Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Here We Go.

Lwerd
Posts: 145
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 3:18:50 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
"Mongeese - WTF is your problem? Why are you such a d1ck to me? Seriously. I would like to know what crawled up yours and your brother's @ss and died. I can smell it from here. I've done absolutely nothing to warrant your douche bag behavior, so please STFU. For your information, no, I did not shy away from this debate for a lack of argument. In fact, I could have easily won this debate (well, aside from the fact that you and others have been vote bombing me)."

As you can see, I clearly violated the TOS because I insulted another member, and used 2 pseudo-profanities (since the real word cannot even be typed on DDO). As such, I technically deserved the banning because I violated the rules. However, it's common knowledge that people curse at and insult members on this site CONSTANTLY. Personally, I have been a victim on numerous occasions, albeit the worst happening via PM so no action was taken, conveniently enough.

Mongeese reported me for libel and slander. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I technically deserved the ban, but status quo on DDO says otherwise. After 5 minutes of quickly scanning through the forums, here are some examples I found that according to the TOS blatantly violate the rules and insult other members:

-- PoeJoe: At times she [theLwerd] can be a real bitch. [http://www.debate.org...]

-- Nags: I think Rezz is just a bitch. [http://www.debate.org...]

-- Nags cursing/taunting [http://www.debate.org...]

-- Nags calling a girl ugly [http://www.debate.org...]

-- Nags cling bexxx a crack whore [http://www.debate.org...]

-- Nags saying bexxx is gross [http://www.debate.org...]

-- s0m31john saying a girl looked like a slutty bimbo [http://www.debate.org...]

-- wonderwoman: Well, for starters im sure you'd be slapped for being so damn ugly already. Two, you'd be slapped for being an idiot and three you'd be slapped for being a perv. [http://www.debate.org...]

Were any of these comments reported? Was anybody banned? Nay.

Now, after Nags was being his usual a-hole self in a forum -- but then said "no offense" -- leet4a1 responded with this, "Just saying no offense doesn't excuse you from being an @sshole." Nags said, "Whatever, I was just being honest. The truth hurts sometimes." This can be found here --> [http://www.debate.org...]. Similarly, when I told Nags that I considered him far from a diplomatic individual, he responded by agreeing with me and posting his infamous "You can't handle the truth!" clip. As you can see, Nags obviously excuses d-bag behavior so long as HE'S the instigator. Furthermore, he acknowledges it and then becomes a COMPLETE HYPOCRITE in saying that my apology doesn't excuse my words, but he's guilty of the same thing... in fact, without apologizing.

He continues, "But the thing is... I didn't mean to offend. I was just stating my opinion, which is the truth, with no intentions of hurting anyone's feelings.' If it did hurt feelings, then that obviously means that "You Can't Handle The Truth." Now, why is that explanation sufficient for his actions but not mine? My friends, this is what you call BS. I didn't mean to offend mongeese either. I simply asked for an explanation on his recent nasty comments to me. Also, notice how we see Lee calling out Nags and even calling him a profane word -- an @sshole. Yet again, was Lee banned? Even warned? No.

Feverish said it best - The report function should be reserved for spam and harassment, not any little comment that offends you. This is a debate site and a lot of people here are far from mature. I include myself in that assessment because I don't really view DDO as a place to be prim and proper. This is an online community; specifically one designed to create conflict! It's inevitable that tensions are going to mount, people will be harsh and rude at times, etc.

For the most part, I consider myself a good member of DDO. I've never trolled, spammed, created multiple fake accounts, I participate within the community, my insults are typically in jest, I don't get my panties in a bunch whenever people insult or degrade me, I talk to people a lot via PMs, chat and messenger, hell - I've even kept a secret for someone here (an individual told me that he was secretly gay; I've never revealed his identity and don't plan to). I've made a lot of "friends" on DDO, and I deserve to keep my account. If I don't, then 90% of you don't deserve to keep yours.

I apologize to Phil for violating his TOS. It's his site and he can implement whatever rules that he wants. It's our responsibility to abide by his policies. That said, I am ticked off at mongeese bc he specifically went behind my back to get me in trouble. He says his intention was to have the comment removed. I don't buy it. Why was that comment such a big deal?! It wasn't. Plus, it's obvious that when you report a comment, the writer is reprimanded. So regardless, he tried to get me in trouble.

