Jump to topic:

Out of control vote bombing

qopel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:35:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Once again, people have to act like children and vote bomb my debate.
http://www.debate.org...

thett3:
"time to join the party, counter proglib lololololol no, but seriously Daktoria is making his own arguments about the resolution, not anayzing the debate. Qopel got wrecked in this debate"
"go ahead and report me"

When I said I would report him,
imabench bragged:
"I work with them, I think ill be in good shape"

People are actually CVBing CVBs!
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:36:37 PM
I encourage everyone to read what happened in context before passing judgement. The vote I counter was a CVB to a CVB (lol), but I think we can all agree the original vote was a bomb. He was constructing his own arguments, no analysis of the debate
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:47:28 PM
Alright heres what happened:

Daktoria gave a 7 point vote on this debate in qopel's favor in this debate

Daktoria though has a history of voting based on his own opinion rather then arguments presented, so I countered his 7 point votebomb.

Following my counter, qopel lost his mind and proceeded on votebombing several of my debates in retaliation like a baby, and then in a PM he sent me he threatened to report me to the authorities in a childish attempt to blackmail me. After pointing out how full of sh*t he was and how much of a hypocrite he is being, he left the PM and apparently made a forum about the whole thing.

If you have had similar attacks from Qopel where he attacked you because you didnt vote in his favor on any of his debates, feel free to post about it in this thread.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
atheismo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 1:02:04 PM
You cant expect to get a fair hearing on a site with a religious majority there will always be stupid people votingagainst rational logic because of their preconcived biases.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 1:10:11 PM
At 3/15/2013 1:02:04 PM, atheismo wrote:
You cant expect to get a fair hearing on a site with a religious majority there will always be stupid people votingagainst rational logic because of their preconcived biases.

There isnt a religious majority on this site.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 1:11:02 PM

Qopel isn't exactly known for making rational arguments though
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

atheismo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 1:17:33 PM
At 3/15/2013 1:11:02 PM, imabench wrote:

any argument that is against religion is better than an argument for religion, it makes no sense. there are arguments against religion not rational, but the arguments he makes have reason and science, logic, etc. instead of faith etc
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 1:19:37 PM
I too have been vote bombed by dacktoria and it hasn't even been fully countered yet.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 1:21:37 PM
At 3/15/2013 1:17:33 PM, atheismo wrote:

any argument that is against religion is better than an argument for religion...

Yes, the ole bandwagon thing. As long as they come to the right conclusion, who cares how they got there, right? Any argument is good as long as the conclusion is against religion.

1. If God exists, then I'll be a monkey's uncle.
2. I'm not a monkey's uncle.
3. Therefore, God does not exist.

Wonderful argument! Maybe I wouldn't make it myself, but I'll support whoever does, by golly!
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 1:23:30 PM

any argument that is against religion is better than an argument for religion, it makes no sense.

lolololololololol what a rational thing to say. So let me get this straight, if I argue that God does not exist because I happen to be listening to Taylor Swift right now, thats more rational in your eyes than, say, the KCA or another theistic argument?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 1:27:03 PM
At 3/15/2013 1:23:30 PM, thett3 wrote:

any argument that is against religion is better than an argument for religion, it makes no sense.

lolololololololol what a rational thing to say. So let me get this straight, if I argue that God does not exist because I happen to be listening to Taylor Swift right now, thats more rational in your eyes than, say, the KCA or another theistic argument?

Acually I take that back. I misread the second part of your post. You should probably word that claim differently though.

Why do you feel qopel won the debate?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

qopel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 1:33:05 PM
At 3/15/2013 1:27:03 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/15/2013 1:23:30 PM, thett3 wrote:

Acually I take that back. I misread the second part of your post. You should probably word that claim differently though.

Why do you feel qopel won the debate?

I'll tell you why I won the debate. My opponent accepted the definition of Atheism is "The Lack of the Belief in a God".
Then he went and used the definition of Atheism as "The belief in the lack of a God" to make his entire argument.
Total cheat.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 2:56:46 PM
At 3/15/2013 12:35:09 PM, qopel wrote:
Once again, people have to act like children and vote bomb my debate.

thett3:
"time to join the party, counter proglib lololololol no, but seriously Daktoria is making his own arguments about the resolution, not anayzing the debate. Qopel got wrecked in this debate"
"go ahead and report me"

When I said I would report him,
imabench bragged:
"I work with them, I think ill be in good shape"

People are actually CVBing CVBs!

Yes, people can do that, Thete was correcting some else's misCVB on Ima
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 7:19:06 PM
Since when was vote bombing ever under control? Countering a vote bomb with a vote bomb? Two wrongs make a right? It's none of another voters business if another person vote bombs. Your just part of the problem if you try to counter it. (opinion)
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 7:31:47 PM
At 3/15/2013 7:19:06 PM, sadolite wrote:
Since when was vote bombing ever under control? Countering a vote bomb with a vote bomb? Two wrongs make a right? It's none of another voters business if another person vote bombs. Your just part of the problem if you try to counter it. (opinion)

A wrong opinion, I suppose. But still an opinion.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 8:22:52 PM
At 3/15/2013 7:31:47 PM, Zaradi wrote:

So doing the very same thing that you admonish is the right thing to do? That's like saying someone killed a child so you are going to kill their child.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 8:29:32 PM
I'm coming to realize more and more that vote-bombing is a serious problem on DDO, but I don't think this is a strong example of the issue.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 9:30:22 PM
At 3/15/2013 1:21:37 PM, philochristos wrote:

any argument that is against religion is better than an argument for religion...

