Jump to topic:

8/2/2027 and the Last Days

Lucky_Stars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 11:17:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
There is a billboard on I-35 between Dallas and Austin that says Christ stands on Mt. Olivet at 12:00 PM. It quotes Amos 8:9 which says "And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:" The website this is on is www.august2nd2027.com

There happens to be a total solar eclipse over Jerusalem at 12:00 PM on 8/2/2027. Is this proof we are in the last days? Is this proof Christ is returning?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 11:53:02 PM
At 3/25/2013 11:17:03 PM, Lucky_Stars wrote:
There is a billboard on I-35 between Dallas and Austin that says Christ stands on Mt. Olivet at 12:00 PM. It quotes Amos 8:9 which says "And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:" The website this is on is www.august2nd2027.com

There happens to be a total solar eclipse over Jerusalem at 12:00 PM on 8/2/2027. Is this proof we are in the last days? Is this proof Christ is returning?

No its not proof at all and no hes not returning.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2013 12:16:36 AM
After what we did to him the first time, Christ would have to be crazy to return here!
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2013 12:29:40 AM

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 24:36
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2013 5:23:09 AM
At 3/26/2013 12:29:40 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 24:36

This is what always gets me. How is The Holy Trinity possible (which makes God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit the same entity, thus removing the polytheistic aspects of Christianity...except for the unfortunate issues with Satan and Hades being the same), when one third of it knows something another third doesn't?

It's messed up.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2013 7:28:00 AM
At 3/25/2013 11:53:02 PM, imabench wrote:

No its not proof at all and no hes not returning.

He is returning not just that day.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bibleprophecychannel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 6:29:03 PM
At 3/26/2013 5:23:09 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

This is what always gets me. How is The Holy Trinity possible (which makes God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit the same entity, thus removing the polytheistic aspects of Christianity...except for the unfortunate issues with Satan and Hades being the same), when one third of it knows something another third doesn't?

It's messed up.

1st of all the trinity is not a bible teaching. Now Hades is the same as Sheol which is the grave and it has nothing to do with the pagan mythology of hell-fire. Now when it comes to Satan. Satan in the bible is not a supernatural fallen angel

<Because the word "satan" just means an adversary, a good person, even God Himself, can be termed a "satan". The word "satan" does not therefore necessarily refer to sin. The sinful connotations which the word "satan" has are partly due to the fact that our own sinful nature is our biggest "satan" or adversary, and also due to the use of the word in the language of the world to refer to something associated with sin. God Himself can be a satan to us by means of bringing trials into our lives, or by standing in the way of a wrong course of action we may be embarking on. But the fact that God can be called a "satan" does not mean that He Himself is sinful.

The books of Samuel and Chronicles are parallel accounts of the same incidents, as the four gospels are records of the same events but using different language. 2 Sam. 24:1 records: "The Lord...moved David against Israel" in order to make him take a census of Israel. The parallel account in 1 Chron. 21:1 says that "Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David" to take the census. In one passage God does the "moving", in the other satan does it. The only conclusion is that God acted as a "satan" or adversary to David. He did the same to Job by bringing trials into his life, so that Job said about God: "With the strength of Your hand You oppose me" (Job 30:21); "You are acting as a satan against me", was what Job was basically saying. Or again, speaking of God: "I must appeal for mercy to my accuser (satan)" (Job 9:15 NRSV).>
bibleprophecychannel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 6:33:08 PM

No its not proof

It is at best an educated guess based on the prophetic detail that God has graciously revealed unto us through his Word

This video may help you to understand the website
bibleprophecychannel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 6:41:11 PM

But of that day and hour Nobody has known'!
35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away. (Matthew 24)

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. (Matthew 24 KJV)
36 But as to that day and that hour, no one knows, neither the angels of Heaven, except My Father only. (Matthew 24 GLT)
36 'And concerning that day and the hour no one hath known -- not even the messengers of the heavens -- except my Father only; (Matthew 24 YLT)
36 About and the day that and hour no one knows, nor the messengers of the heavens, except the Father alone. (Matthew 24 ED)

32 Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father.
33 Keep looking, keep awake, for you do not know when the appointed time is (Mark 13).

Most bibles translate these two verses more or less as above. But the Greek does not say this at all. The Greek word translated 'knows' is oiden . This is the 3rd person singular perfect tense of eido, which means 'I see' like the Latin 'Video'. The perfect tense is used for completed actions in the past. So oiden literally means 'he has seen' . Now either this Greek word 'oiden' is in the present tense or it is in the past tense.

To quote Liddell & Scott Greek Lexicon under 'Eido':

'To know:- the perfect tense "Oida", I have seen, as a present tense verb, in the sense I know, for what one has seen one knows.'

What this means is that: 'Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows' is a linguistically possible sense of the Greek, and this is where the confusion has arisen. But it is not what the Greek actually says, no, the exact literal translation is: 'Concerning that day or the hour nobody has seen (with his mind)' this being meant in the sense of 'Concerning that day or the hour nobody has known.' Young's Literal Translation of the bible has: 'Nobody has known', the Greek Interlinear Translation has 'Nobody has known'!

36 About but the day that and hour no one has known, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, if not the Father only

32 And concerning that day and the hour, no one hath known, no even the messengers who are in the heaven, not even the son, except the father (Mark 13 - Young's Literal Translation).

'No one has known', or 'Nobody has seen' has a whole different connotation from 'no one knows' or 'nobody knows', because it is actually saying 'nobody has known in the past'. So with the exact translation, it is evident that Jesus was simply saying that no creation had yet been granted a knowledge of the day or the hour from time indefinite up to that time, which was Nisan 11, 33 AD. In any event these two scriptures, seeing as they are written in the past tense cannot be a prohibition on future knowledge of that 'day' and that 'hour'.

No statement about past knowledge can be a prohibition on future knowledge

No man knows for certain the date of his marriage until he has become engaged

http://august2nd2027com.blogspot.co.uk...
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 6:57:29 PM

First, the religion forum is that way =>

Second, you get your understanding of religion from websites and billboards?

Third, speculation about prophecy is pointless. Assume that you will live your entire life without any supernatural out from your problems; you'll be less likely to be disappointed.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 3:34:51 PM
At 10/4/2013 6:57:29 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

First, the religion forum is that way =>
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 2:30:17 PM
At 10/9/2013 8:50:55 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
"No man knows the day nor the hour."

/thread

Must ask women.
0x5f3759df
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 11:20:05 AM

no...
Turn around, go back.