Total Posts:217|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Your DDO Persona *

inferno
Posts: 10,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 8:00:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is what. Some of you are known for certain roles here that you play at DDO. Is your character here the same as it is in the real world ? Or is this DDO persona of yours an alter ego.
Who are you. And what are you about. =)
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 8:16:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I have a messed up personality, I enjoy cooking, singing, violent war games and horror movies...

but what I am like on DDO? I have no idea, someone tell me.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
inferno
Posts: 10,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 8:20:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 8:16:10 AM, Smithereens wrote:
I have a messed up personality, I enjoy cooking, singing, violent war games and horror movies...

but what I am like on DDO? I have no idea, someone tell me.

Somebody who feels comfortable in their own skin even if they are somewhat conflicted. =)
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 11:29:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 8:00:55 AM, inferno wrote:
Is what. Some of you are known for certain roles here that you play at DDO. Is your character here the same as it is in the real world ? Or is this DDO persona of yours an alter ego.
Who are you. And what are you about. =)

I'm notoriously difficult to work with because I refuse to compromise in collaborative projects, so either I'm in control or I'm not playing the game. I'm also as morals/ethics/standards obsessed in the workplace as I am on DDO, which generally contributes to people thinking that I'm an overly "self righteous moral crusader," but I'm ok with that. I don't care what others think of me. I care what I think of me.
Tsar of DDO
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 11:32:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 8:00:55 AM, inferno wrote:
Is what. Some of you are known for certain roles here that you play at DDO. Is your character here the same as it is in the real world ? Or is this DDO persona of yours an alter ego.
Who are you. And what are you about. =)

Well, what are we but our thoughts and character?

I'm truthful in my thoughts and opinions here so yes, it's me.

Are we any more ourselves in real life where most of us probably don't even share as much of ourselves as we do here?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
inferno
Posts: 10,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 11:37:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 11:29:44 AM, YYW wrote:
At 4/11/2013 8:00:55 AM, inferno wrote:
Is what. Some of you are known for certain roles here that you play at DDO. Is your character here the same as it is in the real world ? Or is this DDO persona of yours an alter ego.
Who are you. And what are you about. =)

I'm notoriously difficult to work with because I refuse to compromise in collaborative projects, so either I'm in control or I'm not playing the game. I'm also as morals/ethics/standards obsessed in the workplace as I am on DDO, which generally contributes to people thinking that I'm an overly "self righteous moral crusader," but I'm ok with that. I don't care what others think of me. I care what I think of me.

Thank you for the story.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 11:37:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I've talked to several people on here via webcam at this point, and so far everyone I've talked to fits the idea I had of them my interactions with them on DDO, at least as far as I can remember.

I think the same is true for me, but that's not really something I can tell you with certainty.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
inferno
Posts: 10,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 11:42:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 11:37:54 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
I've talked to several people on here via webcam at this point, and so far everyone I've talked to fits the idea I had of them my interactions with them on DDO, at least as far as I can remember.

I think the same is true for me, but that's not really something I can tell you with certainty.

I believe you. But I also believe that even as an altered ego those traits or characteristics are what we are to some degree on a more subliminal level.
inferno
Posts: 10,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 11:43:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 11:29:44 AM, YYW wrote:
At 4/11/2013 8:00:55 AM, inferno wrote:
Is what. Some of you are known for certain roles here that you play at DDO. Is your character here the same as it is in the real world ? Or is this DDO persona of yours an alter ego.
Who are you. And what are you about. =)

I'm notoriously difficult to work with because I refuse to compromise in collaborative projects, so either I'm in control or I'm not playing the game. I'm also as morals/ethics/standards obsessed in the workplace as I am on DDO, which generally contributes to people thinking that I'm an overly "self righteous moral crusader," but I'm ok with that. I don't care what others think of me. I care what I think of me.

Selfish and awe inspiring display of painful truth.
Thank you.
inferno
Posts: 10,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 11:43:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 11:32:35 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/11/2013 8:00:55 AM, inferno wrote:
Is what. Some of you are known for certain roles here that you play at DDO. Is your character here the same as it is in the real world ? Or is this DDO persona of yours an alter ego.
Who are you. And what are you about. =)

Well, what are we but our thoughts and character?

I'm truthful in my thoughts and opinions here so yes, it's me.

Are we any more ourselves in real life where most of us probably don't even share as much of ourselves as we do here?

Thank you Ori.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 11:59:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm actually a large black woman. Oryus, Ryuu, Skepti, WSA, Airmax, and Budda can confirm.

/Krinack
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
inferno
Posts: 10,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:00:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 11:59:20 AM, Noumena wrote:
I'm actually a large black woman. Oryus, Ryuu, Skepti, WSA, Airmax, and Budda can confirm.

/Krinack

Oh really. So tell us more please. Im not impressed. =)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:06:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is a difficult question. I am me in real life as DDO knows me but I don't reveal most of me in real life. Hope that makes sense.

For instance, everyone knows I am liberal/atheist etc on DDO but not a lot of people know that about me in real life because I don't often discuss politics for instance. No one knows I am against gun rights and death penalty and so on. But I really am, so what I say on DDO is true. But it is not revealed in real life often.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:13:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 11:59:20 AM, Noumena wrote:
I'm actually a large black woman. Oryus, Ryuu, Skepti, WSA, Airmax, and Budda can confirm.