Mongeese's general attitude towards me has been douchey. For instance, he decided to comment on a few of my OLD debates and mock my position in them. Coincidentally (uh huh), my points in those debates dropped despite me being the clear victor. On several debates, whenever I chose to decline a challenge, mongeese responded with comments saying things along the lines of me being too incompetent to present an argument, calling me lame, incessantly mocking my position in debates to the point of talking down to me, etc. Were they really that threatening? No. I merely asked mongeese why he was being such a jerk, although I suspect one viable reason is the fact that I've vehemently insisted that the brothers' moderation of the latest mafia game is FAR from stellar (it downright sucks).

So, mongeese's overall attitude to me has been unnecessarily tool-ish. I don't have the desire to go back and find ALL of the debates or forum posts where this is the case. I'm trusting that you'll take my word for it, since I have absolutely no reason to lie about it. Why would I make such a comment to him if I was exaggerating? Plus, Nags said I couldn't find any instances of HIM being rude, and that was clearly not the case.

I acknowledge that my initial post to mongeese was also unnecessary. I should have asked for an explanation in a nicer way, as I've stated several times. I admit that I was annoyed at his dicky tone on several occasions; I guess I lost my cool (I've been having a bad week). While I would have undoubtedly apologized if he had responded and told me that he was offended -- I've apologized to people in the past; the member 1-2-3 can attest to that -- now I have lost absolutely ALL respect for him not because he was a brat who got me banned, but because he insists that my banning was warranted and has actually riled people up to the point of them "losing respect" for me.

One good thing that has come out of all of this is the dialog about how we talk to each other around here. Before this, I personally didn't think that it was a big deal. We're for the most part a tight knit community and accept each other's taunting in jest. Yes - my post contained 2 profane words, but I personally incorporate profanity into my vocabulary. I apologize. But mongeese specifically targeted me to be punished and that's unfair. I don't deserve to be banned. Period.

I'm pissed not because of the vote bombing or being #1 or whatever, but because I put a lot of effort into that account; next month marks 2 years of membership. I also lost a lot of e-mails that were really important to me (don't ask). If it's not a big deal, then ya'll should delete your accounts and start new ones too - beginning with mongeese.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 3:40:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I'm guessing you should take all that back and go post an apology in the "Apologies" thread. I'll disregard this thread's existence for now.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 3:42:55 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 3:19:27 PM, Lwerd wrote:
Of course, I posted that before I noticed the "cease fire." Ugh - fantastic.

It seems that the mod has been on within the last thirty minutes. Send another message?
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 3:43:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 3:42:55 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 11/8/2009 3:19:27 PM, Lwerd wrote:
Of course, I posted that before I noticed the "cease fire." Ugh - fantastic.

It seems that the mod has been on within the last thirty minutes. Send another message?

I have!
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 3:45:45 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 3:43:33 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 11/8/2009 3:42:55 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 11/8/2009 3:19:27 PM, Lwerd wrote:
Of course, I posted that before I noticed the "cease fire." Ugh - fantastic.

It seems that the mod has been on within the last thirty minutes. Send another message?

I have!

I saw that!

And L, I think all of your concerns / complaints are justified. You really don't deserve to lose everything because of one comment. Some people on here take things too seriously some times, but this situation is quite serious, so I really don't think it applies here.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:03:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 3:42:36 PM, Lwerd wrote:
I stand behind everything I said.

Now I return to the attack.

You give evidence for Nags being rude, yet you give no evidence for mongeese being rude. That's because you have none.

At 11/8/2009 3:18:50 PM, Lwerd wrote:
Mongeese's general attitude towards me has been douchey. For instance, he decided to comment on a few of my OLD debates and mock my position in them. Coincidentally (uh huh), my points in those debates dropped despite me being the clear victor. On several debates, whenever I chose to decline a challenge, mongeese responded with comments saying things along the lines of me being too incompetent to present an argument, calling me lame, incessantly mocking my position in debates to the point of talking down to me, etc. Were they really that threatening? No. I merely asked mongeese why he was being such a jerk, although I suspect one viable reason is the fact that I've vehemently insisted that the brothers' moderation of the latest mafia game is FAR from stellar (it downright sucks).