Yes, the ole bandwagon thing. As long as they come to the right conclusion, who cares how they got there, right? Any argument is good as long as the conclusion is against religion.

1. If God exists, then I'll be a monkey's uncle.
2. I'm not a monkey's uncle.

Wonderful argument! Maybe I wouldn't make it myself, but I'll support whoever does, by golly!

You have irrevocably shaken my faith in Christ.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 9:33:25 PM
At 3/15/2013 1:10:11 PM, thett3 wrote:

Christian, plus Christian Catholic, plus Christian protestant, plus Christian Baptist, plus Muslim equals 7,030 of the people on this site.

Atheist, plus agnostic, plus secular equals 6,149.

The difference is also probably a lot larger than that since, while some of the non-religious weren't counted, many other religions as well as Christian denominations weren't counted.

I think there's always been a religious majority.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 9:40:54 PM
At 3/15/2013 8:22:52 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/15/2013 7:31:47 PM, Zaradi wrote:

So doing the very same thing that you admonish is the right thing to do? That's like saying someone killed a child so you are going to kill their child.

Wow, talk about taking things to extremes. No, those aren't even close to the same thing.

Let's see if you can add. Let's say we have a debate that just got into the voting period, making it a 0-0 tie. Imabench, in all of his benchy-goodness, tromps on in and slams a seven-point votebomb down in favor of the pro. The score is now 7-0 pro. Now according to you countering the votebomb by giving seven points to the con isn't a right thing to do, but only makes things worse. Lets assume for example, that con probably won the debate. If I go in and vote normally for con, say, giving him four points, the score would be 7-4. Even though the first legitimate vote is in favor of con, he's still losing the debate due to that vote-bomb. However, if I counter the vote-bomb and give him seven points, the score reverts back to being a tie, at 7-7.

By countering the vote-bomb, I undo the damage done by the previous vote-bomb. This allows the debate to be fair again, as both sides start out tied once again.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to address the nearest first grade math teachers so she may teach you basic addition. Thank you, and have a lovely day!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 9:46:06 PM
At 3/15/2013 9:33:25 PM, phantom wrote:

Christian, plus Christian Catholic, plus Christian protestant, plus Christian Baptist, plus Muslim equals 7,030 of the people on this site.

The difference is also probably a lot larger than that since, while some of the non-religious weren't counted, many other religions as well as Christian denominations weren't counted.

I was talking about active members
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 9:49:04 PM
At 3/15/2013 9:46:06 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 3/15/2013 9:33:25 PM, phantom wrote:

I was talking about active members

Okay. I don't know about active members. I'd say it's probably close though.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 9:52:35 PM
I've seen a few of Daktoria's ballots and the impression I got was that he just voted straight 7 to whoever he agreed with.

I seriously doubt thett is guilty of vote bombing...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 10:10:28 PM
At 3/15/2013 9:52:35 PM, Raisor wrote:
I've seen a few of Daktoria's ballots and the impression I got was that he just voted straight 7 to whoever he agreed with.

I seriously doubt thett is guilty of vote bombing...

I was the one who countered Daktoria.... Then proglib countered me because he thought Daktoria's vote was legit even though it clearly isnt. Thett then countered proglib while qopel began being a massive baby about the whole thing.

KeytarHero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 10:56:39 PM
At 3/15/2013 12:47:28 PM, imabench wrote:

Daktoria though has a history of voting based on his own opinion rather then arguments presented, so I countered his 7 point votebomb.

Following my counter, qopel lost his mind and proceeded on votebombing several of my debates in retaliation like a baby, and then in a PM he sent me he threatened to report me to the authorities in a childish attempt to blackmail me. After pointing out how full of sh*t he was and how much of a hypocrite he is being, he left the PM and apparently made a forum about the whole thing.

If you have had similar attacks from Qopel where he attacked you because you didnt vote in his favor on any of his debates, feel free to post about it in this thread.

The same thing happened to me. I voted against him (and gave a legitimate RFD, as I always do), and he proceeded to votebomb one of my debates.
likespeace
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 1:23:06 AM
At 3/15/2013 1:21:37 PM, philochristos wrote:

You've now simultaneously convinced me with your divine arguments that (a) Jesus lived (b) God is dead. How is that for a confliced belief system?!
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 1:29:33 AM

Let's be mindful of everyone's history, shall we?
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 10:11:13 PM
At 3/16/2013 1:29:33 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

Well I would try to include yours but sadly there is an 8000 character limit on posts.... We can just all agree though that your the most childish person here since you seem to be gunning for that award at this point

malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2013 10:21:04 PM
At 3/16/2013 10:11:13 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/16/2013 1:29:33 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

Well I would try to include yours but sadly there is an 8000 character limit on posts.... We can just all agree though that your the most childish person here since you seem to be gunning for that award at this point

WINNING! (don't forget I'm also the smartest...and before you "lol", please be mindful of how stupid I can make you look without even trying...I mean, who saved a screenshot of a few threads I barely remember and added links to their sig? Wadn't me...)
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...