Jump to topic:

The DDO Walking Dead Episode 1

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 7:56:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Thett opened the door to his room, mentally drained after his calc final. He cleared his roommates crap out of his half of the room before crashing onto his bed. He was asleep within minutes, but slept for hours, oblivious to what was going on outside.

15 hours later he woke up still groggy. He turned on the TV to watch the news, but still nothing new. Everyone was still talking about the new flu virus sweeping through the nation and the rest of the world even though only like 4 people died from it so far. Thett got out of bed to go to the bathroom but he stepped on his roommates skateboard and slipped backwards, bashing his head on the corner of the nightstand. Everything went black.

Thett woke up covered in a pool of his dried blood to the sound of thunder outside. A weird orange light was creeping through the one window in his room. He dragged himself up despite a ravaging headache and glanced out the window. He immediately panicked, and glared to make sure what he was seeing was reality.

The city of Miami was being bombed.

Thett backed away from the window in confusion and panic, right onto his roommates skateboard again. He fell forward and hit his head on the steel nightstand again, blacking out a second time.

=====================================================

"F*ck" I thought to myself. My lazy a** roommate didnt even care to clean up all of his sh*t before going out partying... I got up and rubbed my eyes, my left eye hurt like hell though and I couldnt even open it. God I was starving, what the f*ck happened to Miami though?

I opened the window and could barely make out the Miami skyline, the fires were gone, but all the lights were out. In fact the lights everywhere were out.... Everything was dark. I bet whoever had bombed the US used an EMP shortly afterwards to cripple everything electrical.... Crafty bastards. God im starving. I grabbed my roommates Ritz Bitz and started wolfing them down. I must have been out for a long a** time to be this hungry, at least two days must have passed. I then realized how thirsty I was. I immediately opened the door and went to the bathroom to get water out of the sink. I turned on the faucet but nothing came out.

F*ck thats right, the power is out

I needed water badly though, I went to the bathroom stalls and went into the first one. I look at the toilet hesitant about what I was thinking about doing.... Oh wait I can just take the back off of the thing and drink the water from the back compartment. I tear off the top of the lid and start cupping water and drinking it, it tasted like sh*tty tap water but it was a hell of a lot better then drinking it out of the actual toilet bowl like some dog. I drink enough water to get rid of my headache, and then realize I REALLY need to go to the bathroom.... Well im already in a bathroom so why not.

I begin to unload and I hear someone groaning....... Loudly........ He was in the stall next to me.

I couldnt tell if he was having bad gas, diarrhea, or was an alcoholic, but judging from the groaning he had a bad case of something.... The smell alone from his stall gave that away. He stuck his hand under the wall into my stall, and he grabbed by foot. He yanked it hard and his groaning got louder.

"Alright fine here" I broke his grip and slid the toilet paper roll under into his stall. Hopefully the poor bastard feels better. I pull up my pants and walk out of the bathroom back to my room, it was tough to do since everything was pitch black. I try to find my phone to see what the hell is going on outside and see if anyone even knew I was knocked out for two whole days.

I find it, but its dead. F*ck.

No phone, not electricity to charge it, no tv or internet either, and the US is being attacked on top of it... What a world to find yourself in. I didnt even know if everyone else was ok and still alive. So now what do I do?

I check the time on my watch, it was 2 AM. Wait a minute, my watch still works! Why was my watch still working when everything else was down? Maybe an EMP didnt go off... But then why were all the utilities down? F*ck, they probably took out the power plants, whoever 'they' are.

Maybe somebody on my floor knows. Wait, its 2AM, everyone is asleep... But there are always security people in the lobby who probably know whats going on!
F*ck theres no electricity to use the elevators, Im going to have to go down all 12 floors by stairs. Could this suck any worse?

After going down the stairs I open the stairs and walk towards the lobby. The first floor was trashed, it was weird because its always kept clean, but there was stuff everywhere. Someone was actually in the process of moving out and they had all their stuff in grocery carts. He should probably keep that stuff somewhere safer so that nobody steals it.

I open the door to the lobby, and the lobby is completely empty. Not only that, its trashed too, even worse then the first floor hallways. Clothes and stuff were strewn all over the floor, windows were broken, and there was a sh*tload of blood everywhere. I mean a TON of blood.

I keep thinking over and over "What the f*ck happened?????"

I walk outside into the dark. I cant see a damn thing though and I barely make it down the stairs without tripping over myself. I head towards the bridge and I see something lying on the ground near the bushes... I creep closer to it wondering what it could be. Finally I get close enough to see what it is

It was a severed hand just lying on the sidewalk....

