DDO Poll

DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 11:49:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hey all,
I have a brief poll that I would like to ask you. Would you all be willing to make the ddo voting priviliges automatically click in after 5 debates (as opposed to 3 debates) in efforts of getting rid of the cell phone verification method?

Please answer in this thread.
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 11:51:46 AM
I'd be fine with that.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 11:52:05 AM
At 4/25/2013 11:49:39 AM, DoubtingDave wrote:
Hey all,
I have a brief poll that I would like to ask you. Would you all be willing to make the ddo voting priviliges automatically click in after 5 debates (as opposed to 3 debates) in efforts of getting rid of the cell phone verification method?

Great question, Dave!
KingDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 11:53:26 AM
Hey all,

Yeah, I'm alright with that.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 11:54:51 AM
At 4/25/2013 11:51:46 AM, Ragnar wrote:
I'd be fine with that.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 11:58:37 AM
Hey all,

I have a better idea. How about we keep the number of debates the same but get rid of the fvcking verification thing anyway?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 11:58:58 AM
I'm fine with that.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 12:41:17 PM
Hey all,

Im against this.

Multiaccounting doesnt just come in the form of voting on debates, and having voting privileges is one of the few early things that keeps new members from leaving.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 5:14:20 PM
At 4/25/2013 12:41:17 PM, imabench wrote:
Hey all,

Initially I thought like everyone else, why not. But Imabench makes a good point that needs to be adressed first, & it's just being ignored.

Im against this.

Multiaccounting doesnt just come in the form of voting on debates, and having voting privileges is one of the few early things that keeps new members from leaving.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 5:51:29 PM
Hey all,

Im against this.

I would have to agree with this. It is an interesting point you brought up. What may be an interesting way to combat the point is having a "report vote" system where if you suspect a false vote, it would go immediately to the moderators
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 5:58:46 PM
I do not support this.

I'm pretty sure you don't need a cellphone to verify your account, you just need a mod to do it for you. I think this method is better because it requires a mod to actually look into your account and verify that it's not a multi before you get voting privileges. There needs to be some kind of system of verification, and cellphone/ mod approval seems to work just fine.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 5:59:56 PM
At 4/25/2013 5:51:29 PM, DoubtingDave wrote:
Hey all,

Im against this.

I would have to agree with this. It is an interesting point you brought up. What may be an interesting way to combat the point is having a "report vote" system where if you suspect a false vote, it would go immediately to the moderators

1oz of prevention > 1lb of cure
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 6:42:40 PM
People who instigate debates should have the option to choose the restrictions for who can and can't vote for their debate.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2013 8:07:59 PM
Hey all,

Im against this.

Bench is correct.
Tsar of DDO