I have no idea what debates you are referring to. You provide no evidence. First, you called his debate LAME (in caps), him juvenile, and anyone who accepts the debate moronic, which would be L-M. Some people like that type of debate, as seen by the first comment. Then he politely asked you why you were suddenly against the debate after accepting and forfeting twice, and why you ranted. You then called him a tool. After all this, he only sadi "Lame..." is respect to the forfeit and switch in attitude. Then you went on your absolutly offensive rant, which he did nothing to deserve. You have not evidence to back up your "libel."

So, mongeese's overall attitude to me has been unnecessarily tool-ish. I don't have the desire to go back and find ALL of the debates or forum posts where this is the case. I'm trusting that you'll take my word for it, since I have absolutely no reason to lie about it. Why would I make such a comment to him if I was exaggerating? Plus, Nags said I couldn't find any instances of HIM being rude, and that was clearly not the case.

You don't have the guts to even try to go back and find ANY evidence about this, BECAUSE IT DOESN'T EXIST! Why should we take your word for it? You didn't back up your claims with anything, and you haven't shown yourself to be very trustworthy recently, just a ranting... ranter. Saying that you found evidence of Nags being rude is some kind of fallacy that I don't know at the moment. Anybody else know

I acknowledge that my initial post to mongeese was also unnecessary. I should have asked for an explanation in a nicer way, as I've stated several times. I admit that I was annoyed at his dicky tone on several occasions; I guess I lost my cool (I've been having a bad week). While I would have undoubtedly apologized if he had responded and told me that he was offended -- I've apologized to people in the past; the member 1-2-3 can attest to that -- now I have lost absolutely ALL respect for him not because he was a brat who got me banned, but because he insists that my banning was warranted and has actually riled people up to the point of them "losing respect" for me.

You just insulted him... again. You claim that you have apologized to people before, but you absolutely refuse to apologize to mongeese now, even though he has apologized for this when it wasn't his fault. He did NOT want you banned. He didn't expect for you to be banned. He expected you to at most receive a warning. If you already have, then you should have heeded. Because you did not heed the warning, it is your fault. You have warrented your banning through the needless insults that you have spread throughout the recent topics, and I would be suprised if anybody had any respect for your actions now.

But mongeese specifically targeted me to be punished and that's unfair. I don't deserve to be banned. Period.

He "targeted" you because you insulted HIM. It wasn't that he chose you because you were there, or that you're a liberal, or a lesbian. It's for your ACTIONS against him.

TheLwerd is completely unjustified in continuing this, and standing by it, after mongeese had the decency to be the better man and apologize for what was not even a crime.

Wait, there's more:

At 11/8/2009 3:57:14 PM, Lwerd wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: any apology of mine to mongeese would be completely insincere. If that negates the purpose of one, so be it. I've apologized for cursing - specifically to Phil - as it broke the rules. You'll notice that mongeese never responded to me either (saying "Look, I'm sorry for getting theLwerd banned" doesn't count, as he probably IS sorry that he did because of how he's revealed his true character as a weak human being) ... that's not an apology to me. Oh wellz.

He is truly sincere in his apology. You have done nothing but degrade yourself and reveal your nature as an uncaring, insincere, adamant, stubborn hypocrite.

/counterrant (for now)
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:05:25 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
*awaits unsupported, offensive rant*
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:24:03 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 3:18:50 PM, Lwerd wrote:
-- Nags: I think Rezz is just a bitch. [http://www.debate.org...]

bitch - something that is extremely difficult, objectionable, or unpleasant

Also, bitch isn't a swear.

-- Nags cursing/taunting [http://www.debate.org...]

Clearly joking. Clearly.

-- Nags calling a girl ugly [http://www.debate.org...]

No, I never said that.

-- Nags cling bexxx a crack whore [http://www.debate.org...]

Nope. I did not do this either.

-- Nags saying bexxx is gross [http://www.debate.org...]

She was posted in the Sxe Debaters thread. Therefore, her looks are open up to discussion. Thus, my criticism is OK.