I stop dead in my tracks, the site of blood everywhere was very concerning, but a human hand lying on a sidewalk is something you can never prepare yourself to see and not freak out about it. You could see the bone hanging out of the end of the hand where the wrist should have been, and a couple ligaments were hanging on like spaghetti as well.

"NOW!!!"

Two guys leap out of the bushes armed with tire irons and then beat the hell out of me. After one nasty blow to my head I manage to get out one curse word before I black out for the third time.

=====================================================

Someone gently slaps me on the cheek and I start to wake up. I am so f*cking tired of getting hit on the head with stuff. I open my one good eye and everything is fuzzy as hell but I can hear perfectly.

"You bit"? someone asks, Ive heard that voice before, but what a stupid a** question to ask. I just got attacked and this guy doesnt even ask if Im ok, he asks if I've bee bit. I hate people.

"Seriously man are you bit?" he asks again
"Oh Geez is he ok? Oh god oh god" someone else says
"Dude calm the f*ck down, it was all a misunderstanding" a third voice snapped
"Have. You. Been bit?" the first guy asks me again.
"No I havent been bit, were you the d*cks who beat the hell out of me?" I ask, im getting really f*cking irritated at everything now.

Finally I get my vision back. The familiar voice belongs to Maikuru, He was a kid I knew in my math class who also went to UM. The other two also looked like students.

"Thett is that you? Geez you look like sh*t" - Maikuru said.
"Ive been knocked out three times now but this is the first that didnt involve stepping on a skateboard" I said, I sit up. God dammit my headache is back. "Who are these guys?" I beckon to the two people standing behind Maikuru

"This is my roommate Noumena and my classmate Lannan. Guys this is Thett, hes a classmate"

They both say hi. I notice that we are in the kitchen of one of the campus dining halls.

"Were you the guys who beat me upside the head?"
"IT WAS HIM ALL HIM I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT" Lannan yells, Noumena punches him hard in the stomach.
"Dude, shut the hell up or they might hear us" Noumena said
"Who might hear us?" I ask
"The cleaning lady... The zombies you idiot what do you think?" Noumena snarked

It took a while for his words to sink in.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 7:57:04 PM
"Seriously, who might hear us?" I asked again.
They all just stare at me in shock. Lannan cracks the silence
"Dude I think you hit him in the head harder then you thought"
"Thett, do you know whats happened to the world lately?" Maikuru asked
"I dont know about the world but clearly someone has attacked the US and bombed Miami"

They all stare at me like im an idiot. Lannan and Noumena exchange glances between each other. Maikuru eventually breaks the silence.

"Not even close dude."
"Well whats going on then?" I asked,
"How could you not know?" Maikuru asked incredulously
"Ive legit been in a coma the past two days, the last thing I remember was Miami being bombed" I said.
Then Lannan broke it to me "Miami was bombed like two weeks ago wasnt it? That certianly didnt happen yesterday"
"Guys he legit doesnt know anything thats going on" Maikuru said to the others. I still had trouble focusing, I was trying to figure out just how long I was out cold. "Thett, listen very closely to what im about to say"

Maikuru explained everything.

"That flu that was going around wasnt just a regular flu. One day it was behaving like a regular flu virus, but then the day after that people all started showing weird symptoms, like extreme weakness, brittle bones, inability to focus, things not normally associated with having the flu. Thats when people really panicked, the government started quarantining people, hospitals started turning people away, airports and borders were all closed down, schools closed, everything stopped in its place. UM canceled classes for two weeks and started delivering rations to people who hadnt already left for home."

"Then it all went to hell" Noumena said. He left the room to go watch the doors.

Maikuru continued "Everybody who had the disease then started dying. Morgues, cemeteries, and crematoriums filled up so fast that those who died were often left in their beds since people didnt know what to do with them. Millions died at first, but then the dead started rising, turning into zombies, and then the world as we knew it ended."

I couldnt believe anything he was saying. I was filled with so many questions but Maikuru kept going

"The hospitals in big cities ended up becoming the ground zero for zombie invasions, but since there were so many of them spread over everywhere the police didnt know what to do, many of them just left to go protect their families. They couldn't quarantine just the hospitals though because zombies were coming out of hospitals, homes, backyards, parking garages, everything. And there werent just dozens of them, or even hundreds, there were thousands of them that appeared all at once. Police were stretched too thin to keep all of them in one place, and thats when the government stepped in"

"Once it became evident that cities couldnt be saved, the government ordered people to flee into the suburbs out of the cities, and then the government started napalming the cities. The biggest cities were napalmed first, like New York, San Francisco, LA, Boston, and then other cities were bombed too, including Miami. Bases were then made in the suburbs, people were told to go there to be safe, but soon those filled up and people started getting turned away too. Thats when grocery stores and gas stations started getting pillaged."

