Jump to topic:

The DDO Walking Dead Episode 2

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 2:16:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Over the course of the next few days, Maikuru, Noumena, and Lannan all gave me the basic rundown of things I needed to do and know to survive.

-Aim for the head
-Stealth and silence are virtues
-Always have backup when taking on a zombie
-Vending machines can feed a small group for a week
-Guns are useless without any Ammo
-When you see ten or more zombies in an area, time to split
-Always have an escape plan
-Water is the hardest thing to come by
-Avoid super-salty foods
-Avoid cities as much as possible
-Fortify as much as possible

I wrote down everything they told me in my own notebook in order of increasing importance. I couldn't decide what rule #1 should be, but after a while I decided that rule number 1 would be reserved for whatever killed me. I even wrote out that rule number 1 was reserved for whatever killed me at the top of the first page.

===================================================

We were in the 12th floor study room which we converted into our HQ. We chose the study hall to sleep in so that everyone could keep an eye on each other and because it was right in between the two stair exits, so if zombies showed up we had not one but two exits to choose from.

I showed up with the last of food from the vending machines from the residence hall I lived in. All I had was 3 energy bars, 2 bags of Lays chips, 4 bags of M&M's, and a bag of Famous Amos. I was more fortunate then what some of the others came back with, and Maikuru said what was on everyone's mind

"Guys, we wont be able to stay here much longer"
We all nodded. It wasn't that food was a problem, water was becoming very scarce, and we had run out of water bottles a long time ago. Meanwhile the outdoor pool at UM had become contaminated and was now undrinkable. Our attempts to collect rainwater failed miserably as the stormy winds would tear apart any contraption we made, and the Soda machines were much harder to break into compared to regular vending machines. We were going to have to leave UM.

"Where will we go?" I asked. Maikuru always stressed having a backup plan, but he never actually told me where the group would go once UM couldn't sustain us anymore.

Maikuru was going over the inventory when he explained it to me. "We never really agreed on where we would go. Lannan thinks we should go south to Key West and take our chances there, I think we should head west out in the Everglades away from everybody else, and Noumena wanted to push towards Miami and try to take over a cruise ship that was in port."

"I think Key West is a good idea because there's only one highway leading into it which can be barricaded against Zombies" Lannan said

"Dude have you ever been to Key West?" I asked Lannan. He shook his head. "Well I have, and I don't think its a good idea. 1, its all housing down there which means food will be hard to come by once we get down there. 2, it will take us months to get that far South, and any food that is there would be long gone. And 3, If there are people down there who have barricaded off the highway, they might not even let us in."

"And that's why our best option is to go after a cruise ship" Noumena stated. "A cruise ship that can feed like a thousand people for a week or two could feed us for years!"

"Dude we've been over this, we have no idea how to even find the Port of Miami, how to even board a cruise ship, and we would have to fight through a million zombies before we even get there." Maikuru complained. I could tell they've had this fight before.

"Have you been on a cruise ship Noumena?" I asked, he shook his head. "I have, all the food is kept frozen and has to be cooked before it is served. I highly doubt we could get to a cruise ship before all the food is lost to freezer burn. Wait weren't all the ports and stuff closed when the infection got bad?"

Maikuru nodded. "Ports were the first things to be closed down after Airports and borders"

"Well you don't stock up a cruise ship full of food if you cant go anywhere and aren't expecting to go anywhere anytime soon. They probably cancelled all the cruises once the virus broke out which means they wouldn't stock them up with food until after the crisis was contained, which it never was"

Noumena realized he had been defeated. Then Maikuru turned toward us and said "So its decided, we take our chances out in the Everglades".

Lannan and Noumena immediately protested. "If we cant find sh*t to live on here then how the hell are we going to be better off in a damn swamp?" Noumena said.

"Its away from everyone else, there's no zombies out there, we can live in the glades and cross over into the suburbs for our stuff" Maikuru was almost begging at this point.

Then Lannan asked me "Thett, what do you think?"

I mulled it over for a bit before an idea popped into my head. "Cant we just go to the other residential hall on the other side of campus and live off of that?"

Maikuru shook his head. "That's not going to help our water problem and that residential hall is on the exposed half of UM"

UM was fenced off along its northern and western border but its South eastern half wasn't. It was wide open to being overrun by a zombie horde and the building was much shorter then the residential hall we were in right now. The other hall had much poorer visibility and more prone to being overrun, so that wasn't an option.

