drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 3:19:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Just got this in my friend requests:
http://imgur.com...

I am 100% sure this is a spambot, since the account was created only an hour ago and it types like a spambot.
In light of this foreshadowment of an impending spam sh*tstorm, I feel that I should remind people about basic Internet safety:
- If it claims to be a female with a love interest in you, it is a 23-year old virgin male living in a basement who wants your money.
- Don't try emailing strange women with Indian Yahoo email addresses.
- No, she isn't going to show you a nude photo. She will, however, give you malware, so make sure you have up-to-date antivirus!
- If you don't have antivirus, Microsoft Security Essentials is free, and it works just as good as any other antivirus app.
- Above all else, DON'T CLICK ANY SUSPISCIOUS LINKS FROM PMs FROM PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW, AND DON'T EMAIL THEM, EITHER!

Sorry if this is seen as backseat moderation, I just don't want people trying to email the address in the photo. That being said, anyone who tries to e-mail it after reading this is an idiot, and assumes full responsibility for consequences arising from said pursuit of said stupidity. You have been warned.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2013 4:32:21 PM
At 3/27/2013 3:19:55 PM, drhead wrote:
Just got this in my friend requests:
http://imgur.com...

I am 100% sure this is a spambot, since the account was created only an hour ago and it types like a spambot.
In light of this foreshadowment of an impending spam sh*tstorm, I feel that I should remind people about basic Internet safety:
- If it claims to be a female with a love interest in you, it is a 23-year old virgin male living in a basement who wants your money.
- Don't try emailing strange women with Indian Yahoo email addresses.
- No, she isn't going to show you a nude photo. She will, however, give you malware, so make sure you have up-to-date antivirus!
- If you don't have antivirus, Microsoft Security Essentials is free, and it works just as good as any other antivirus app.
- Above all else, DON'T CLICK ANY SUSPISCIOUS LINKS FROM PMs FROM PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW, AND DON'T EMAIL THEM, EITHER!

Sorry if this is seen as backseat moderation, I just don't want people trying to email the address in the photo. That being said, anyone who tries to e-mail it after reading this is an idiot, and assumes full responsibility for consequences arising from said pursuit of said stupidity. You have been warned.

My God, you're right! I never realized! Thank you so much, drhead!
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 6:45:06 PM
We all love the sarcasm.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~