Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Why do i have to give my cell number to vote?

Noswad63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 7:11:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Why should i have to give my cell phone number to vote? I don't have a cell phone and if i did i wouldn't use it. I don't really like cellphones and since i dont have one i cant vote which is unfair since this is debate.org not musthaveacellphonetovote.org. So honestly i think they should change this, and make it fair to people who dont have cell phones.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 7:15:41 PM
It's to fight people making multiple accounts to vote.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 7:17:48 PM
To prove you're not a robot.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 9:24:13 PM
Because people with phones don't votebomb.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 10:18:41 PM
At 3/30/2013 9:24:13 PM, Noumena wrote:

There must be an awful lot of people on this site using fake numbers, then!
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Sola.Gratia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 11:51:34 PM
At 3/30/2013 7:11:52 PM, Noswad63 wrote:
Why should i have to give my cell phone number to vote? I don't have a cell phone and if i did i wouldn't use it. I don't really like cellphones and since i dont have one i cant vote which is unfair since this is debate.org not musthaveacellphonetovote.org. So honestly i think they should change this, and make it fair to people who dont have

Although I have a cell phone.. I didn't like that DDO asked for it just so I can vote.. Kinda whack..
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
Sola.Gratia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 11:52:43 PM
At 3/30/2013 10:18:41 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 3/30/2013 9:24:13 PM, Noumena wrote:

There must be an awful lot of people on this site using fake numbers, then!

Ahaha!!!! Must be... Cause I've seen a lot of peeps that voting...
"What is sin? It is the glory of God not honored. Holiness of God not reverenced. Greatness of God not admired. Power of God not praised. Truth of God not sought. Wisdom of God not esteemed. Beauty of God not treasured. Goodness of God not savored. Faithfulness of God not trusted. Commandments of God not obeyed. Justice of God not respected. Wrath of God not feared. Grace of God not cherished. Presence of God not prized. Person of God not loved. That is sin." ~John Piper
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 4:28:30 AM
I think its something about protecting the site from multi accounts. This would start a good debate on DDO. You know, kind of like voter ID laws vs. open voting. The same could be debated here.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 4:34:29 AM
As this website grows larger and larger, more people without cell phones are joining. Should this minority be stuck with less rights than a majority.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 10:40:16 AM
At 3/30/2013 7:11:52 PM, Noswad63 wrote:
Why should i have to give my cell phone number to vote? I don't have a cell phone and if i did i wouldn't use it. I don't really like cellphones and since i dont have one i cant vote which is unfair since this is debate.org not musthaveacellphonetovote.org. So honestly i think they should change this, and make it fair to people who dont have cell phones.

Airmax may be able to waive the cellphone requirement if you submit a request.