Now, after Nags was being his usual a-hole self in a forum -- but then said "no offense" -- leet4a1 responded with this, "Just saying no offense doesn't excuse you from being an @sshole." Nags said, "Whatever, I was just being honest. The truth hurts sometimes." This can be found here --> [http://www.debate.org...]. S

Once again, in the Sxe Debaters thread. Also, note that leet called me an @sshole - I never said anything defamatory.

Similarly, when I told Nags that I considered him far from a diplomatic individual, he responded by agreeing with me and posting his infamous "You can't handle the truth!" clip. As you can see, Nags obviously excuses d-bag behavior so long as HE'S the instigator. Furthermore, he acknowledges it and then becomes a COMPLETE HYPOCRITE in saying that my apology doesn't excuse my words, but he's guilty of the same thing... in fact, without apologizing.

So, Nags agrees with theLwerd on the topic of himself not being a diplomatic individual, therefore he is a d-bag. Right. She goes on to make a false claim that I support [swear-word] behavior so long as I'm the instigator, I don't understand this. Also, theLwerd never apologized. Even if she did, she obviously wouldn't mean it, as evidenced by her actions. I'm not sure what I'm guilty of, so I'm not going to apologize for something I didn't do.

He continues, "But the thing is... I didn't mean to offend. I was just stating my opinion, which is the truth, with no intentions of hurting anyone's feelings.' If it did hurt feelings, then that obviously means that "You Can't Handle The Truth." Now, why is that explanation sufficient for his actions but not mine? My friends, this is what you call BS. I didn't mean to offend mongeese either. I simply asked for an explanation on his recent nasty comments to me.

You honestly don't see the difference? I was commenting on females' looks, well you were, well, you were personally attacking mongeese in vicious ways.

Also, notice how we see Lee calling out Nags and even calling him a profane word -- an @sshole. Yet again, was Lee banned? Even warned? No.

One word. One. Also, after looking at the context, you can see that he didn't mean it with harm. Either way, I forgive leet and such and such - I know he didn't mean it.

---

You still didn't apologize to mongeese? Sad, sad, sad.
Registered_Trademark
Posts: 67
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:30:25 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
"Shut the f*ck up. You're so friggen annoying. You make so little sense it's annoying. No one likes you on this site, yet you are on for at least 6 hours a day. Quite pathetic actually." -- Nags
http://www.debate.org...
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:32:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 4:30:25 PM, Registered_Trademark wrote:
"Shut the f*ck up. You're so friggen annoying. You make so little sense it's annoying. No one likes you on this site, yet you are on for at least 6 hours a day. Quite pathetic actually." -- Nags
http://www.debate.org...

Good find.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:35:35 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 4:32:33 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 11/8/2009 4:30:25 PM, Registered_Trademark wrote:
"Shut the f*ck up. You're so friggen annoying. You make so little sense it's annoying. No one likes you on this site, yet you are on for at least 6 hours a day. Quite pathetic actually." -- Nags
http://www.debate.org...

Good find.

I apologized in a message to ReganFan for that. That was my B.

And seriously Volkov, I don't wanna hear it from you. You've dropped the f-bomb numerous times and have given about the same rant against comoncents.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:37:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 4:35:35 PM, Nags wrote:
And seriously Volkov, I don't wanna hear it from you. You've dropped the f-bomb numerous times and have given about the same rant against comoncents.

I've never denied being a little hot-headed at times, though. :P
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:38:48 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 4:37:33 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 11/8/2009 4:35:35 PM, Nags wrote:
And seriously Volkov, I don't wanna hear it from you. You've dropped the f-bomb numerous times and have given about the same rant against comoncents.