Noumena came back from his watch and leaned against the wall, he was reliving the hell he went through as Maikuru told the story.

"Those who had the guns took over the grocery stores and fortified them, hoarding the food to themselves while millions of people were left to fend for themselves. People started going after guns for their own survival but many gun stores were either sealed off by the owners or taken over by gangs who wanted the guns for themselves. There were now two groups of people who had all the power, those who had the food, and those who had the guns."

I couldnt look at Maikuru anymore. I instead looked at the trashed remnants of the UM dining hall as he went on.

"Anarchy took over. Entire families were killed off for their cars or supplies. Some banded together to go look for a place to survive, but those who had fled the cities with nowhere to go started pillaging homes for food and supplies. Anyone who had anything valuable hoarded it, and those who had nothing to trade for it either left, or tried to take it by force. Then the zombies came and started killing everyone"

"With the army only defending the safe zones, people had to fend for themselves against the zombies. Those who had guns though didnt choose to fight the zombies and instead holed up somewhere with their friends or family and played defense while everyone else either fled or died. A lot of people couldnt flee though, they often would be jumping from one hot spot into another. Then the electricity went out"

His words really began to sink in, and I no longer tried to deny them and instead started grimly accepting it the same way a prisoner accepts that he is going to be in prison for years.

"When the electricity went out, supply lines to the military safe zones were cut off and people started starving. Many soldiers abandoned their posts, banded together, and tried to take their chances on the streets. Sooner or later though they started to run low on Ammo or not know what to do or where to go, and they ended up in the same position as those they had originally turned away from the safe zones in the first place. The soldiers who stayed in the bases soon got overrun by zombies once they started running low on ammo as well. Zombies picked off survivors one by one while people who were holed up somewhere stayed holed up waiting for the military to swoop in and fix everything. They never came though, and now we're all doomed"

Then Noumena spoke

"Everyone assumed that if a zombie apocalypse came everyone would band together and stop them, or that the government would come up with some way to save everyone..... But the exact oposite happened..... There were too many of them appearing too fast, so people panicked and instead hoarded what they had and chose to fend for themselves rather then band together. The government meanwhile was caught with their head up their a** and couldnt come up with anything to fight off the zombies. Nobody else expected grocery stores to be pillaged so fast, or the electricity to be shut off, or for gun stores to be closed off to people either. Nobody saw it coming, and just about everyone paid the price."

Then Maikuru started talking again

"This wasnt just limited to the US either. Before TV's went dark, this was happening all over the world. China, Germany, Russia, England, Mexico, Canada, everywhere was affected. Wherever the flu had went, zombies showed up, and the flu went everywhere."

Something popped into my mind. "How did you guys survive when millions of others didnt?"

Noumena chimed in to answer that. "Maikuru, lannan and I were the only ones in our residential building to not have evacuated UM when everyone else was ordered to. When zombies started popping up everywhere we boarded up the stairwells and entrances to the ground floor. For food and water we simply broke into other dorm rooms on the other 11 floors for food and water. It worked out great but soon we picked them clean, a lot of people took their snacks and stuff with them when they left so we only found enough to last us for a more few days."

Silence hung in the air, this time longer then before. A solid three minutes passed before I said something

"So whats your plan now?"

Maikuru stood up. "We were planning on going after other dormitories in UM and pick them clean one by one. It wont last us forever but it should last us a month or so"

"Can I stick around with you guys?"

Maikuru smiled and stuck out his hand

"Welcome to the Wolf Pack dude"
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 7:57:17 PM
http://poll.pollcode.com...

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 8:09:09 PM
At 5/3/2013 8:05:29 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Bravo.

I had some free time on my hands so I went ahead and did it :P

I know this one seemed fast and everything but I wanted to get to the part where the outbreak and everything was explained in the first episode. From here on out the rest of the bill will be a lot deeper and more gory, and have more then one zombie too

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 8:53:36 PM
Nice. One suggestion i would give is to have a character that occasionally breaks the 4th wall and mentions something about DDO! Like "hey this reminds me of that one debate" everyone else "wtf are you talking about?"
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2013 9:18:58 PM
Yeah, this is good. Do you need an editor? Because I think I could improve this a lot (especially the spelling errors).

And don't push yourself to put these out; writing needs to be a voluntary exercise. "If a story is dead in the mind of its writer, it's dead even if words continue to march across the pages." -Stephen King
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 3:52:42 AM
At 5/3/2013 11:55:21 PM, Smithereens wrote:
I always love how apocalypse stuff happens in the USA exclusively, it makes me feel so safe.