I stood up and went out to the stairwell while Maikuru started arguing with the others about his Everglades idea. The stairwell wasn't directly connected to the residential hall, there was a 4 foot sky walkway connecting each floor to the stair well. I looked out towards the Southeast undecided about Maikuru's everglades idea. It was the best option compared to the other to, but living in the swamps would make us a lot more exposed to diseases and gators and stuff, and the moisture alone would make it impossible to sleep. My eyes were wandering around before I spotted my old middle school, Ponce De Leon middle school. It was a private middle school that was filled with the snobbiest richest a** hats you could meet. I remember how I would sneak out during lunch and go to the indoor swimming pool so that I could eat in peace without anybody giving me any of their crap.

Holy f*ck, that's it!!!!!

I sprinted back towards our makeshift HQ with my idea, god it was perfect!

I bust in, "GUYS I KNOW WHAT WE CAN DO!" I was beaming in excitement and I could tell the others were just as excited as I was. By the surprise in their eyes it looks like Maikuru's everglades idea had fallen flat again.

"Ponce De Leon Middle School is right across the street! I used to go there and it will be perfect for us!" I was basically yelling at this point

Noumena asked "How is that going to fix our water problem? is it even safe?"

"The entire school is fenced off and they have an indoor swimming pool I used to hang out in during lunch. The indoor pool means it wont get contaminated and we can drink out of it and last like forever!"

Maikuru looked interested "But is it safe?"

"The outside is fenced off and we can use all the chairs and desks and stuff to fortify the entrances and turn the entire school into our own fortress!"

Lannan and Noumena were wide eyed in excitement. They looked at Maikuru to see if he would go through with it.

After a while Maikuru agreed "Get all the food you can find and meet down in the lobby in an hour, we'll move into the Middle School in the afternoon and spend the rest of the day reinforcing it. Ill gather up all the stuff we have here and Ill sweep through this place one more time. Lets go guys!"
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 2:16:49 PM
2 hours later we were all crouched down in the bushes near one of UM's many exits. We looked out onto the South Dixie Highway which sat right next to a major street, essentially there were 2 6 lane streets between us and the Middle School. Both streets were crammed with abandoned cars, zombies could be hiding anywhere too. We tried scaling up and down the UM border looking for a clearing through the traffic but no luck.

"Guys its almost sundown we gotta move out RIGHT NOW otherwise all the walkers will start coming out" Noumena whispered.
"We can always wait until tomorrow if you want guys, the middle school isn't going anywhere" I replied, trying to keep everyone calm.
"With every passing day the horde of zombies in Miami marches further away from the city, if we wait til tomorrow there will be more zombies tomorrow, so we do this now" Maikuru stated.
"Fine, Ill go first since I know how to get into the school, everyone else follow me and stay low" I said
"Noumena you watch with Thett up front in case he spots a zombie, Ill watch your back, Lannan you keep an eye out for potential routes through all these cars.

We crouched down and went to the first lane of cars. Call of Duty had prepared all of us for this moment. When we got there I glanced over into the next two lanes of cars, looking for any zombies.

"Clear" I whispered, we slide gently over the hood of the car into the next lane. I gripped the lead pipe I was armed with hard, we were all armed with lead pipes we had found in a pile of scrap metal outside the engineering building. Our game of leap frog continued until we finally got through the street, and we made our way over to one of the pillars that held up the overhead railroad. We scouted out the surrounding shops and cars for any sign of zombies.

"Guys, we have some coming up on us to the right" Lannan said.

There were three of them, but they were all just standing around.

"Guys leave them, we're running out of time its almost night time" Maikuru stated
"The only good zombie is a dead one, lets kill them" Noumena said, itching for a fight
"But there's three of them and only four of us, and Thett still cant see out of his left eye"
"Don't worry, I have an idea. Noumena follow me, lannan, you stay back with maikuru and watch our stuff." Noumena and I took off our backpacks we carried our supplies in and handed them over to Lannan and Maikuru. Me and Noumena made our way over to another pillar closest to the zombies.

We exchanged glances and nodded, I tapped my metal bar on the pillar just loud enough to make a sound. One of them heard and stumbled over. His jaw was detached on one side and his tongue was hanging out of one of the holes in his mouth. His skin was all dead and yellow, he looked like one big blister that had been popped. As he got closer I could see that he was missing an eye and the other one was clouded.

I swung hard for his knees and he immediately went down. Noumena then beat the living sh*t out of it, blood and brains sprayed everywhere. I had to cover my one good eye to make sure nothing got in it. After about four good wails the job was done, but the smell of rotten brains made me nauseous and dizzy.

"Get it together Thett, here come the other two!"
I stumbled to my feet and braced myself, but Noumena went on the offensive and tackled one. He proceeded on beating the sh*t out of the third one while the second one stumbled towards me. Something was messed up with its knee so when it swiped at me I dodged it and pushed it to the ground. I then started wailing on its head the same way Noumena had on the first one and after 7 hits, It was dead. noumena meanwhile took care of number 3 with ease. He now had 13 kills, this one was my third.

