Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

I TMAR1965, Call Pennington To a Debate!!!!!

tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 7:49:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

You say YEC is true, I say evolution is more probable, why don't we prove our points in a debate.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 7:55:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 7:49:03 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

You say YEC is true, I say evolution is more probable, why don't we prove our points in a debate.

Really? How dare you. My feelings are hurt. Im going to run and hide now.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 7:58:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 7:56:21 AM, Pennington wrote:
Why don't you debate Creationist sites are unreliable?

Not creationist sites, and site that claims to superimpose creationism and science is what I say is unreliable because they base their cases on false refutations of facts, without providing any evidence for their position.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 7:59:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 7:58:41 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:56:21 AM, Pennington wrote:
Why don't you debate Creationist sites are unreliable?

Not creationist sites, and site that claims to superimpose creationism and science is what I say is unreliable because they base their cases on false refutations of facts, without providing any evidence for their position.

Good. We will debate that. CreationScience is unreliable.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 8:02:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 7:59:53 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:58:41 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:56:21 AM, Pennington wrote:
Why don't you debate Creationist sites are unreliable?

Not creationist sites, and site that claims to superimpose creationism and science is what I say is unreliable because they base their cases on false refutations of facts, without providing any evidence for their position.

Good. We will debate that. CreationScience is unreliable.
Why should I accept your challenge though, If you wont accept mine? Also, proving evolution vs creationism precedes this, don't you think?
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 8:04:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Girls, stop fighting you're both pretty.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 8:05:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 8:02:33 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:59:53 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:58:41 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:56:21 AM, Pennington wrote:
Why don't you debate Creationist sites are unreliable?

Not creationist sites, and site that claims to superimpose creationism and science is what I say is unreliable because they base their cases on false refutations of facts, without providing any evidence for their position.

Good. We will debate that. CreationScience is unreliable.
Why should I accept your challenge though, If you wont accept mine? Also, proving evolution vs creationism precedes this, don't you think?:

No, my intention in that debate was to show nothing is impossible really because we do not have the knowledge and even science can show things we think are impossible as possible. You terms are trying to compare physical and the unseen. Two different types of debate. The debate I suggest is a debate, the one your suggesting gives you tones of evidence and will have me reeling.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 8:07:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 8:04:07 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Girls, stop fighting you're both pretty.

Thanks!
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 8:08:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 8:04:07 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Girls, stop fighting you're both pretty.

Thanks, I needed that. I was feeling ugly.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 8:09:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 8:05:26 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 4/21/2013 8:02:33 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:59:53 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:58:41 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:56:21 AM, Pennington wrote:
Why don't you debate Creationist sites are unreliable?

Not creationist sites, and site that claims to superimpose creationism and science is what I say is unreliable because they base their cases on false refutations of facts, without providing any evidence for their position.

Good. We will debate that. CreationScience is unreliable.
Why should I accept your challenge though, If you wont accept mine? Also, proving evolution vs creationism precedes this, don't you think?:

No, my intention in that debate was to show nothing is impossible really because we do not have the knowledge and even science can show things we think are impossible as possible. You terms are trying to compare physical and the unseen. Two different types of debate. The debate I suggest is a debate, the one your suggesting gives you tones of evidence and will have me reeling.

So you are admitting that you cant prove creationism and evolution is better substantiated?
http://science.kukuchew.com...
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 8:11:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 8:09:33 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 4/21/2013 8:05:26 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 4/21/2013 8:02:33 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:59:53 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:58:41 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:56:21 AM, Pennington wrote:
Why don't you debate Creationist sites are unreliable?

Not creationist sites, and site that claims to superimpose creationism and science is what I say is unreliable because they base their cases on false refutations of facts, without providing any evidence for their position.

Good. We will debate that. CreationScience is unreliable.
Why should I accept your challenge though, If you wont accept mine? Also, proving evolution vs creationism precedes this, don't you think?:

No, my intention in that debate was to show nothing is impossible really because we do not have the knowledge and even science can show things we think are impossible as possible. You terms are trying to compare physical and the unseen. Two different types of debate. The debate I suggest is a debate, the one your suggesting gives you tones of evidence and will have me reeling.

So you are admitting that you cant prove creationism and evolution is better substantiated?
http://science.kukuchew.com...:

I do not concede creationism can not be proven. I do concede evolution has more supposed physical evidence.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 8:12:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 8:11:04 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 4/21/2013 8:09:33 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 4/21/2013 8:05:26 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 4/21/2013 8:02:33 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:59:53 AM, Pennington wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:58:41 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:56:21 AM, Pennington wrote:
Why don't you debate Creationist sites are unreliable?

Not creationist sites, and site that claims to superimpose creationism and science is what I say is unreliable because they base their cases on false refutations of facts, without providing any evidence for their position.