/Krinack

Yeah, and you dont need no man
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
imabench
Posts: 21,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:22:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm a bench
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lannan13
Posts: 23,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:26:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I know what my online image is, but that doesn't matter. What does matter is how other people see my online image.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
inferno
Posts: 10,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:49:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 12:26:17 PM, lannan13 wrote:
I know what my online image is, but that doesn't matter. What does matter is how other people see my online image.

Why does that matter, how other people see you online.
lannan13
Posts: 23,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:53:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 12:49:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 4/11/2013 12:26:17 PM, lannan13 wrote:
I know what my online image is, but that doesn't matter. What does matter is how other people see my online image.

Why does that matter, how other people see you online.

It matters because it builds your reputation and with the fact that today more and more employers are looking to social media vs. a resume.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
inferno
Posts: 10,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:54:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 12:53:42 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 4/11/2013 12:49:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 4/11/2013 12:26:17 PM, lannan13 wrote:
I know what my online image is, but that doesn't matter. What does matter is how other people see my online image.

Why does that matter, how other people see you online.

It matters because it builds your reputation and with the fact that today more and more employers are looking to social media vs. a resume.

If you are anonymous, then what you post here is irrelvent.
lannan13
Posts: 23,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:55:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 12:54:54 PM, inferno wrote:
At 4/11/2013 12:53:42 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 4/11/2013 12:49:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 4/11/2013 12:26:17 PM, lannan13 wrote:
I know what my online image is, but that doesn't matter. What does matter is how other people see my online image.

Why does that matter, how other people see you online.

It matters because it builds your reputation and with the fact that today more and more employers are looking to social media vs. a resume.

If you are anonymous, then what you post here is irrelvent.

But I'm not, I like many other people on this site, are here to make a name for ourselves.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
inferno
Posts: 10,559
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 12:57:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 12:55:59 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 4/11/2013 12:54:54 PM, inferno wrote:
At 4/11/2013 12:53:42 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 4/11/2013 12:49:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 4/11/2013 12:26:17 PM, lannan13 wrote:
I know what my online image is, but that doesn't matter. What does matter is how other people see my online image.

Why does that matter, how other people see you online.

It matters because it builds your reputation and with the fact that today more and more employers are looking to social media vs. a resume.

If you are anonymous, then what you post here is irrelvent.

But I'm not, I like many other people on this site, are here to make a name for ourselves.

What makes you say that ? From which arrogant point of view is this validated.
lannan13
Posts: 23,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 1:09:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 12:57:58 PM, inferno wrote:
At 4/11/2013 12:55:59 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 4/11/2013 12:54:54 PM, inferno wrote:
At 4/11/2013 12:53:42 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 4/11/2013 12:49:28 PM, inferno wrote:
At 4/11/2013 12:26:17 PM, lannan13 wrote:
I know what my online image is, but that doesn't matter. What does matter is how other people see my online image.

Why does that matter, how other people see you online.

It matters because it builds your reputation and with the fact that today more and more employers are looking to social media vs. a resume.

If you are anonymous, then what you post here is irrelvent.

But I'm not, I like many other people on this site, are here to make a name for ourselves.

What makes you say that ? From which arrogant point of view is this validated.

Because for way to many people this site is one big pen*s waggling contest, but for me I use it to have fun and enjoy the site and hopefully I'll eventually make the Hall of Fame.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 1:12:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
But for the most part I'm more objective and I like to be more open on this site.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 1:17:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 1:13:53 PM, Young_Republican_Girl wrote:
What do you think of me on here Allen?

*Allan*
You seem relitively friendly and open, but I feel as though you should be more open.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 3:19:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 11:43:13 AM, inferno wrote:
At 4/11/2013 11:29:44 AM, YYW wrote:
At 4/11/2013 8:00:55 AM, inferno wrote:
Is what. Some of you are known for certain roles here that you play at DDO. Is your character here the same as it is in the real world ? Or is this DDO persona of yours an alter ego.
Who are you. And what are you about. =)

I'm notoriously difficult to work with because I refuse to compromise in collaborative projects, so either I'm in control or I'm not playing the game. I'm also as morals/ethics/standards obsessed in the workplace as I am on DDO, which generally contributes to people thinking that I'm an overly "self righteous moral crusader," but I'm ok with that. I don't care what others think of me. I care what I think of me.

Selfish and awe inspiring display of painful truth.
Thank you.

Selfish? Sure. Awe inspiring? Meh. Painful? Not at all.

I genuinely could care less what people think of me, unless what they think of me somehow relates to my general/long term advantage or disadvantage. The irony is that most people who know me and agree with my work philosophy want to work with me, because there is always (1) a sense of both individual and group accountability, (2) clearly defined tasks/division of labor, and (3) a collective sense of security from both of the former two. That said, the lazy, recalcitrant moochers of the department who want to merely "get by" work with me once and then vow 'never again'. I'm ok with that too... Perhaps that's a reflection of how incredibly arrogant I am/can be. Still, I'm ok with that being so.
Tsar of DDO
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 3:20:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
*drags inferno away*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2013 3:22:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/11/2013 3:22:10 PM, inferno wrote:
At 4/11/2013 3:20:42 PM, OberHerr wrote:
*drags inferno away*

Drags Inferno Away. Is this like a new slogan or something. =)

New? Not really.

Not much of a slogan either.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-