Maikuru and Lannan walked over with our stuff, impressed by the beat down me and Noumena just gave. No time to screw around though, the sky was growing darker and night was coming. Night was when the zombies liked to come out and hunt, they liked the dark for some reason.

We made our way over to the next street and crouched down by the cars. I glanced over the hood and didn't see any zombies, I told them it was clear but then Lannan saw something

"Guys look in this care, its stuffed with supplies and stuff!" We all checked it out, in the back seat of this van there were boxes full of food, medicine, clothes, but there was a sh*tload of water and Gatorade. "Dude we gotta get this stuff!"

"We don't have enough time guys we have to get out of here, we are wasting way too much time!" Maikuru said
"I agree with Maikuru, we need to get into the Middle School ASAP" I said, noting that the sun could no longer be seen
"But we need this guys! Its Gatorade!" Lannan said
"We can come back tomorrow and get it no one will"
BAM! Noumena swung at the window and broke it, sending shattered glass everywhere.
"Are you crazy dude we gotta keep quiet!" Maikuru said, brushing glass out of his hair
"What should we get?" Lannan asked, he too could tell we were low on time
"Just grab whatever you can carry, we need to get a move on they probably heard that"
We all start grabbing stuff in a frenzy and shove it into our backpacks. Lannan got some Gatorade, Maikuru got some water, Noumena grabbed anything that looked like food, and I grabbed two sleeping bags and some pillows. No way in hell we're going to sleep well on tiled floors.
"Oh f*ck" Maikuru says. I look up, so does Lannan and Noumena

About 100 zombies were marching down the side of the street.

"GO GO GO GO GO" I whisper as loud as I can and we all start hopping over car hoods. Noumena was now in the front, Maikuru behind him, then me and Lannan in the rear. We slide over car hoods furiously and head towards the middle school with adrenaline coursing through our veins and we make it through the street.

Well almost.

With the middle school in sight, Maikuru and Noumena broke into a full sprint but right when I started to run for my life I heard a cry from behind me. A zombie hiding under a car had grabbed Lannan's foot and he had fallen down.

"F*****CK!" I drop my stuff and turn around to help Lannan, It actually looked like the zombie had been run over and then got pinned under the car. I grip the pipe and start wailing on the zombie's head. Around the fourth strike though something flew right into my eye causing me to swing and accidentally hit Lannan right in his leg.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHWWWWWWWW" Lannan screamed. He almost made me deaf he screamed so f*cking loud. I beat the zombie one last time and Lannan is freed, but he is bleeding badly and now all the zombies knew where we were. They started making their way through the cars for us.

"Help me dude!" Lannan yelled, oblivious to the fact that his yelling only attracted more zombies. He couldn't walk.

"Drop the bag Ill carry ya!" I pick him up but I still cant see a goddamn thing, my one eye still sore from when I got knocked out, the other had dirt in it. "Lannan, I can walk but cant see, you can see but cant walk, we gotta work together in order to get to the Middle School so steer me ok?"

Lannan Nodded, I pick him up and move as fast as I can with Lannan telling me where to go. We run into Noumena and Maikuru who had no luck getting through the main door, it was locked.

"Go over the fence then we don't have time for this!"

Noumena goes first, Maikuru helps me get Lannan over next. I can hear the zombies bearing down on us though.

I help Maikuru go over the fence next before I start climbing. I get over just as the zombies hit the fence, dozens of them started trying to make their way through the fence. Noumena sprints towards the school while Maikuru and I carry Lannan on our shoulders. We make our war into the school and then close the doors behind us.

We were safe, or so we thought.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 2:17:07 PM
I got bored so I made another one :P

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 2:40:49 PM
If only this were real life...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 2:53:04 PM
Didn't you say they would come out once a week?
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 2:58:29 PM
At 5/5/2013 2:53:04 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

I say lots of things

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 3:28:09 PM
At 5/5/2013 2:58:29 PM, imabench wrote:

I say lots of things

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2013 3:32:51 PM
At 5/5/2013 2:58:29 PM, imabench wrote:

I say lots of things

guns are not useless without ammo

watch this and skip to 2:32
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 9:06:35 AM
At 5/6/2013 8:57:24 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
When am I coming in?

That depends entirely on when you signed up

Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 6:03:19 PM
I'm a bad@ss. 'Nuff said.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 11:17:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 5/5/2013 2:16:40 PM, imabench wrote:
Drinking from swimming pools? What about the chlorine?
Senpai has noticed you.