eh, I didn't mean he had to lie -- which under the circumstances would seem pretty hard -- but rather give a defense for it perhaps. Or at least say something about it; after all, he just got one of the best debaters on this website banned. Gotta count for something to have him put his two cents in, no?

He had every right to report that comment. Now if only I make a new account and start reporting every nasty comment! Mwahaha. Account removal spree.

Yeah, he does have that right under the TOS but still...reporting things for silly reasons such as "oooh, im offended!" is in my eyes pretty pathetic -_-.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 11:36:06 PM
At 11/6/2009 11:32:30 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
Yeah, he does have that right under the TOS but still...reporting things for silly reasons such as "oooh, im offended!" is in my eyes pretty pathetic -_-.

Agreed.

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 11:41:13 PM
At 11/6/2009 11:36:06 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Agreed.

I'll stand up for mongeese on this account and say that while I think he should have just suffered, because, really, he deserved that tongue lashing from Lwerd, it isn't at all "pathetic" to ask for someone to intervene when you're offended, especially if there is something there that says what happened was wrong.

Might just be the opinion of someone who was picked on at school, but it stands.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 11:46:27 PM
At 11/6/2009 11:41:13 PM, Volkov wrote:

Agreed.

I'll stand up for mongeese on this account and say that while I think he should have just suffered, because, really, he deserved that tongue lashing from Lwerd, it isn't at all "pathetic" to ask for someone to intervene when you're offended, especially if there is something there that says what happened was wrong.

Might just be the opinion of someone who was picked on at school, but it stands.

I am against the notion of something being offensive. I think the one who is offended is at fault, not the offender. This topic could make for an interesting debate.

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 11:49:44 PM
Yeah, he does have that right under the TOS but still...reporting things for silly reasons such as "oooh, im offended!" is, in every single regular member here except Mongeese/goose's eyes the epitome of pathetic -_-.

Fixed.

Mongeese/Goose, that comment was nowhere near offensive and you both know it. For shame.

I would like to add my name to this petition, though I can't see it working too well.

Lwerd, considering you had 170-odd debates (which were all excellent and in which you obviously put a LOT of time and effort into) which are now gone forever, you're taking this very well, far better than I would be. My respect for you has grown 10-fold. I have lost every bit of respect I had for the brothers in question.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 11:51:21 PM
At 11/6/2009 11:46:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I am against the notion of something being offensive. I think the one who is offended is at fault, not the offender. This topic could make for an interesting debate.

Indeed, though I'd have to actually learn about such a thing before I myself could debate. Otherwise I'd be making stuff out of thin air - mind you, I do that most of the time anyways...

Besides, it is partially the offended's fault that they're allowing such things to get to them. But, really, does that excuse the actions of someone offending you? Does being a victim of a murderer make you at fault for the murder? Plus there is a whole bunch of stuff you could frame around the idea of peer pressure and social influences...

Maybe I wouldn't be so unprepared after all. XD

Anyways! I'm willing to bet with mongeese that he reported Lwerd more out of revenge than being hurt. I only had that thought after I put the comment before.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 11:55:20 PM
At 11/6/2009 11:41:13 PM, Volkov wrote:

Agreed.

I couldn't agree more. I honestly don't know what it feels like to be "offended".

This is a debate website, it's bound to get pretty heated, and IMO there should be no TOS (except the obvious double-accounts, p0rn, etc.). Words are our only tools on this site, and they should not be bound.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 12:02:21 AM

The thing is mongeese could easily have ignored that comment - theLwerd obviously wasn't being a b!tch and flooding his inbox and profile with lewd comments. Even then, he could just block her (if she takes a further step and start to make multiple accounts to harass him, THEN he has some firepower).

But whatever, what's done is done.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 12:02:41 AM
At 11/6/2009 11:51:21 PM, Volkov wrote:

Indeed, though I'd have to actually learn about such a thing before I myself could debate. Otherwise I'd be making stuff out of thin air - mind you, I do that most of the time anyways...

I didn't study anything to come to that conclusion, just my own contemplations.

Besides, it is partially the offended's fault that they're allowing such things to get to them. But, really, does that excuse the actions of someone offending you? Does being a victim of a murderer make you at fault for the murder?

I don't mean physically offended. I mean verbally, psychologically offended. I would agree that the murderer is at fault. Two different kinds of offense.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 12:06:58 AM
At 11/7/2009 12:02:41 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I didn't study anything to come to that conclusion, just my own contemplations.

You're like me; think about stuff then talk about it as if you know something. XD

I don't mean physically offended. I mean verbally, psychologically offended. I would agree that the murderer is at fault. Two different kinds of offense.

Not necessarily; being psychologically and emotionally offended can have just as much impact if the offended cannot cope, and also translate into emotional and physical problems. It is the reason why anorexics and bulimics exist, why people create emotional and psychological barriers to isolate themselves, and why people are driven to suicide, self-mutilation, psychotic breaks, and other various unpleasentries that can lead to harm for themselves, or others.