I've never denied being a little hot-headed at times, though. :P

I haven't denied that either...
Lwerd
Posts: 145
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:41:32 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I'm sure Rezz could easily find ammo against Nags. It's not very difficult for anyone with the inclination. Also, how can you deny those things when I've linked the proof? Nags, you said yourself that apologizing for something doesn't change it. Again, you're a hypocrite. I've apologized to people when offending them before, because they were man enough to come to me with their issue (i.e. 1-2-3). Mongeese is anything but a man. As I've said, he never apologized to me. He said he was sorry that I was banned (in general), which I believe because it revealed his true character... as a child. Regarding the comments that mongeese made, as I said, I simply don't feel like looking for them atm. Maybe I will later. Nobody with any common sense would believe that I made up that insult on a whim; if that's the case, then why have I not made random stuff up in the past to yell at people about in the 2 years I've been here?! There's no incentive for me to do that, ergo people can choose to believe that they'd like, I suppose. Also, your trying to make me look bad for ranting is really irrelevant. I'm not ashamed of my ranting. I'm ticked off at the situation and I have a right to be, IMO... and in the opinion of everyone else, it seems, except for mongoose/mongeese, wjm (not surprising) and Nags (which is hilarious).
Lwerd
Posts: 145
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:43:55 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 4:24:03 PM, Nags wrote:
At 11/8/2009 3:18:50 PM, Lwerd wrote:
-- Nags: I think Rezz is just a bitch. [http://www.debate.org...]

bitch - something that is extremely difficult, objectionable, or unpleasant

Also, bitch isn't a swear.

Yes, and an @ss is a donkey, and d1ck is a nickname for Richard.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:46:31 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 4:43:55 PM, Lwerd wrote:
At 11/8/2009 4:24:03 PM, Nags wrote:
At 11/8/2009 3:18:50 PM, Lwerd wrote:
-- Nags: I think Rezz is just a bitch. [http://www.debate.org...]

bitch - something that is extremely difficult, objectionable, or unpleasant

Also, bitch isn't a swear.

Yes, and an @ss is a donkey, and d1ck is a nickname for Richard.

Here We Go.... goin' down the only road I've ever known. ...Like a drifter I was born to walk alone....An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no mo....

ohhh wrong thread.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:47:20 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 4:38:48 PM, Nags wrote:
I haven't denied that either...

You've certainly put up enough resistance to the idea, though. Only when were there actual instances pointed out did you "apologize," but even then you've excused your actions by either saying you didn't say it (which you did, either with a link to a picture that has said it, or in a phrase that might not be so obvious).

Now, far be it for me to criticize someone for losing their cool, but clearly you've shown resistance to the very idea of your being rude, asking for evidence and saying that all claims are unsupported without it, that otherwise they can't prove you did anything, etc. That is called passive denial, meaning that you don't admit to anything until someone else forces you to with evidence.

Had someone asked me if I had ever lost my cool, I would respond "yes," because I clearly have. Would you do the same?
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:48:39 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 4:41:32 PM, Lwerd wrote:
I'm sure Rezz could easily find ammo against Nags.

I could find 10x more ammo against Rezz than he could ever hope to find against me. I have no intent to post proof, but I will happily do so if Rezz wants to. However, I have no qualms against Rezz.

Nags, you said yourself that apologizing for something doesn't change it. Again, you're a hypocrite.

Apologizing for something immediately after the action occured makes the apology acceptable, like in the case with ReganFan. However, with you, you repeatedly attacked mongeese and never apologized.

Mongeese is anything but a man. As I've said, he never apologized to me. He said he was sorry that I was banned (in general), which I believe because it revealed his true character... as a child.

Ok. As long as we can establish that the 15 year old is not a man and is incredibly childish... because he made a sincere apology and never personally attacked the 22 year old. Yeah..

Also, your trying to make me look bad for ranting is really irrelevant. I'm not ashamed of my ranting. I'm ticked off at the situation and I have a right to be, IMO... and in the opinion of everyone else, it seems, except for mongoose/mongeese, wjm (not surprising) and Nags (which is hilarious).

All of us have said you have the right to rant. However, you have no right to personally attack us, which you have repeatedly done. Anyone in your situation would rant, but you have to draw a line.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:49:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 4:37:33 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 11/8/2009 4:35:35 PM, Nags wrote:
And seriously Volkov, I don't wanna hear it from you. You've dropped the f-bomb numerous times and have given about the same rant against comoncents.

I've never denied being a little hot-headed at times, though. :P

I know... I am soooo hurt!
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:49:10 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 4:43:55 PM, Lwerd wrote:
At 11/8/2009 4:24:03 PM, Nags wrote:
At 11/8/2009 3:18:50 PM, Lwerd wrote:
-- Nags: I think Rezz is just a bitch. [http://www.debate.org...]

bitch - something that is extremely difficult, objectionable, or unpleasant

Also, bitch isn't a swear.

