DDO Trials

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2013 9:39:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hey everyone,

So a high profile incident has occurred, beginning in the context of April Fools day so we can take it with a grain of salt and overlook some aspects, but nonetheless the issue of member conduct and initiating trials became a hot topic. I'd like to clarify some things and invite members to ask any questions they may have.

Three things:

1. Trials are begun by contacting the DDO President with a list and description of the accused member's offenses. In other words, in theory, simply one person can make a trial happen by submitting the proper evidence and arguments for it in a PM. Trials can be initiated for any number of offenses including poor voting conduct, member harassment, spamming, etc. This may be in an effort to see the member temp-banned, permanently banned, or have their voting privileges revoked.

2. Trials are not begun through a public petition or call-out thread of any kind. This is for at least two reasons: a.) the number of people who want a trial is irrelevant and b.) I would like to discourage mob rule and "X member should have a trial" threads spamming the forums.

3. In a broader sense, I believe discussing what is and isn't proper conduct on the site is an important conversation for us to have constantly. Having discussions about what should and should not be acceptable on the site is an important aspect of the site and may help us better hone what we consider acceptable. I hope members will continue to engage in this conversation, especially when there are specific incidences inspiring it- so long as no one is being attacked.
Debate.org Moderator
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 9:28:59 AM
I thought the trial was a joke.

But, ok.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 9:36:52 AM
who was the last person to be tried?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/3/2013 11:18:31 PM
At 4/3/2013 9:36:52 AM, lannan13 wrote:

good question, I thought Izbo, but there have been debates about members like rationalmadman if you remember him etc..
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2013 12:38:53 PM
At 4/4/2013 12:25:57 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/3/2013 9:36:52 AM, lannan13 wrote:

http://www.debate.org...

Reading this again almost makes me quite sad that the debate I am most proud of isn't attributed to me.