Jump to topic:

Someone wanna catch me up?

burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 2:16:41 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Hey guys, i haven't been on DDO in a while except to judge LM's tournament...

someone wanna catch me up as to what's going on?

no links to ddofans please, i can go there myself.
Omnes te moriturum amant 

http://www.debate.org...
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 2:19:23 PM
At 11/8/2009 2:16:41 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:

Tons of things have happened.

Most dramatically, theLwerd's account has been banned by mongeese's report of one of her comments.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 2:21:21 PM
At 11/8/2009 2:19:23 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 11/8/2009 2:16:41 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:

Tons of things have happened.

Most dramatically, theLwerd's account has been banned by mongeese's report of one of her comments.

Yes, which has then caused a split into two camps. Go to DDOFans ;)
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 2:23:39 PM
Blake set up an election for the lulz. I won.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 2:25:06 PM
At 11/8/2009 2:23:39 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Blake set up an election for the lulz. I won.

Yes, for the lulz. It produced even more lulz when a hardcore libertarian and an anarchist won.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 2:29:17 PM
At 11/8/2009 2:28:13 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:
gotcha. for a minute i thought phil was doing something for the site...

any updates on phil's activity on the site?

Remember those videos DATC posted with the tumbleweed? There's your answer.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:36:24 PM
"Mongeese - WTF is your problem? Why are you such a d1ck to me? Seriously. I would like to know what crawled up yours and your brother's @ss and died. I can smell it from here. I've done absolutely nothing to warrant your douche bag behavior, so please STFU. For your information, no, I did not shy away from this debate for a lack of argument. In fact, I could have easily won this debate (well, aside from the fact that you and others have been vote bombing me). I didn't post an argument because quite frankly the topic didn't interest me enough to post one in time. I accepted the challenge thinking I'd get to it later, and simply never did. Unlike a lot of people here, I do have a life outside of DDO (and responsibilities to boot). Please don't assume that I backed out for any other reason than pure laziness or lack of interest. You're only making yourself look like a jerk off. Thanks."

She posted that.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:40:38 PM
So that's the controversial post? Sorry master hand, but that makes you look pretty bad. A response like that isn't characteristic of someone who wants to harass. Her intonation and language is characteristic of someone who feels like they are BEING harassed.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:42:04 PM
Why does this make me look bad? I'm just explaining why theLwerd got banned.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:43:00 PM
At 11/9/2009 7:40:38 PM, Kleptin wrote:
So that's the controversial post? Sorry master hand, but that makes you look pretty bad. A response like that isn't characteristic of someone who wants to harass. Her intonation and language is characteristic of someone who feels like they are BEING harassed.

mongoose =/= mongeese
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:43:30 PM
At 11/9/2009 7:43:00 PM, Nags wrote:

mongoose =/= mongeese

Nags = genius
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:43:43 PM
Actually, all I said was, "Did theLwerd decide she couldn't handle this debate, too?" after she forfeited my debate twice and another debate once. And that's after her rant on my debate.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:44:16 PM

mongoose =/= mongeese

I wish more people would realize this. I was votebombed before I even knew the aforementioned comment existed or posted in any topic about theLwerd's banning.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:45:54 PM
And then there's the entire liberal thing, which Lwerd accused me of doing, when that was actually mongoose, and it was just the mislabelling of "liberal." Nothing more.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:46:05 PM
At 11/9/2009 7:44:16 PM, mongoose wrote:

mongoose =/= mongeese

I wish more people would realize this. I was votebombed before I even knew the aforementioned comment existed or posted in any topic about theLwerd's banning.

Maybe you guys should have more dissimilar avatars?
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:47:49 PM
At 11/9/2009 7:46:05 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

mongoose =/= mongeese

Yeah. Mongeese insisted I have this avatar for the mafia game. I think I should change it now.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:48:00 PM
At 11/9/2009 7:46:05 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

mongoose =/= mongeese

After the Mafia game.

Which somehow got mixed up in this controversy somehow...?
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:48:40 PM

mongoose =/= mongeese

Read my post again. I directed this at "master hand" as a generic copout :P

(I was too lazy to figure out which one was mongeese and which was was mongoose)
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:49:12 PM
At 11/9/2009 7:48:40 PM, Kleptin wrote:

mongoose =/= mongeese

Read my post again. I directed this at "master hand" as a generic copout :P

(I was too lazy to figure out which one was mongeese and which was was mongoose)

Look again. I'm Master Hand. He's Crazy Hand.
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:51:09 PM
good lord... and here i thought the site was maturing as a group....

all i see is mongeese/goose (i don't know) antagonizing another member, lwerd, and lwerd getting mad and responding in such...

justifying it by saying that other people do it doesn't make it right...

*sigh*
Omnes te moriturum amant 

http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:51:34 PM

WIN.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:52:39 PM
At 11/9/2009 7:51:09 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:

all i see is mongeese/goose (i don't know) antagonizing another member, lwerd, and lwerd getting mad and responding in such...

*sigh*

Not sure about the "antagonizing" part, but...

*sigh*
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:54:30 PM
At 11/9/2009 7:52:39 PM, mongeese wrote:

*sigh*

Not sure about the "antagonizing" part, but...

*sigh*

This whole think is like a little popular clique of girls in middle school. When will we finally get past this issue and get L her account back?
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:54:57 PM
At 11/9/2009 7:49:12 PM, mongoose wrote:
Look again. I'm Master Hand. He's Crazy Hand.

Master Hand and Crazy Hand only differ by the way they wiggle their fingers and attack. How do you know you're not crazy hand, and HE'S master hand :P?

mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:55:13 PM

*sigh*

theLwerd WASN'T being antagonized.