Jump to topic:

Apologies

mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 2:49:49 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
This incident has gone on long enough. There are at least four threads over this same issue.

Look, I'm sorry for getting theLwerd banned. The report was just to get the comment removed, nothing more. I wasn't aware that theLwerd already earned a warning. Sorry.

But I still think I'm right because I never did vote-bomb theLwerd. It's just a lie, and that's all there is to it. http://www.debate.org...

That said, for the sake of this awesome community which I love and don't want to be split apart into two, I'm calling a cease fire. I'm going to try to avoid Lwerd, and I hope she avoids me. I love this community and want it to thrive as much as possible. This, I believe, is of the utmost importance. Thank you.

And thanks to PoeJoe, ToastOfDestiny, and everybody else asking for a cease fire.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 2:53:07 PM
At 11/8/2009 2:49:49 PM, mongeese wrote:
That said, for the sake of this awesome community which I love and don't want to be split apart into two, I'm calling a cease fire. I'm going to try to avoid Lwerd, and I hope she avoids me. I love this community and want it to thrive as much as possible. This, I believe, is of the utmost importance. Thank you.

I agree with this. I think a cease fire is in order, and I hope you two console your differences. DDO can't stand this much tension. This is a place for relaxation and enjoyment, not a place for more hectic stress.

Long live DDO!
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 2:54:25 PM
I want to commend mongeese for putting forth a sincere apology where he was not even the one that had the need to apologize. I hope theLwerd does, at the very least, the same as mongeese has just done. Once again, great post mongeese.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:24:59 PM
At 11/8/2009 3:58:05 PM, Lwerd wrote:
Nags, when you apologize for being a lying hypocrite, come talk to me. Thanks.

I apologize for being a lying hypocrite. Now say sorry to mongeese, he is more than deserving.
Lwerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:09:57 PM
Are you serious? What the hell would you like me to say?

I.

AM.

SORRY.

I'm sorry.

I'm so sorry.

How would you like me to say it?

How can you pretend to know my intentions?

If my apology isn't sincere, then regardless of how I say it, it will never be sincere.

Mongeese, I am incredibly sorry for calling you a d1ck. I had no right to accuse you of vote bombing me or saying that something smelly crawled out of your @ss. Just because you made some unnecessary comments to me doesn't mean that I should have retaliated. I am deeply and sincerely sorry for offending you and I'll do my best to never do it again to you or anyone else in the future. I deserved to have my account banned and you did the right thing in reporting me. I really hope that you and everyone else here can forgive me.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:14:18 PM
At 11/8/2009 5:09:57 PM, Lwerd wrote:

At least like mongeese's apology.

Mongeese, I am incredibly sorry for calling you a d1ck. I had no right to accuse you of vote bombing me or saying that something smelly crawled out of your @ss. Just because you made some unnecessary comments to me doesn't mean that I should have retaliated. I am deeply and sincerely sorry for offending you and I'll do my best to never do it again to you or anyone else in the future. I deserved to have my account banned and you did the right thing in reporting me. I really hope that you and everyone else here can forgive me.

I guess I buy this.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:20:02 PM
At 11/8/2009 5:14:18 PM, Nags wrote:

At least like mongeese's apology.

I guess I buy this.

Nags buys it, everybody. We can all stop now =D
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:26:38 PM
At 11/8/2009 5:22:06 PM, Lwerd wrote:
At 11/8/2009 5:14:18 PM, Nags wrote:

I guess I buy this.

Lol. I'm glad. I agree with Maikuru :)

Very well. I guess we're done. Although, I do find it kind of difficult to buy your recent apologies with the underlying sarcasm:
At 11/8/2009 5:03:16 PM, Lwerd wrote:
Clearly anyone who offends another person on this site ought to be banned immediately.
Lwerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:29:07 PM
At 11/8/2009 5:26:38 PM, mongeese wrote:

Very well. I guess we're done. Although, I do find it kind of difficult to buy your recent apologies with the underlying sarcasm:

That's a shame.

Clearly anyone who offends another person on this site ought to be banned immediately.

You don't agree? Interesting.
Lwerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:30:16 PM
I know that I certainly feel that way, but that's just me.

Let me reiterate though - just in case - that I am really sorry mongeese.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:31:06 PM

Lol. Well played. :D
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:32:35 PM
You should still apologize for accusing him of posting taunting comments on your debates and angering you, and acknowledge that they don't exist. Or provide evidence. Either one.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:35:52 PM
At 11/8/2009 5:32:35 PM, mongoose wrote:
You should still apologize for accusing him of posting taunting comments on your debates and angering you, and acknowledge that they don't exist. Or provide evidence. Either one.

Oh the wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'
I dont' know where I'll be tomorrow
Ooo the wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:36:46 PM
At 11/8/2009 5:29:07 PM, Lwerd wrote:
At 11/8/2009 5:26:38 PM, mongeese wrote:

That's a shame.

So this means that this new account should be banned for saying more offensive things?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Lwerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:37:48 PM

You know, you're right about that too. I made up all accusations about mongeese being a jerk to me. After 2 years of not making stuff up about other people, I thought to myself - "Gee. You should really make false accusations about someone today, Lwerd. Who should it be?" Then, I thought long and hard about who should be the victim of my malicious slander and libel. A lot of people were in the running, but in the end, I decided that mongeese would be the best candidate. As such, I proceeded to create false statements about him just for the hell of it.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:40:49 PM
Sarcastic, much? You're supposed to be trying to convince us that you're sorry. Sarcasm doesn't get the job done. It just makes it worse.
Lifeisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:41:41 PM

I.

AM.

SORRY.

I'm sorry.

I'm so sorry.

How would you like me to say it?

How can you pretend to know my intentions?

If my apology isn't sincere, then regardless of how I say it, it will never be sincere.

Wow. I'm a bit surprised that you actually came out and apologized in light of your other comments. Lol. Now I'm surprised when you're not nasty! XD

Anyway, I'm glad this is all over.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Lwerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:43:16 PM
How on earth was that not sincere? That's exactly what you're accusing me of doing -- making random accusations up for the hell of it. So, I'm admitting to it. I made up every single accusation of mongeese being a jerk to me. I lied. It never happened. I just did said that stuff for the hell of it.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:47:12 PM
At 11/8/2009 5:40:49 PM, mongeese wrote:
Sarcastic, much? You're supposed to be trying to convince us that you're sorry. Sarcasm doesn't get the job done. It just makes it worse.

Give = inch
Take = mile

Were you the one who was banned? No? Then let it be before you add more fuel to the fire.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:48:26 PM

"Did theLwerd decide she couldn't handle this debate, too?" - mongeese
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 5:52:40 PM
At 11/8/2009 5:48:26 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

"Did theLwerd decide she couldn't handle this debate, too?" - mongeese

That's not evidence.

"That evidence was faulty. I lied." - GeoLaureate8

Confession!

You need a link, and context.