Jump to topic:

Adopt-A-Voter

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2013 6:46:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
There is a common issue that people have with not being able to vote on debates.
Reasons may very from something small, like not being in the right country, to something more understandable like the prevention of potential vote bombers. However, if you are honest and integral person who wishes to cast a vote, but simply cannot do so due to restrictions, than join the adopt a voter program.

Here's how it works:

If you want to vote on a debate, but don't have the eligibility to do so, post the link of the debate here. You will then write down your comments on why you think this person won (either in the comments of that debate, or here so you can have the voter C/P them in the voting comments).

The obvious rule to coincide with this would be that the adopted voter not vote unless the reasoning is just and sound, and isn't unfair. The voter should dis-reguard their own opinions on the vote, however only vote if they feel the vote is completely fair, the debate was thoroughly read, and proper time was put into analyzation process of the vote.

The person that votes for the restricted voter, will obviously have to note that the voters name when he/she votes.

Happy voting, restricted voters!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 4:24:45 PM
At 3/17/2013 6:46:19 PM, TUF wrote:
There is a common issue that people have with not being able to vote on debates.
Reasons may very from something small, like not being in the right country, to something more understandable like the prevention of potential vote bombers. However, if you are honest and integral person who wishes to cast a vote, but simply cannot do so due to restrictions, than join the adopt a voter program.

Here's how it works:

If you want to vote on a debate, but don't have the eligibility to do so, post the link of the debate here. You will then write down your comments on why you think this person won (either in the comments of that debate, or here so you can have the voter C/P them in the voting comments).

The obvious rule to coincide with this would be that the adopted voter not vote unless the reasoning is just and sound, and isn't unfair. The voter should dis-reguard their own opinions on the vote, however only vote if they feel the vote is completely fair, the debate was thoroughly read, and proper time was put into analyzation process of the vote.

The person that votes for the restricted voter, will obviously have to note that the voters name when he/she votes.

I believe restricted voters are noobs who have no idea how to post here or who don't actually use this the forums.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 11:38:06 AM
At 3/19/2013 4:24:45 PM, Smithereens wrote:

Here's how it works:

I believe restricted voters are noobs who have no idea how to post here or who don't actually use this the forums.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 12:34:37 PM
Mainly directed at people from other countries, or people without cell phones.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 12:35:03 PM
At 3/20/2013 12:29:42 PM, FrackJack wrote:
I cant vote.

Well now you can.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 8:29:15 PM
At 3/20/2013 11:38:06 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Here's how it works:

Why do you feel the need to quote... I can read what Smithereens said just fine. My curiosity factor increased by 100.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 8:41:37 PM
At 3/21/2013 8:29:15 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Here's how it works:

Why do you feel the need to quote... I can read what Smithereens said just fine. My curiosity factor increased by 100.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 11:26:54 PM
At 3/21/2013 8:41:37 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 3/21/2013 8:29:15 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Here's how it works:

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2013 11:06:11 AM
The point is TUF can read Skepsikima's post just fine. He doesn't your mob mentality trying to convince him that his idea is bad. You added no new points to the discussion.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2013 11:24:40 AM
At 3/22/2013 11:06:11 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
The point is TUF can read Skepsikima's post just fine. He doesn't your mob mentality trying to convince him that his idea is bad. You added no new points to the discussion.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2013 2:45:15 PM
The problem is then users who are losing a debate can create accounts, give an RFD in their favour and then request one of us to give them those points. There's a great deal of room for abuse of this system.

We could get around this by making it mandatory that votes will only be carried out if the user requesting the vote has been on for several weeks with regular activity on the site, but if you can't finish 3 debates in several weeks time then you probably aren't active enough on this site to warrant voting capabilities anyway.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2013 4:07:38 PM
At 3/23/2013 2:45:15 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
The problem is then users who are losing a debate can create accounts, give an RFD in their favour and then request one of us to give them those points. There's a great deal of room for abuse of this system.

We could get around this by making it mandatory that votes will only be carried out if the user requesting the vote has been on for several weeks with regular activity on the site, but if you can't finish 3 debates in several weeks time then you probably aren't active enough on this site to warrant voting capabilities anyway.

Like I said. This is for people without cell phones and people from other countries. I agree.