Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Warnings and repremands

sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 8:54:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
DDO should make public the number of "Reported posts" and other such rule violations on everyone's profile who has been the subject to such violations.

What do you think? I think it would go along way to cutting down the abusive personal attacks and ad-homs. Get so many and your suspended and then gone for ever.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 9:09:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
One big word popped into my head when I read this.

Wanna know what it was?

WHY?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 9:11:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 9:09:08 PM, OberHerr wrote:
One big word popped into my head when I read this.

Wanna know what it was?

WHY?

It's a deterrent.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 9:12:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 9:11:11 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 3/12/2013 9:09:08 PM, OberHerr wrote:
One big word popped into my head when I read this.

Wanna know what it was?

WHY?

It's a deterrent.

And it would make this site a site where you have to tip-around to make sure your not offending every little person here.

I mean, did we learn nothing from WriterDave and Royal's banning crusades?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
airmax1227
Posts: 13,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 9:14:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 8:54:44 PM, sadolite wrote:
DDO should make public the number of "Reported posts" and other such rule violations on everyone's profile who has been the subject to such violations.

If this were automated you'd see people you never expected with many "reported posts". If it were up to the mod to notate it personally I think they would refuse, for one, because it'd be time consuming and secondly, because public shaming isn't really appropriate.

If anyone has a problem with anyone they can contact the proper authorities and they'll do something about it.

What do you think? I think it would go along way to cutting down the abusive personal attacks and ad-homs. Get so many and your suspended and then gone for ever.

I'd have to disagree with this idea because it seems unnecessary and because its what is essentially already done, but in a far less public way.

If anyone is experiencing constant personal attacks and ad-homs they are always free to contact me and I'll do what I can to resolve the issues privately.
Debate.org Moderator
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 8:59:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
many people take offense to everything and honestly good people would end up with a bad reputation just cuz they bumped into a bad person, like qopel, who rages if you vote against him and takes offense to that.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
qopel
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 10:27:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/15/2013 8:59:24 AM, Smithereens wrote:
many people take offense to everything and honestly good people would end up with a bad reputation just cuz they bumped into a bad person, like qopel, who rages if you vote against him and takes offense to that.

You vote for cheaters. Shame on you
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 11:37:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/15/2013 8:59:24 AM, Smithereens wrote:
many people take offense to everything and honestly good people would end up with a bad reputation just cuz they bumped into a bad person

^ This

like qopel, who rages if you vote against him and takes offense to that.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 11:38:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/15/2013 8:59:24 AM, Smithereens wrote:
many people take offense to everything and honestly good people would end up with a bad reputation just cuz they bumped into a bad person, like qopel, who rages if you vote against him and takes offense to that.

Verily!
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:05:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/15/2013 8:59:24 AM, Smithereens wrote:
many people take offense to everything and honestly good people would end up with a bad reputation just cuz they bumped into a bad person, like qopel, who rages if you vote against him and takes offense to that.

^ I can also testify to that as well.... I coutnered one votebomb on one of his debates, he ended up votebombing several of mine in retaliation.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:14:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/15/2013 12:12:19 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Am I the only person who, if this got implemented, would aim for a high score?

I like the way you think ;D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 1:34:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/15/2013 12:05:29 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/15/2013 8:59:24 AM, Smithereens wrote:
many people take offense to everything and honestly good people would end up with a bad reputation just cuz they bumped into a bad person, like qopel, who rages if you vote against him and takes offense to that.

^ I can also testify to that as well.... I coutnered one votebomb on one of his debates, he ended up votebombing several of mine in retaliation.....

Again, please refrain from chastising others for behavior similar to your own.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 1:34:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/15/2013 12:12:19 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Am I the only person who, if this got implemented, would aim for a high score?

No one can beat the master. I'm like a seventh level black sheep belt.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 9:11:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/16/2013 1:34:03 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/15/2013 12:05:29 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/15/2013 8:59:24 AM, Smithereens wrote:
many people take offense to everything and honestly good people would end up with a bad reputation just cuz they bumped into a bad person, like qopel, who rages if you vote against him and takes offense to that.

^ I can also testify to that as well.... I coutnered one votebomb on one of his debates, he ended up votebombing several of mine in retaliation.....

Again, please refrain from chastising others for behavior similar to your own.

Oh look everyone, its the biggest baby on the entire site....

hey malcolm, How many times have I vote bombed people's debates just because they didn't vote for me on one of mine again?.... The answer is zero, so my behvior is nothing like Qopels...

The funny part is Qopel only creates 1 hate thread when he whines like a baby over something.... When you whine like a baby over something you create 6 hate threads, AND vote bomb people's debates, AND have to be temp banned just so that you can get a hold of yourself...

So if anyone around here has something in common with Qopels immaturity, that would be YOU malcolm. Now kindly go f*ck yourself, you're as much of a hypocrite as you are a retard....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 9:38:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/16/2013 9:11:51 AM, imabench wrote:
At 3/16/2013 1:34:03 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/15/2013 12:05:29 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/15/2013 8:59:24 AM, Smithereens wrote:
many people take offense to everything and honestly good people would end up with a bad reputation just cuz they bumped into a bad person, like qopel, who rages if you vote against him and takes offense to that.

^ I can also testify to that as well.... I coutnered one votebomb on one of his debates, he ended up votebombing several of mine in retaliation.....

Again, please refrain from chastising others for behavior similar to your own.

Oh look everyone, its the biggest baby on the entire site....

hey malcolm, How many times have I vote bombed people's debates just because they didn't vote for me on one of mine again?.... The answer is zero, so my behvior is nothing like Qopels...

The funny part is Qopel only creates 1 hate thread when he whines like a baby over something.... When you whine like a baby over something you create 6 hate threads, AND vote bomb people's debates, AND have to be temp banned just so that you can get a hold of yourself...

So if anyone around here has something in common with Qopels immaturity, that would be YOU malcolm. Now kindly go f*ck yourself, you're as much of a hypocrite as you are a retard....

*cough* bullsh!t *cough*
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 9:46:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.debate.org...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 10:01:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
i'd have to agree with the others. what I mean is malcom and qopel you guys can really get overly dramatic and aggressive in some situations
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 10:07:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/16/2013 10:01:03 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
i'd have to agree with the others. what I mean is malcom and qopel you guys can really get overly dramatic and aggressive in some situations

no sh!t...really? I didn't notice. I was too busy being "angry".
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 1:14:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 8:54:44 PM, sadolite wrote:
DDO should make public the number of "Reported posts" and other such rule violations on everyone's profile who has been the subject to such violations.

What do you think? I think it would go along way to cutting down the abusive personal attacks and ad-homs. Get so many and your suspended and then gone for ever.

Inter-community accountability. I like it.

YYW approves. (Also, I'd like to know how often I get reported -lol.)
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 2:12:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/17/2013 1:15:22 AM, YYW wrote:

That should be painted and framed.

Your wish = My command

http://i.imgur.com...
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...