Jump to topic:

Does debate spam your phone?

BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2009 8:53:59 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
The phone number is only there to prevent spam. By putting your phone number in, you prove that you exist and are an entity. You will not receive texts from ddo ever.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2009 9:22:41 AM
It is strictly for confirmation purposes, they will never attempt to send you anything.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2009 9:41:21 AM
Nah... But speaking of spam, do you know what I hate? How whenever you post a comment to something (in particular, a debate), the boxes that say "Send me updates whenever this debate is commented on" or whatever are automatically checked. Why the hell would frequent users want to receive e-mails about every little thing they comment on? We don't. It only takes about a second, but unchecking those boxes really annoys me :P
President of DDO
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2009 10:11:48 AM
At 11/11/2009 9:41:21 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Nah... But speaking of spam, do you know what I hate? How whenever you post a comment to something (in particular, a debate), the boxes that say "Send me updates whenever this debate is commented on" or whatever are automatically checked. Why the hell would frequent users want to receive e-mails about every little thing they comment on? We don't. It only takes about a second, but unchecking those boxes really annoys me :P

yeah I hate that so much. When I signed up my email was clogged, I just blocked them
kfc
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2009 10:40:33 AM
At 11/11/2009 10:11:48 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 11/11/2009 9:41:21 AM, theLwerd wrote:

yeah I hate that so much. When I signed up my email was clogged, I just blocked them

On your personal menu on the left of your screen, do Favorites>Debates. There, you can remove all the debate. But you already know this, beem0r. Stop feigning ignorance.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2009 12:06:03 PM
I only have 2 debates in there though and they're ones that I want to be there. I guess I see what you're saying now though - ty!
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2009 12:12:46 PM
I meant to say that when you comment on a debate, the boxes are already checked for the options:

Email me when...
[ ] a new comment is posted on this debate.
[ ] the winner has been decided for this debate.

It's not a big deal to un-check them, but I wish they weren't.

We should simply be able to specifically decide what we wish to receive e-mails for; we shouldn't automatically receive any of them or have it assumed that we'd like to unless further requested... just my humble opinion. It's not really terribly important though.
President of DDO
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2009 12:16:48 PM
At 11/11/2009 12:12:46 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I meant to say that when you comment on a debate, the boxes are already checked for the options:

Email me when...

We should simply be able to specifically decide what we wish to receive e-mails for; we shouldn't automatically receive any of them or have it assumed that we'd like to unless further requested... just my humble opinion. It's not really terribly important though.

I was responding to beem0r (aka Koopin).

But, for me, it's become a reflex to uncheck the boxes.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2009 3:27:43 PM
At 11/11/2009 12:16:48 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 11/11/2009 12:12:46 PM, theLwerd wrote:

Email me when...

I was responding to beem0r (aka Koopin).

Lol, there is no way Koopin is beemor.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5