Well, if were talking about zombie media. I believe 28 days later is in Britain and I have seen another movie in Africa.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 4:05:22 AM
At 5/4/2013 3:52:42 AM, 1Historygenius wrote:
I always love how apocalypse stuff happens in the USA exclusively, it makes me feel so safe.

Well, if were talking about zombie media. I believe 28 days later is in Britain and I have seen another movie in Africa.

shhh, If you contradict what I say one more time, you shall transcend your name and become actual history. o_o
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 4:36:42 AM
At 5/4/2013 4:05:22 AM, Smithereens wrote:

shhh, If you contradict what I say one more time, you shall transcend your name and become actual history. o_o

I don't get it. I thought you couldn't change usernames on debate.org.

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 5:23:57 AM
At 5/4/2013 4:36:42 AM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 5/4/2013 4:05:22 AM, Smithereens wrote:

I don't get it. I thought you couldn't change usernames on debate.org.

lol, thats not the joke. I meant that you would become history. As in dead... I love it when people don't understand the threat and then point it out. It makes it all the less threatening.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 8:30:21 AM
THAT WAS SO COOL! Sadly that's even my own personality to. But that was amazing.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 11:32:12 AM

28 days later was in Britain
28 weeks later was a sequel also in Britain which then spread to France
Shaun of the Dead also happened in Britain
World War Z which comes out soon will be the first that (I think) covers the entire world and actually shows footage of it.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 1:01:44 PM
At 5/4/2013 11:32:12 AM, imabench wrote:

World War Z which comes out soon will be the first that (I think) covers the entire world and actually shows footage of it.

I think several movies/universes are supposed to cover the world world, they just rarely show them.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 3:12:11 PM

Yeah I think you got them all. There is one in Africa, but can't think it's title. I read World War Z, but the movie trailers don't please me. Well see how it goes.

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 4:24:30 PM
At 5/4/2013 3:12:11 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

Yeah I think you got them all. There is one in Africa, but can't think it's title. I read World War Z, but the movie trailers don't please me. Well see how it goes.

Every time someone says "World War Z", this song starts playing in my head.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 7:04:52 PM
Im thinking of making the number of people who want the series to continue also be the number of episodes I make in the series... Like if 20 people say yes in the poll then 20 episodes will be made, 21 if 21 people say yes, etc etc

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 7:17:33 PM
At 5/4/2013 7:04:52 PM, imabench wrote:
Im thinking of making the number of people who want the series to continue also be the number of episodes I make in the series... Like if 20 people say yes in the poll then 20 episodes will be made, 21 if 21 people say yes, etc etc

I would suggest you stay at 20. The problem is there maybe more episodes than you have ideas.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 9:55:42 PM
At 5/4/2013 7:17:33 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 5/4/2013 7:04:52 PM, imabench wrote:

I would suggest you stay at 20. The problem is there maybe more episodes than you have ideas.

Do you realize this is me we are talking about? That could never happen!!!

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 11:07:07 PM
At 5/4/2013 10:51:32 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:
have imabench get raped by a zombie

That gives me a great idea for what to do to you should I stick you in the story ;)

Anti-atheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 11:09:23 PM
At 5/4/2013 11:07:07 PM, imabench wrote:

That gives me a great idea for what to do to you should I stick you in the story ;)

Make it a male zombie
Anti-atheist

Registered genius
Certified butt-f*cker

imabench for fuhrer '13
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 11:11:54 PM
At 5/4/2013 11:09:23 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:

Make it a male zombie

You realize that now it is going to be a female zombie.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2013 11:15:03 PM
At 5/4/2013 11:11:54 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
At 5/4/2013 11:09:23 PM, Anti-atheist wrote:

Make it a male zombie

You realize that now it is going to be a female zombie.

well there goes the plot twist....

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 4:38:53 PM
I have questions.
1. Why would electricity have an effect on the water/gas line being out such that the sink didn't work?

2. I get that it is a college dorm, but why is there a bathroom STALL in his dorm room?

3. How did he survive several weeks in a coma without food and water? That's impossible.

other than the story flaws, it was good.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 4:54:13 PM
At 5/5/2013 4:38:53 PM, TUF wrote:
I have questions.
1. Why would electricity have an effect on the water/gas line being out such that the sink didn't work?

It's one of those damn sinks where it's motion sensored

2. I get that it is a college dorm, but why is there a bathroom STALL in his dorm room?

It's not in the actual dorm room, it's a public bathroom used by the whole floor

3. How did he survive several weeks in a coma without food and water? That's impossible.

He was only out for like a week and a half, and it wasn't all at once either

other than the story flaws, it was good.