Good. We will debate that. CreationScience is unreliable.
Why should I accept your challenge though, If you wont accept mine? Also, proving evolution vs creationism precedes this, don't you think?:

No, my intention in that debate was to show nothing is impossible really because we do not have the knowledge and even science can show things we think are impossible as possible. You terms are trying to compare physical and the unseen. Two different types of debate. The debate I suggest is a debate, the one your suggesting gives you tones of evidence and will have me reeling.

So you are admitting that you cant prove creationism and evolution is better substantiated?
http://science.kukuchew.com...:

I do not concede creationism can not be proven. I do concede evolution has more supposed physical evidence.

By nature of reliance on a god, it cannot be proven.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
Pennington
Posts: 1,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 8:19:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 8:12:48 AM, tmar19652 wrote:

http://science.kukuchew.com...:

I do not concede creationism can not be proven. I do concede evolution has more supposed physical evidence.

By nature of reliance on a god, it cannot be proven.:

What??? There is no one piece of evidence that will make Creationism true. You forget that the physical is in three dimensions. That other dimensions do effect these three. There no proving whats in the other dimensions but seeming that they are there, means most likely something is in them. So it would effect physical evidence without actually being seen. This would also not be deceiving by God because it reflects how He created the earth described and effects from sin described can not be evaluated.
DDO Debate Champion Forum
http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 9:27:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hey, you know juggle came out with this awesome new invention called a pm. Use it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 10:21:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 9:27:56 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Hey, you know juggle came out with this awesome new invention called a pm. Use it.
I like the puritan-style public shaming better.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 2:46:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 7:49:03 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

You say YEC is true, I say evolution is more probable, why don't we prove our points in a debate.

1) Click on Pennington's profile.

Alternative #1
2) Click the "Challenge to a debate" button.
3) Set up the debate and the rules

Alternative #2
2) Click the "send a message" button.
3) Discuss the intricacies of the debate.
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 2:54:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 2:46:04 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:49:03 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

You say YEC is true, I say evolution is more probable, why don't we prove our points in a debate.

1) Click on Pennington's profile.

Alternative #1
2) Click the "Challenge to a debate" button.
3) Set up the debate and the rules

Alternative #2
2) Click the "send a message" button.
3) Discuss the intricacies of the debate.
They declined. Three times.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
Enji
Posts: 1,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 3:40:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 2:54:08 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 4/21/2013 2:46:04 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:49:03 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

You say YEC is true, I say evolution is more probable, why don't we prove our points in a debate.

1) Click on Pennington's profile.

Alternative #1
2) Click the "Challenge to a debate" button.
3) Set up the debate and the rules

Alternative #2
2) Click the "send a message" button.
3) Discuss the intricacies of the debate.
They declined. Three times.

tbh I would too..
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 4:27:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 2:54:08 PM, tmar19652 wrote:

They declined. Three times.

Okay. I am having a difficult time being civil here. If they declined, then they don't want to debate you... what about it don't you understand? Find someone else to debate.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 4:29:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I mean, what are you thinking? If he declined the first time, what made you challenge him a second time instead of seeking a different opponent? And then a third time?

Someone doesn't know how to handle rejection very well. This should help: http://www.wikihow.com...
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 6:20:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 4:29:13 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I mean, what are you thinking? If he declined the first time, what made you challenge him a second time instead of seeking a different opponent? And then a third time?

Someone doesn't know how to handle rejection very well. This should help: http://www.wikihow.com...
That actually made me laugh! If my wife ever leaves me, I will refer back to that page.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 6:22:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sure, lol. Seriously though, if he didn't accept your debate challenge, it is time to find to find someone who does. You can't co-erce someone into debating with you if they aren't interested.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 6:46:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 6:22:51 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Sure, lol. Seriously though, if he didn't accept your debate challenge, it is time to find to find someone who does. You can't co-erce someone into debating with you if they aren't interested.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 6:48:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 9:27:56 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Hey, you know juggle came out with this awesome new invention called a pm. Use it.

Private messaging was on this site, when Phil was in charge.

That said, Niether of them "invented" the PM.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 9:35:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 6:48:01 PM, TUF wrote:
At 4/21/2013 9:27:56 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Hey, you know juggle came out with this awesome new invention called a pm. Use it.

Private messaging was on this site, when Phil was in charge.

That said, Niether of them "invented" the PM.

We all love sarcasm.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2013 10:08:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/21/2013 3:40:59 PM, Enji wrote:
At 4/21/2013 2:54:08 PM, tmar19652 wrote:
At 4/21/2013 2:46:04 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 4/21/2013 7:49:03 AM, tmar19652 wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

You say YEC is true, I say evolution is more probable, why don't we prove our points in a debate.

1) Click on Pennington's profile.

Alternative #1
2) Click the "Challenge to a debate" button.
3) Set up the debate and the rules

Alternative #2
2) Click the "send a message" button.
3) Discuss the intricacies of the debate.
They declined. Three times.

tbh I would too..
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2013 2:01:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I hope you realise you are not shaming anyone but yourself. This is a public spectacle of utter annoyance. Just send him a pm or challenge him to a debate. To think that everyone is interested in your personal affairs is quite mistaken...
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...