Jump to topic:

Mirza 2013

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 12:57:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sirs and Ma'ams -- I hereby announce my candidacy for the 2013 Presidential Elections. While I certainly know that I am the most reasonable choice, it remains necessary to get the popular vote. Thus I kick off my campaign straight away.

If my existence on this website is not a sufficient reason for electing me, which speaks of the emptiness of your head more than anything else, then you might want to have a look at my presidency program below, which is surely something you don't want to miss. (Unless, again, you have mental issues.)

-- Mirza's Presidential Program for 2013 --

1. Website re-design
Because the current design is horrendous. You can't even locate the site logo because the blue takes all the space. And, the front page requires you to scroll down to see all of it. Who's this made for? You ever seen a newspaper with a front page that goes to page 4? I think not.

2. Team debates
Simple: Juggle is working on it already, ergo it can't be good. If you elect me, not only will Juggle trust me enough to let me do the whole thing, but -- the very good news is you'd have a person with zero coding skills and zero experience with web design work on the largest project thus far!

3. Constitution
Our users have a problem following the Terms of Sevice, thus, to encourage everyone to follow our rules, I will implement an additional 100-page long constitution that will be displayed every time one signs in. To remove it, one must provide a well-written summary of a random page in the sacred text.

This will encourage more members to join, rules to be followed, and something to read when there's nothing else to do.

Reasons to elect me over Airmax
He has done a job that is too good to be true -- which means it's all bad. And, I ain't Jewish.

That being said -- I look forward to getting to know you all more, and doing hard work to improve this very damaged website. With leadership from a learned person, myself, I think it's only a matter of time before we wake up to see the greatest website on earth. I rest my case.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 1:06:23 AM
I like where this is going
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 8:15:31 AM
Who's your running mate.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 8:05:40 PM
I guess it's that time again to remind people that the DDO election is not political and has nothing to do with advancing your personal agenda for the site.

If anyone really wants to make a case for president, they need to let us now that they can think clearly under pressure, communicate effectively, contribute lots of time to the duty and respect both the wishes of Juggle and the DDO community. If you can do that, you'll get the endorsement of Airmax and I, which we are still contemplating.

Again. To emphasize.

THE DDO ELECTION IS NOT POLITICAL AND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH A PERSONAL AGENDA.

Say it on the roof tops. Say it in the halls. Sing the chorus in every home. And stop making these stupid threads.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 8:07:31 PM
At 5/5/2013 8:15:31 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Who's your running mate.

Me, of course!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 8:10:41 PM
I will not vote for you.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 9:07:55 PM
I support you guys, y'all got my vote.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 12:15:59 PM
At 5/6/2013 8:05:40 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I guess it's that time again to remind people that the DDO election is not political and has nothing to do with advancing your personal agenda for the site.
I have to disagree. My agenda is very important, and needs to be shared. And, with this very strong support I have - obviously - there's no need to pull back. Trust me. I can do this.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 12:36:18 PM
I didn't see this thread until today. I'm voting for Mirza.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 12:37:38 PM
At 5/7/2013 12:36:18 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
I didn't see this thread until today. I'm voting for Mirza.

Same here, except I saw this thread a while ago.

KingDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 12:51:01 PM
At 5/7/2013 12:36:18 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
I didn't see this thread until today. I'm voting for KINGDEBATER AND LANNAN13.
Nice to hear.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 6:29:52 PM
At 5/7/2013 12:15:59 PM, Mirza wrote:
I have to disagree.

Then you have no idea what the presidency is.

First thing all you glory-seekers should know: you don't even want the presidency. It's not fun.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 6:51:39 PM
At 5/7/2013 6:29:52 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I have to disagree.

Then you have no idea what the presidency is.

First thing all you glory-seekers should know: you don't even want the presidency. It's not fun.

I can't imagine it would be. On the one hand you have to deal with a group of web designers, and on the other you have to babysit a bunch of kids who often spill milk.... and cry about it whether they spill it or not.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 6:53:48 PM
At 5/6/2013 8:05:40 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I have to disagree. My agenda is very important, and needs to be shared. And, with this very strong support I have - obviously - there's no need to pull out. Trust me. I can do this.

http://www.myfacewhen.net...
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 11:03:53 PM
Mrs. Freedo, after clicking on the thread several times, I was hoping you'd skim some crucial parts of the OP. Should you not do it even after reading this -- then I can tell you that uh, I actually run for presidency to gain total dominance over everyone here. That's where it goes to!
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 10:48:19 AM
At 5/13/2013 8:46:22 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Or do you want to go farther than that?
Farther, of course. I have very good rules to implement. It's about time we go my way.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 10:50:59 AM
At 5/13/2013 8:59:38 AM, leojm wrote:
Before I vote can I have someone explain this to me. Then I will vote.
I have this desire to rule the site, and the best I can do about it is simply to do it. Since I obviously have most of the members' support - it's only a matter of time. Well, they are hiding in the closet, not sure why though. It's probably hard to support good people openly. Who cares!