Jump to topic:

If I wanted constructive feedback on a debate

medv4380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 8:56:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is the Forums appropriate to ask for constructive feed back? My first debate is just about done with voting, and it doesn't seem like the comment(s) are constructive for improving. I would like to know how I could improve a my particular argument and style.
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 11:26:50 AM
I managed to find it. I think you did well - you raised a strong case about bitcoins being deflationary making them too valuable since they can only be segmented so much, and that was enough to convince me (a passive supporter of bitcoins).

Fortunately for you, I coincidentally cast my vote immediately after someone did a counter-votebomb, so unless someone else votes really soon, you'll win that debate.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
medv4380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 1:47:40 PM
This is the link
http://www.debate.org...

@drhead
Thank you. It actually means more to me that I was actually able to convince a bitcoin supporter. I find bitcoins to be a novel currency, and a good alpha test of the concept, but as a good, healthy, long term currency it's too questionable for me as its been implemented.

Did you find my sarcasm at the end a bit too over the top. I didn't really know how to handle the accusation that I had accused bitcoins of being a Ponzi scheme when I hadn't. It made me feel like my opponent had only skimmed my argument. So I opted for a mocking level of sarcasm rather than just a strait faced correction.

The part that convinced you regarding the limit of bitcoin segments I was holding for when he should have pulled out the argument to counter the limited number of bitcoins I opened with. For some reason he never wanted to go into the 2.1 quadrillion limit so I put it in my closing instead.