Yes, and an @ss is a donkey, and d1ck is a nickname for Richard.

Context.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 4:50:52 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 4:47:20 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 11/8/2009 4:38:48 PM, Nags wrote:
I haven't denied that either...

You've certainly put up enough resistance to the idea, though. Only when were there actual instances pointed out did you "apologize," but even then you've excused your actions by either saying you didn't say it (which you did, either with a link to a picture that has said it, or in a phrase that might not be so obvious).

Now, far be it for me to criticize someone for losing their cool, but clearly you've shown resistance to the very idea of your being rude, asking for evidence and saying that all claims are unsupported without it, that otherwise they can't prove you did anything, etc. That is called passive denial, meaning that you don't admit to anything until someone else forces you to with evidence.

Good points. I apologize for the subtle denials and the actual actions. I admit I have been acting a bit hypocritic.

Had someone asked me if I had ever lost my cool, I would respond "yes," because I clearly have. Would you do the same?

Yes. Sorry for coming off as if I would not respond in such a way.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 11:18:55 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 3:40:46 PM, mongeese wrote:
I'm guessing you should take all that back and go post an apology in the "Apologies" thread. I'll disregard this thread's existence for now.

LOL

I mean, you are joking, right? You're not that pathetic
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 11:50:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/8/2009 11:18:55 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 11/8/2009 3:40:46 PM, mongeese wrote:
I'm guessing you should take all that back and go post an apology in the "Apologies" thread. I'll disregard this thread's existence for now.

LOL

I mean, you are joking, right? You're not that pathetic

Hey, how do you underline stuff?
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
TheSkeptic
Posts: 1,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 11:53:49 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Hey, how do you underline stuff?

Bottom right hand corner of your text box, slightly out of it. There should be 3 icons/nodules/?, which underline being pretty obvious.
SaintNick
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 10:23:44 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Hey guys, I know it's been awhile. I used to come around alot while still in school but now I'm all big and graduated and haven't stopped by....... I'm down for the next mafia game though :-D

I figured I'd throw my two cents in on the situation just to offer a new perspective since I don't know a whole lot of you that well. It seems to me that Lwerd is completely justified in being this upset, and shame on those of you who say otherwise. I read this post and agree with her completely. In my short time on ddo, I've noticed members being rude to each other constantly. I distinctly remember sexist threads, being called a word that rhymed with maggot by someone because I am a liberal and just overall disrespect towards one another. I also noticed that Lwerd receives far more direct criticism (aside from trolls) though I do think she brings it upon herself sometimes for being so outspoken but whatever.

The point is though that we don't tattle tale on each other. If everyone started reporting comments just because someone offended them or called them a swear word or accused them of something stupid, then what would this community be? Who would still be left here? I am a member of several other online communities and let me just say that if this had been pulled there then the whole community would have retaliated against mongeese for what he did.

If Lwerd had truly been bothering him on a consistent basis (which does not seem to be the case from what I've gathered reading) or harassing him then that's a different story. To report something so minor is really immature. I've looked for mongeese's explanation and all he said was that he wanted the comment deleted. That shows me that he's a weakling who can't handle someone saying minorly offensive and that's sad. I thought Texans were supposed to be strong and all that :-)

Most of all I cant believe that Nags had the balls to sit there and criticize Lwerd. I almost spit up my latte. I still come here from time to time to get some ideas for a class Im teaching and through browsing the forums Ive noticed that Nags is quite possibly the rudest member here. I think its really low that some of you have been expecting Lwerd to apologize as well, if thats the case, then ALL of you should be apologizing. I feel like shes being singled out in this regard and it IS mongeeses fault so he deserves to get a little heat.

Lwerd, I hope you petition Phil if you havent already and that you get your account back. You offer one of the most unique positions here and to have your 2 year account wiped out because of something so retarded so unfairly is really upsetting. Even if she was lying about mongeese being a jerk to her (Im not saying she is but I dont know the whole story), regardless of the situation she shouldn't have been reported. Mongeese is a cry baby fool and I've lost all respect for him until further notice. I'll be back by the way I miss this (well not the drama lol)

-Nick

Ps. sorry to rehash things but I just think those of you who are mad at Lwerd need a huge kick in the grASS and a reality check :-)