Jump to topic:

DDO Member Pay Site

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:27:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I was asked to make this thread by the DDO moderater (I am assuming one of the Juggle employees), after I had inquired about future site developments, and plans.

I remember quite a few people have brought this up in the past, and expressed a great amount of interest in this, but I will reproach the subject to see what the current interest level is.

So I could really use some feedback. Supposing all the current features remained free for members who did not wish to pay: What features would be attractive enough for you to want to pay for in order to have more options and features?

EX: extra profile editing options, ability to edit posts, the ability to comment, like, and share pictures, etc.

All responses are appreciated.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:36:11 PM
Ummm........I'm assuming something like 5-10 bucks a month.......honestly, I don't think anything. A chat room would be a start, maybe team debates? An edit post system, a DDO built mafia game system, with a chat room for each game and custom roles.......stuff like that.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:36:39 PM
I would like to see the forum enhanced. I've suggested this before, but things like badges (and a 'contributor" badge for people who paid), achievements, post-number related titles (newbies, regular, veteran) and custom titles for paying members...

inb4 "This is a debate site, not a forum site" I know this is a DEBATE site, but the forums are extremely important and popular and undoubtedly a source and home of many debates and arguments.

inb4 "That stuff will encourage people to spam" Well I know that, but we have great moderators. If you spam, you could get a "spam" badge so everyone knows you suck. :P
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:43:05 PM
At 4/2/2013 5:27:19 PM, TUF wrote:
I was asked to make this thread by the DDO moderater (I am assuming one of the Juggle employees), after I had inquired about future site developments, and plans.

I remember quite a few people have brought this up in the past, and expressed a great amount of interest in this, but I will reproach the subject to see what the current interest level is.

So I could really use some feedback. Supposing all the current features remained free for members who did not wish to pay: What features would be attractive enough for you to want to pay for in order to have more options and features?

EX: extra profile editing options, ability to edit posts, the ability to comment, like, and share pictures, etc.

All responses are appreciated.

Create team debates
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
larztheloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:43:51 PM
Possibly live video team debates with team rankings and highly qualified judges. In fact, if a proportion of the money went towards getting a professional judge in to adjudicate your debates, and we could do a proper video debates complete with time for both teams to prepare as a team, I would actually sign up.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:44:26 PM
At 4/2/2013 5:36:11 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Ummm........I'm assuming something like 5-10 bucks a month.......honestly, I don't think anything. A chat room would be a start, maybe team debates? An edit post system, a DDO built mafia game system, with a chat room for each game and custom roles.......stuff like that.

I've definitely thought about the bolded, and agree that it would be pretty unique. the chatroom is a good idea also. Thanks ober!
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:45:54 PM
At 4/2/2013 5:36:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I would like to see the forum enhanced. I've suggested this before, but things like badges (and a 'contributor" badge for people who paid), achievements, post-number related titles (newbies, regular, veteran) and custom titles for paying members...

I've seen this done on other forums before.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:47:55 PM
Video debates is a definite one. And I like the idea of more customization. More sig space is another one.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:48:38 PM
Oh, and allow gifs as avatars.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:56:59 PM
At 4/2/2013 5:36:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:

inb4 "This is a debate site, not a forum site" I know this is a DEBATE site, but the forums are extremely important and popular and undoubtedly a source and home of many debates and arguments.

inb4 "That stuff will encourage people to spam" Well I know that, but we have great moderators. If you spam, you could get a "spam" badge so everyone knows you suck. :P

I'd like to add the ability to make posts using non-roman characters.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 5:57:24 PM
How much: 5-10$ a month

Things people would pay for:
- Team debates *
- DDO built mafia system
- Chatroom
-Enhanced forum features
- Live video debates*
-Professional judges
-Coaching for newer debaters
- Profile customization add ons

Good feedback so far, thankyou guys! The more feedback we can get, the more likely it will be that changes will be made.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:02:29 PM
At 4/2/2013 5:43:51 PM, larztheloser wrote:
Possibly live video team debates with team rankings and highly qualified judges. In fact, if a proportion of the money went towards getting a professional judge in to adjudicate your debates, and we could do a proper video debates complete with time for both teams to prepare as a team, I would actually sign up.

That would actually be quite interesting. I'd be interested in pursuing either side of that. Part of the monthly fee or whatever could go to paying the judge. Of course the actual payment to the judge would dictate how much we'd charge, but it's an interesting idea.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:03:13 PM
-Auto-flame feature
-Removal of curse-filter
-Mod abilities
-access to other DDOers PMs
-cellphone numbers and names of all the hot females that registered on DDO
-Ability to change the background color of a debate blue w/out getting banned.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:04:54 PM
At 4/2/2013 6:03:13 PM, darkkermit wrote:
-Auto-flame feature
-Removal of curse-filter
-Mod abilities
: -Ability to change the background color of a debate blue w/out getting banned.

Too late for WSA
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:10:59 PM
Some of these things I do feel should be bare necessities to a forum though.

It's the Bear necessities......
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:11:40 PM
At 4/2/2013 6:03:13 PM, darkkermit wrote:
-Auto-flame feature
-Removal of curse-filter
-Mod abilities
-Ability to change the background color of a debate blue w/out getting banned.

lol
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:32:07 PM

Sexy pictures of DDO females. That is all I would pay for
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:47:56 PM
For the record, there is already an attempt at the creation of team debating within the current framework of the site...

Unfortunately, it has yet to actually be applied in practice, as the second team ended up failing to participate, but it seems a feature a lot of people say they want, but are unwilling to actually participate in.

I am not sure what I'd pay for, honestly, which is a cop-out answer, but most of the things I could think of might just as easily annoy me that they have to be paid for, which might make me not come here.

Perhaps some more featuring/spotlighting? I like the idea of coaching...
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 6:52:42 PM
At 4/2/2013 5:39:52 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:
I would buy nothing.

Same here. But team debates would be awesome!
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 8:46:17 PM
I would pay for a premium forum only for senior-members. That is, members who have been here for at least a certain amount of time (say, a year) and have won a certain number of debates (say, five).

I love the newbies but this would still be great.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 8:55:50 PM
At 4/2/2013 6:32:07 PM, imabench wrote:

How much?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
LibertarianWithAVoice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 9:02:40 PM
At 4/2/2013 8:55:50 PM, Oryus wrote:

How much?

I would pay $.01 for every inch of skin ( normally not seen ) Lol JK
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 9:03:35 PM

How much?

Depends on the girl.

For you, thousands <3
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 9:06:20 PM
At 4/2/2013 9:03:35 PM, imabench wrote:

How much?

Depends on the girl.

For you, thousands <3

SUUUUUUUUCK UUUUUUUUUUUUP.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 9:10:16 PM
At 4/2/2013 9:03:35 PM, imabench wrote:

How much?

Depends on the girl.

For you, thousands <3

I'll consider it. I've got a lot of loans to pay off.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.