Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

I've never done this, but...

leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 1:40:11 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Any chance I can get a few voters to this debate please:

http://www.debate.org...

Once again, I would never usually fish for votes but I think in this case it's ok because:

- My opponent forfeited all rounds except the first, so it was a definite win for me
- I can't vote and I'm afraid my opponent will vote for himself, winning him the debate
- The voting period ends in 2 days

Thanks in advance to anyone who feels like helping out. :D
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 1:43:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 1:42:19 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
You got it : )

Thanks heaps Vi.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 1:51:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 1:43:14 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 11/8/2009 1:42:19 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
You got it : )

Thanks heaps Vi.

And Volkov. :)
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 2:03:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 1:40:11 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
Any chance I can get a few voters to this debate please:

http://www.debate.org...

Once again, I would never usually fish for votes but I think in this case it's ok because:

- My opponent forfeited all rounds except the first, so it was a definite win for me
- I can't vote and I'm afraid my opponent will vote for himself, winning him the debate
- The voting period ends in 2 days

Thanks in advance to anyone who feels like helping out. :D

Why the post... it looks like a easy win...
Was no one reviewing it, and you were worried it would end with a tie?

I still voted, but wonder why you were worried?
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 2:17:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 2:03:06 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 11/8/2009 1:40:11 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
Any chance I can get a few voters to this debate please:

http://www.debate.org...

Once again, I would never usually fish for votes but I think in this case it's ok because:

- My opponent forfeited all rounds except the first, so it was a definite win for me
- I can't vote and I'm afraid my opponent will vote for himself, winning him the debate
- The voting period ends in 2 days

Thanks in advance to anyone who feels like helping out. :D

Why the post... it looks like a easy win...
Was no one reviewing it, and you were worried it would end with a tie?

I still voted, but wonder why you were worried?

Because it was a forfeited debate, it doesn't show up on the main page so yeah I was afraid nobody would see it. Also because it was only a 3-day voting period, if it was an indefinite period I wouldn't have done this.

Thanks to all who voted.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5